Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Window: Scarlet Doom, as it matches the color of my soul.
Varik: Ssen, as he is obviously Ness's evil twin. Plus, it sounds like "sin", which is so badass.
Favorite Thing: Sorrow. I want to see the main guy kill enemies with his sadness.
Favorite Food: Whatever people choose as their favorite frank.

Don't care about the rest. e: Changed my mind, Default names for everyone else. It sounds like it'd be more entertaining if everything else besides Badass Falcom Protagonist was played straight with all the weird changes this game probably has.

This looks like a loving trip, looking forward to seeing this thing.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The NPC dialogue actually looks decent, capturing part of the original game's spirit without devolving into "hahaha gently caress PENIS poo poo DONGS" stuff that most hacks like this do. Of course, that's cancelled out by the long and "trying too hard to be badass grimdark" monologues. Monsters seem neat, too.

So far, this hack doesn't look horrible, which is quite the achievement in itself. I'm sure that will change as the game goes on, though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Well, uh... the gently caress?

I'm actually intrigued now by where the story's going to go next. The hacker did a good job making everything seem so hosed up and insane, in a good way it seems like.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Literally just noticed the hint in the banner right after reading that.

• Locked thread