Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Rookersh posted:

I dunno. You can rightfully throw a lot of accusations at Ubisoft, but the one thing they've always done is listen and change systems based off player feedback. When everyone said the best thing they could do after Far Cry 3 was make more Far Cry 3, they did just that. When people said Conner was trash/AC3 was bad, they completely changed the formula, and got rid of the things people didn't like the most. When people said they didn't like how Conviction played, they went back to the drawing board and went out of their way to make stealth/"old" Splinter Cell gameplay modern and fun again for Blacklist.

They had a brief moment of clarity around 2012 but then Far Cry 4 was lame, Blacklist got buried under GTA5, and they immediately re-reinvented AC to be worse than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
If no one has already started work on a new thread for Syndicate, can I volunteer to make one?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

As long as you mix in Chavsassin's Creed somewhere be my guest. :v:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Pork Pie Hat posted:

If no one has already started work on a new thread for Syndicate, can I volunteer to make one?

I want it to be the called Assassin's Creed Syndicate: The Ragged Trousered Exsanguinist please.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

I want it to be the called Assassin's Creed Syndicate: The Ragged Trousered Exsanguinist please.

Oh my god that is amazing.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I was thinking of making one but kept getting stuck on a mildly amusing title and didn't actually do any work. Go for it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All the next AC OP needs to be is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That gameplay video is actually surprisingly cool, the game looks like it has a more realistic physical feeling to it but I'm still horrified by the enemy health bars. Unity hosed up the franchise with its changes in that regard where now they think they're developing a brawler but forgot to create actual brawler combos and interesting combat mechanics.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Please do! I'm not really keen on doing it again this year.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
OK, this dragged on a bit, so it may well have a feeling of "will this do?" and I borrowed the structure from this thread's OP, but here it is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744138&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post450773570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Edit.

I'm dumb as gently caress and didn't even notice the Syndicate thread. God drat forget I said anything.

• Locked thread