Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Jethro posted:

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Rogue. The gameplay is fine, but I find myself completely unable to pay any attention to the plot, my wife is complaining about everyone being an idiot, and the direction for the voice acting is meh at best.

Usually I like the plot (historical and modern {though ACIII historical was shite}), but this seems more disjointed than usual. It doesn't help that I'm still pretty early along in the game and I can only play for a few hours once my 6 month old is asleep and I'm off my ADD meds, but things seem to be jumping around way too much, at least in terms of location.

Oh yeah, definitely. Sequence Four picks up with a dude going "can you believe it's been a whole year since we met?" and basically winking into the camera without explaining what the gently caress they were doing in that year. But I'm enjoying the gameplay a lot--whaling is as horrifying and legendary ships are as nasty as they were in Black Flag, which is good, because they're basically the exact same :v:

(Actually legendary ships take place as "legendary battles" with multiple allies and a few trash enemy ships too, so that's kinda cool)

E: ^^^ God I hope someone gets fired over that. Someone somewhere is screaming at them about how bad that looks, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Don't worry they've sorted the important things first

Classic Ubisoft

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

:eyepop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HaitianDivorce posted:

Oh yeah, definitely. Sequence Four picks up with a dude going "can you believe it's been a whole year since we met?" and basically winking into the camera without explaining what the gently caress they were doing in that year. But I'm enjoying the gameplay a lot--whaling is as horrifying and legendary ships are as nasty as they were in Black Flag, which is good, because they're basically the exact same :v:

(Actually legendary ships take place as "legendary battles" with multiple allies and a few trash enemy ships too, so that's kinda cool)

E: ^^^ God I hope someone gets fired over that. Someone somewhere is screaming at them about how bad that looks, right?

The Ezio games skipped like 4 years regularly.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

But Ezio didn't regularly wink at the camera and go "wow, it sure has been a boring four years!"

It's not a huge game-breaker or anything. It's just one more weak line on the pile.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty much all them did. It's been a fairly common thing.

HaitianDivorce posted:

But Ezio didn't regularly wink at the camera and go "wow, it sure has been a boring four years!"

Nah, he totally did. That or he would be like "I can't believe it's been four years since my family died, how come I haven't gotten revenge?!" or whatever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Skipping the Intro Movies!

UPDATED FOR UNITY:

Go to: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed Unity\videos

Rename the following files so that they no longer load: (I just put .bak at the end of each filename, this works fine and lets you revert if you screw up)

UbisoftLogo.bk2
pc_TWIMTBP.bk2

Then go into the sub-directory that corresponds to the language you're playing in (for example /en/ for English) and for the same for these files:

warning_disclaimer.bk2
pc_WarningSaving.bk2

Voila, you'll now launch directly to the 'Press Any Key' splash page. Enjoy!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Random thing: I've been playing the last few days using a VPN over Steam, and as of today on the EU release, without a VPN all UPlay Rewards/Actions have vanished. Whaaaaaaa....

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wait so those Helix Points are actually something you can buy and use in game? Not a reflective satire on in game purchases for a full priced game?

loving hell Ubisoft...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Popete posted:

Wait so those Helix Points are actually something you can buy and use in game? Not a reflective satire on in game purchases for a full priced game?

loving hell Ubisoft...

I seriously assumed the same thing until I saw it actually linked to the PSN store.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I seriously assumed the same thing until I saw it actually linked to the PSN store.

Popete posted:

loving hell Ubisoft...

there is even a 99 US DOLLARS microtransaction for them

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

The season pass says it includes over 30 different pieces of gear. So... how do I unlock it? I see the Fleur-de-Lys sword but that's it.

Also, I applied for SAAC on PC as Malkarne. Please let me in so I can do club comps and get end-game gear. Thanks!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hakarne posted:

The season pass says it includes over 30 different pieces of gear. So... how do I unlock it? I see the Fleur-de-Lys sword but that's it.

Also, I applied for SAAC on PC as Malkarne. Please let me in so I can do club comps and get end-game gear. Thanks!

It's probably going to be 30 pieces of gear over the DLC lifetime.

I'll go process PC club apps in a couple hours here.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Steam should start MacroTransactions. Pay Valve $5000, get all current and future games free for life.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a point to joining a club yet?

Orv
May 4, 2011

plape tickler posted:

If you do more bullshit than other clubs you get a hood with a bunch of gigantic goddamn feathers on it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Orv posted:

It's probably going to be 30 pieces of gear over the DLC lifetime.

I'll go process PC club apps in a couple hours here.

Thanks. And wow that's some deceptive poo poo. "Buy the season pass and you get 30 pieces of gear!*"

*Eventually some day, you don't actually get 30 pieces of gear when you buy it.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

So what the gently caress is up Abstergo? Their games say they're "brought to you by" and "created with help by" and other poo poo. Is Ubi trying to become their own fictional evil corporation? The story and themes is such a clusterfuck. I have no idea what's going on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

plape tickler posted:

You get UPlay points.

