Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Lobsterboy posted:

I was giving them poo poo before the season really started, but after watching a few games, they have some hidden talent in there. Maybe not going to win a division but sure as hell could make a run for it.

The strange thing is we actually have some depth, despite being all unknown players basically.

Raymond, Stajan, Backlund, and Colborne are all injured right now. So we have 1 of our 4 centres playing but aren't being eaten alive somehow.

I mean Josh Jooris has scored tonight in his 6th NHL game... yet I'm completely comfortable him as a 3rd liner so far.

Plus we have 2 goalies playing lights out.

TeamJesus fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

kanuck posted:

Hartley seems to have them playing much harder than they were in years past, or maybe it's just that all the lazy players are gone. Whatever it is, they're much more fun to watch.

A bit of both, last year was the same situation.

Hartley had us playing balls to the wall all season. Hell, the media was raving about how much of a pleasant surprise we were despite being a 4th last team ultimately.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
Calgary is outshooting Montreal 63-29 over the past 4.5 periods.

• Locked thread