Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

1.) Reggie Rose. 2.) Monta Ellis. 3.) LeBron "flobron" James
??????

“I’m going to say LeBron James(notes) [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.
“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.” ~ Monta Ellis, March 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

He's at every game in that get up

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

McBob
https://vine.co/v/OOpMv9KaBr0

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I never realized Josh McRoberts was just a character played by Martin Starr

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Demar is fire so far this season

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 3, 2014

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Blake doing...something
http://gfycat.com/SoreMilkyKomododragon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Igor Strelkov posted:

Alec.... BURKS!!!

Great John Houseman name.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Heat are the only undefeated team in the Eastern Conference.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010
So Charles Barkley earlier this week said he thinks the Pistons will make the playoffs. Does anyone here/anyone who actually follows basketball think they have anything other than an outside chance at the playoffs?

Heat
Wizards
Cavs
Bulls
Raptors
Hornets

Those six teams all seem like locks to me. Hard to imagine any of them falling out unless they're ravaged by injuries. After that I feel like the next most likely are
Hawks (almost certainly, if Horford stays healthy)
Nets
Dumpster Fire Knicks team dragged by Melo

And then I guess the Pistons after that. So if the Hawks are inexplicably worse than last year despite getting their best player back, or the Nets have horrible injury problems, then I guess I could see the Pistons squeak by the Knicks with a 38-44 record or something? This is of course assuming the Pacers will be terrible, even though in reality I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do as well or slightly better than the Pistons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Pistons are really going to get better when Jodie Meeks comes back and helps space the floor and everyone figures out the offense. I'm not sure what irony level im operating at here :confused:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Icy Penguigo posted:

So Charles Barkley earlier this week said he thinks the Pistons will make the playoffs. Does anyone here/anyone who actually follows basketball think they have anything other than an outside chance at the playoffs?

Heat
Wizards
Cavs
Bulls
Raptors
Hornets

Those six teams all seem like locks to me. Hard to imagine any of them falling out unless they're ravaged by injuries. After that I feel like the next most likely are
Hawks (almost certainly, if Horford stays healthy)
Nets
Dumpster Fire Knicks team dragged by Melo

And then I guess the Pistons after that. So if the Hawks are inexplicably worse than last year despite getting their best player back, or the Nets have horrible injury problems, then I guess I could see the Pistons squeak by the Knicks with a 38-44 record or something? This is of course assuming the Pacers will be terrible, even though in reality I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do as well or slightly better than the Pistons.

I'd be shocked if the Hawks were healthy and didn't make it. Though I didn't pay much attention to their offseason, having Horford should make them better than last year.

I think the Pistons could potentially sneak in as an 8th seed. I'm thinking that seed being a battle between NY, Brooklyn, and Detroit. I could see Brooklyn or NY having injury issues that ruin them. Still I guess it's an outside chance because if Brooklyn doesn't have injury issues they should be in. NY will be better with Calderon coming back but they are also coached by Fisher.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 3, 2014

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

rabidsquid posted:

The Pistons are really going to get better when Jodie Meeks comes back and helps space the floor and everyone figures out the offense. I'm not sure what irony level im operating at here :confused:

The Nets are much better than Detroit. Every team of that 8 is better. What everyone is expecting is Andre Drummond getting a lot better, and Josh Smith playing like a reasonable man. I think Josh being reasonable is happening, sort of, but Andre looks about the same.

It will take injuries to put them in the 8th seed. It will also take Jodie being really good and Kentavious's shots going in.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Igor Strelkov posted:

The Nets are much better than Detroit. Every team of that 8 is better. What everyone is expecting is Andre Drummond getting a lot better, and Josh Smith playing like a reasonable man. I think Josh being reasonable is happening, sort of, but Andre looks about the same.

It will take injuries to put them in the 8th seed. It will also take Jodie being really good and Kentavious's shots going in.

I think that KCPs shot will start going in because it looks good and it's not like he's forcing bad shots, so it seems like it should, but this happened all last year too. It's too early to say on Drummond because he's been stuck to the bench in foul trouble, but I guess that's part of playing better too. Josh Smith has only taken 6 3PA this year but he's still shooting more long jumpers, but yeah I do think he's playing better.

