Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That reminds me of that interview where Werner Herzog just calmly states with his answer that they are under fire from a sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Psycho Gabi aside, seashells do loving not beam at night.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tony Phillips posted:

???

Your son?
Your nephew?

Her sister probably married a guy and the nephew is from the groom's side.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Wouldn't there still be George and Charlotte?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Looks like Tesla already figured out the 0th Law and decided humanity was better off without this guy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cythereal posted:

3 is fun if you can ignore the game's less-than-subtle theme that you the player are a callous bastard for enjoying the game.

2 is the same thing but it really just makes you be the worst person ever. A worst-person shooter.

Seriously, you want to ambush a group of dudes guarding a spot? Shoot one of them in the gut. He'll fall down in pain and his buddies will run over so you can pick them off too. Or just burn the grasses around them and watch the ring of fire slowly close in. There's a part where you run upstairs when attacking a house and stop the enemy radioman from calling back to base that you're attacking them. He promises not to say anything if you promise not to shoot him. What do 90% of players do after he stops broadcasting? Shoot him anyway! He keeps his end of the bargain even if you don't kill him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Not sure why this is on a North Carolina site, but I guess sense is not to be expected when dealing with Florida Woman.

Woman Arrested for Riding Motorized Cart Through Wal-Mart While Eating Chicken, Drinking Wine

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AFewBricksShy posted:

I grew up next to King of Prussia,PA and never realized it was odd until the same thing happened to me.

I mean Conshohocken also sounds insane...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SpacePig posted:

Why would you leave something small enough to steal and worth thousands of pounds overnight in a canvas-covered truck? Seems pretty easy to break in to.

I'd imagine because insurance will cover it and you get a cut.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Paris Jackson was actually raised by black people. Also there's a chance, however unlikely, that her father was black.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
No meat touching, please.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I have a feeling it's like with Judaism where there are protocols of increasing complexity depending on how serious/orthodox you are.

Like putting up a mezuzah; you put it up on the right side of your doorway, tilted slightly. And maybe also on every doorway. Including maybe the inside ones. Also maybe on everything that you walk or pass through, such as your car. Maybe. Otherwise just the front door is probably fine.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I particularly like how the headline implies that he's been accused of being Florida Man.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The use of the word "get" makes me think he's also always looking for an excuse to make that rec to someone.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
poo poo, I got some catching up to do.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Thank god you cleared that up, I thought they meant Belushi.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm looking forward finding out about his inevitable death in the schadenfreude thread and then the person who posted it eating a 6.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There is a new note, but they hid this one behind his sack.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SpacePig posted:

You're kinda reaching there lady. Calm down.

Yeah, there are plenty of reasons beyond this SEXY COW that we have a sexual predator in the White House.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Buddy ydych chi wedi

Welsh suspected

Welsh confirmed

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They should have just set up a computer playing random infowars videos.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean they didn't have to offer the company 2 super bowl tickets in their box either.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

"Hon. Lord Humongous: Yes it will."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pretty sure The Onion interviewed a funeral stripper for their Voices column once.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lol that he picked literally the smallest thing to describe his penis

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

chitoryu12 posted:

Obviously there's nothing that can be done about any of the ride restraints (those are safety features, not comfort features, and can't just be adjusted), but I think you need to visit a doctor before you visit a theme park if you require two spaces on a bench seat like Kong has.

It wasn't a safety thing, allegedly they just wanted to get as many people on that ride as possible. "Push for capacity."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok, but that's still not a safety thing. I guess they have to measure which is worse publicity, the line taking slightly longer or that one customer getting very upset.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
She wasn't complaining about the rest, she was complaining about it in that case because it was simply for wanting to get more people on the ride. She acknowledged having to hold bags for all of the Harry Potter rides, but the one that pissed her off was Kong.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This but Heinlein novels with characters who have sex with their starships or found hippy communes where everyone has orgies and telekinetic powers.

See, with Asimov it would be someone with autism traveling around space meeting those characters, and then also explaining why it's okay to someone else.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like that she wants non-brits charged with treason and also brits who attacked non-brits charged with treason.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platystemon posted:

It’s how journalists use commas.

A headline on the Chicago Tribune’s home page right now:

<subject> did one thing, did other thing

It’s the same format as the blackbelt headline.

You're taking it like the newspaper is saying that the kid did one thing (get paralyzed), and then did another (earns a black belt). The intention is to say that the kid, who was paralyzed after having a tumor, later earned a black belt. The difference is subtle, but the latter strikes the tone of "despite being paralyzed this kid earned a black belt" whereas your version gives the impression that those things are both achievements. Also "by" instead of "after" implies causation.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Antioch posted:

I busted a guy looking at CP when I was working at an Internet Cafe in the early 2000s. I went upstairs to get his dishes and he'd gone to the bathroom and left it open on his screen. You can't unsee these things. I called the cops, they showed up in about 30 seconds (HQ was across the street) and caught the guy red handed.

The next day I got fired for "letting the police steal the computer" and I should "have just asked him to leave".

Have you posted about that before? I definitely remember hearing that story.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Azathoth posted:

Contrast it with "theft by swindle" where the thief convinces the victim to give the thief something willingly, under false pretenses.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other "theft by ____" out there too, which lets the punishment be different depending on how something was stolen.

I've heard it referred to as "theft by deception." This was taking something off the shelf at a store and trying to return it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That article's just a bunch of hot air.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The article in that picture says he came back after serving in South Korea, he probably wasn't checking his dormant account while overseas.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Terrible Opinions posted:

Creationism is pretty explicitly the latter. Like at Catholic school in the 90s we were told that creationism wasn't supported by the Bible and to not identify as creationists.

I think that's "creationism" as shorthand for "young earth creationism."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i've always felt like those warnings would be perfect in a metal song

If Sunn O))) had lyrics this could be an entire album's worth.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Azathoth posted:

The whole "fallen angel" conception of Lucifer is mostly extrabiblical. The only time the word appears in the Bible is when the author of Isaiah is talking poo poo about the King of Babylon. It comes mostly from medieval readings of Revelation that only persist today in crazyass fundamentalist circles. That is to say the idea of Lucifer as a fallen angel is about as biblical as the Rapture.

I think some versions also have that word used to describe Christ in Revelation. Lucifer means light bringer, that's it. Sometimes it's used to talk about someone being fancy and special, sometimes it means the planet Venus. I don't think it's ever used as a proper noun in the bible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wheat Loaf posted:

When all the generations get together for their big party, Generation X is always dancing with itself.

After the dance competition the spotlights pick the kids in triumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Thousands of snowflakes! Thousands!

edit: and there are tens of cars on the road!