Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Morter posted:

I'm dumb. What am I looking at here? (From the gallery on the last page)

The football players are out of order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

No doubt a form of protest against either the British government or the European Union. Either seems equally likely.

In other news (hey!) here's what the Scottish papers are saying today:

I'm so mad at this attempted wordplay

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

http://koin.com/2015/03/26/suspecte...-dick-arrested/

quote:

The break in the case came late Wednesday night, Clackamas County deputies said, when Michael Dick was arrested in Gresham. Police were called both Tuesday and Wednesday night about a naked man masturbating in the Tickle Creek and Kelso Road area

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Nckdictator posted:

19th Century tabloid "Illustrated Police News" had some pretty amazing headlines.

There are great and are there more

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

drgnwr1 posted:

Woman Claims Sexual Assault By Toy In Hibachi Restaurant

There is a hibachi restaurant near me that uses this toy as well and every time that I've gone with my wife and that toy is used by the chef, they exclaim "Here comes the fire fighter" and proceed to spray water on the onion volcano and then spray the younger kids a few times and everyone would laugh.

Was expecting this to involve a hibachi magic wand

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

@VitaCoco gently caress that. Save that nasty poo poo for someone else. I would rather drink adult actor Stoya's piss but this will do for now my address is

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I never understood the charm.

Well, the thing about strip clubs is you get to look at boobs

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Knormal posted:

Don't worry, I got you. :nws:

Honestly, it seems pretty off-model for Bowser.

I would have gone for bulbous, almost football-shaped shaft and testes much more taut. The color's wrong, too.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Jesus. I'm gonna show ten people that headline and see how many of them can work it out in 60 seconds.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Domus posted:

My sister in law had a gender reveal event. When her husband found out it was a boy, he was super excited. “Guess what the first thing I’m going to get him is?” “A suit?” “No” “A football?” “No! It’s a gun. I’m going to buy him a [place style of gun here] for when he gets older!”. I was torn between being disgusted by the idea of the gun, and the idea that he wouldn’t have bought it if it was a girl.

Guy got his comeuppance though. He was a cop of the variety that makes people think ACAB. Tried to pull a fat person who had fallen down off the ground. Ruined his hip. Department gave him nothing because he was not required by his job to help the woman to her feet. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

I hate this, but/and aren't cops not required to do anything?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Been at least one trans goon who's said they've had relatives go 'If we had one of those for you, maybe you wouldn't be so confused'.

...a gun?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Inceltown posted:

I think they're clarifying what the OP meant.

So no they weren't talking about a gun but were talking about how the baby should have been given a gender reveal party so they didn't grow up to be trans.

Oh. Well, I think we should give trans people guns anyway.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fun thing, cops are specifically not required to pay child support for children they father while undercover.

That can't be true. Is that true?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Evilreaver posted:

Outside of a dinosaur, a cell phone is a man's best friend
Inside of a dinosaur, there's no reception

oh jeez

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I know this didn't happen in the bible, but it feels like one of those things that would have

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

They've got plastic surgery televangelist and his nephew, perennial conversion camp prom king youth pastor.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

"Myeh that's a real slick plan, but whadda the little squirrely-looking girls gonna do, boss?"

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

the chief v2 posted:

Does anyone have a link to a local newscast where there’s a backup anchor filling in and he starts the broadcast by introducing himself and then without pausing leading into the top story of the night about someone being beaten and killed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EO0c5L61xI

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

:eyepop:
That is way more of a swerve than I expected from the original question

It's funny how they asked the question like they didn't get it

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

a story older than time

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

"the Brains"

the brains

the brains

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

That's offensive. When you do that you make the background color RED or PURPLE so that the end of the flag goes into it nice. And yellow? poo poo, that's like one of the least gay colors.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I'm clearly not an artist but my first thought was, "Sheesh did they just drive through a gay pride parade or field of unicorns or what?". Something about it being on the hood like that.

Lobok posted:

It's not like pride is stored in the truck nuts.

Hood Cornz™

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i thought sheep food was free cause they walk aroudn eat grass

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

In real countries, dollar stores sell things for one Euro or more.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

"It might seem a bit quirky," said Craig, "but I go to the [gay] bars to meet women. There are straight women there, and loads of gay men. God help me when the lads figure it out. [Laughs] But yeah, guys like me need a little trick sometimes to get an edge. Did you know that 80% of women compete for the top 20% of men? It's interesting. Take a look at your female friends' online dating accounts... these men look like James loving Bond."

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Except that people actually did this. They even used to print a braille version of Playboy that was, one assumes, just the articles.

There was stereo reviews, but also stuff like a 14-page interview with someone like Gore Vidal, which in any other magazine would have been a one-page non-interview where they ask him to talk about his dogs because they don't actually want to give him a platform.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Maybe you (who received the broken nose) informed him of the tragic nature of that color combination. (No issues with pink, but that pink and shiny black doesn't work with that beard/hair/face color.)

You're right. But even beside that, they couldn't have gotten it more wrong. The shirt should be pink and the jacket black. They both look shiny and one of them should be matte. The point of a pocket square is to introduce a different color to the outfit, not one of the same! It should be gold or white or a pattern. And he should NOT be wearing a thin kilt that visibly reveals his erection (cropped out in this photo, but I was there.)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Platystemon posted:

They come in different shapes and I don’t know what that guy’s looked like, but it’s a small folding structure you can hang clothes on to dry.

#4 is a clothes horse. The rest are racks

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

quote:

In New York in 2013, Del Bufalo gave a lecture and signed copies of his book, Porphyry, about the reddish-purple rock much used by Roman emperors.

I would have named my book that just to make radio interviewers stumble over pronouncing it, but this guy thought of it first.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Isn't the towing fees usually on the car's owner? There's a whole lovely industry based on it

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PSA check out r/tombstoning for unfortunate headline/photo juxtaposition that haven't been xeroxed and read aloud by talk show hosts a million times

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

remind me again why that's constitutional?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

A dry christmas tree is an absolutely scary fire hazard. Back when my family still bought christmas trees they'd put a bucket of water next to them, but if you've seen how they light up you know how laughably inadequate that is.

If you aren't standing next to it when it catches fire you aren't going to put it out.

Why not put it in the bucket of water? If the bucket's bigger than the tree, it'll be fine

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

We have a fragment of one from 3500 BCE. Sadly, it lacks the punchline. This one was recorded in the 4th century CE but probably dates from a few centuries earlier:

i'm sure you're loving with us but it doesn't lack the punchline

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Metric kills.

You're not kidding. Would have lived if he were reading a recipe written in drams, pinches, and smidgens.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

"ooh, that sounds bad. the readers are going to misinterpret this as an example of cops being bad."

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Was there one where he made gay food for a gay wedding

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Who's gonna be the third incest headline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

it's cool to be creative in bed, but why talk to reporters about it