I do think that the Pistons are a real outside shot at a playoff spot, I just hope they don't mess around and ruin their lottery odds with another run at the end of the year while still ending up in ninth.

Watching Kyle Singler try to defend Joe Johnson was not good. KCP didn't do a very good job either but he has the tools to do it. Poor Kyle Singler was the goat from Jurassic Park :(

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
One of the East "locks" will end up with an injury or something that knocks them out too. I'd say the Piston's have a 50/50 shot. I like their odds as much as New Yorks.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Poor Kyle Singler was the goat from Jurassic Park :(

I laughed pretty hard at this. I was wondering why JJ went off in that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

traveling, technically

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

What seed would the Blazers get in the East?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
This season is already producing so many quality .gifs:
http://gfycat.com/HeartfeltGloomyIndianrhinoceros

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

These 2 are my Pacers spirit animal.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Icy Penguigo posted:

Pistons will make the playoffs. :words:

I've already rolled off two recent posts about it. But my main issue with a lot of early season "expert analysis" so far is that everyone thinks the Pistons are a playoff team and no one thinks the Hawks are. I'm not sure how that got agreed upon by a large number of people, but it seems wholly wrong. The Pistons roster still looks like a total train wreck to me and I'd rather take either/or Knicks/Nets as the 8th seed and just figure that one of them will fail their way up.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Derek Fisher coaching the Knicks is one of the best things to happen in the entire history of ever. He constantly has a look on his face akin to a college student halfway through a lecture on the first day of classes arriving at the dawning realization that they're in the wrong class.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Libertine posted:

I've already rolled off two recent posts about it. But my main issue with a lot of early season "expert analysis" so far is that everyone thinks the Pistons are a playoff team and no one thinks the Hawks are. I'm not sure how that got agreed upon by a large number of people, but it seems wholly wrong. The Pistons roster still looks like a total train wreck to me and I'd rather take either/or Knicks/Nets as the 8th seed and just figure that one of them will fail their way up.

I think people just forgot the Hawks exist. They'll probably be a 6-4 seed without injuries.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
N:https://vine.co/v/OODDep3xzwb

V: He's going to peter out eventually this season and it will be really sad.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

Lmaoooo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

guys did you see this yet it's hilarious

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

WYA posted:

Demar is fire so far this season

he is going to get injured and it'll suck

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
Was it here that someone said he knew Lance in junior high and that he used to pee on people? I can't not think about that every time I see Lance.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Legerdemain posted:

Was it here that someone said he knew Lance in junior high and that he used to pee on people? I can't not think about that every time I see Lance.

I mean, he kicked his girlfriend down a flight of stairs, but I guess memory triggers are different for each of us.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

It's gear grinding, because the Hawks were the 3rd seed before injuries last year, they have 2 great post players who compliment each other, an all time great shooter, lots of other good shooters, a pretty good point guard, a reasonable bench, more than enough to get into the playoffs.

Like I said, pistons predictions are predicated on Andre Drummond becoming a taller Dwight Howard, but that's going to take time. It's still too early to say anything about this season. Continuity and fit is so important in the NBA.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

IcePhoenix posted:

traveling, technically

He's dribbling.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Stan Van Gundy will win coach of the year. Or not. But it's fun to think about.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

straight up brolic posted:

Here are your leaders:

Post away

Davis will clearly keep up this level of production this season.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Klay Thompson is good at basketball

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm glad Klay Thompson is going to be NBA MVP this year.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm glad Klay Thompson is going to be NBA MVP this year.

Hall of Fame induction is next.

I was so happy when he seized up Steve Blake, blew past him, and dunked the poo poo out of the ball to make it 85-84. Because he had lost the ball to the Blake on the previous possession. But he didn't care. Compare that to Harrison Barnes who was isolated on Blake earlier, missed an easy lay-up, and was never heard from again.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 3, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'm festively jovial

https://vine.co/v/OOg1TF1ueEg

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Jeez. I think this Bosh feller is good at basketball.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bashez posted:

He's dribbling.

I'm pretty sure it's still travelling if you jump.

e: that's why you never see players on a catch and shoot go in the air when they fake

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Piston hype is mainly predicated on Van Gundy but I don't think he can solve the team structure this year.

• Locked thread