Though UPlay isn't working.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I'm hearing that Unity is not great, but is it like a total unpurchasable mess on PC? Because I've got a monkey on my back that wants to open some chests real bad right now.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jonad posted:

I'm hearing that Unity is not great, but is it like a total unpurchasable mess on PC? Because I've got a monkey on my back that wants to open some chests real bad right now.
I didn't realise the monkey wanted to pay to open each chest

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

So what the gently caress is up Abstergo? Their games say they're "brought to you by" and "created with help by" and other poo poo. Is Ubi trying to become their own fictional evil corporation? The story and themes is such a clusterfuck. I have no idea what's going on.

AC4 literally says that Ubisoft is one of Abstergo's partners.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
All the glitches and performance issues are just issues with the new Animus firmware, which is simulated in game. Uh and apparently Abstergo bills its own playtesters if they want to test additional content.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ImpAtom posted:

:ssh: Yeah, but Abstergo are secretly the good guys.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
In AC1 the Templars were the good guys, in till the assassin's betrayed them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, so Unity's release is kinda just a metaphysical extension of AC4 where you're playing the role of an Abstergo debugger except for real :aaaaa:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Oh, so Unity's release is kinda just a metaphysical extension of AC4 where you're playing the role of an Abstergo debugger except for real :aaaaa:

Well, maybe it would run better if the assassins weren't hacking your game to add multiplayer. It's really just super-meta.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Holy poo poo, Ubi didn't learn ANYTHING from EA's recent PR problems, did they?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Actually they went main stream and everyone owns these "Oculus Rifts" and they can play any part of their blood line. And all the other games are games they released. Can you play those 11 other games at the start of the game that are locked?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Actually they went main stream and everyone owns these "Oculus Rifts" and they can play any part of their blood line. And all the other games are games they released. Can you play those 11 other games at the start of the game that are locked?

Yeah, they're called the rest of the series before this one. :ssh: Speaking of that, I think I might replay one of the AC2 trilogy while waiting for this to work. I might even wait until after Cyber Monday so I can upgrade my computer a little bit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm really sad that you can't play those sequences on the menu.

Also, I liked AC4 just fine, but won't pick up Rogue because gently caress the Templars.

brothahood 4 lyfe

seriously though Brotherhood is the best game

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, they're called the rest of the series before this one. :ssh: Speaking of that, I think I might replay one of the AC2 trilogy while waiting for this to work. I might even wait until after Cyber Monday so I can upgrade my computer a little bit.

Hey, I can't play as that hilariously dorky looking 1920's hooded assassin, and he's the one who looks the most interesting :colbert:. Or that other awesome Irish freedom fighter assassin, but I want to play that game for a completely different reason.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
How do I synch games with my Initiates profile? I'm logging into the same account that I own them with on Uplay, but no dice. Does it matter that I technically bought them on Steam?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pirate Jet posted:

How do I synch games with my Initiates profile? I'm logging into the same account that I own them with on Uplay, but no dice. Does it matter that I technically bought them on Steam?
Some or all of those systems are technically hosed up right now, so it may be that.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Pirate Jet posted:

No it doesn't matter with Steam. The old version of Initiates had a manual sync function but it seems the new automatic one doesn't work correctly. I was like level 11 or 12 under the old system with everything synced up properly but now it says I'm level 1 with no games, so clearly it isn't working right still.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Don Gato posted:

Hey, I can't play as that hilariously dorky looking 1920's hooded assassin, and he's the one who looks the most interesting :colbert:. Or that other awesome Irish freedom fighter assassin, but I want to play that game for a completely different reason.

Just play The Saboteur for those two.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just play The Saboteur for those two.

I wish. The Saboteur is kind of broken on modern hardware. Most of all, the overlay of map points/objectives/locations doesn't sync with the underlying map image itself.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I actually don't mind the game, but holy gently caress is the movement system / combat system / framerate / virtually everything broken as hell. The co-op is pretty fun, at least.

e; also, English accents in a game about France is the most jarring loving thing

Murodese fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 14, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just to outline some of the problems I had with my first non-immediately-failing coop mission last night:

- Hilarious lag. I don't know if it was because of some server problem or because the person I was playing with was in a 28.8 modem in the middle of Siberia, but I haven't seen anything that bad in over a decade. I was being hit by unseen enemies, and when I swung my weapon I 'd hear them being hit, and then a while later a dead enemy body would slide across the ground and arrive at my feet, which caused me to laugh out loud.

- Quest markers wildly swinging around in space, inside of structures or in midair, or anywhere else.

- I dunno if this is related to coop as such, but I needed to get underground to search for someone (I could see them there using eagle vision), but all of the MARKED staircases were locked. After like ten minutes of searching I found an unmarked staircase that I could use.

- Of course, a co-op partner with no microphone. How silly of me to expect communication in a two-man coop game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wish. The Saboteur is kind of broken on modern hardware. Most of all, the overlay of map points/objectives/locations doesn't sync with the underlying map image itself.

Also there is a distinct lack of both hoods and Ireland in the Saboteur. The main character might be Irish and a freedom fighter but he sure as poo poo isn't fighting for Irish freedom.

• Locked thread