Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Kundus posted:

Gil Meche was so bad because of how explicitly he rewarded the goddamn awful org that broke him. More recent examples of just flat out walking away from millions would be Ryan Dempster and AJ Burnett. And it's not just guys who've already made bank who are doing it. Gerrit Cole turned down Yankee money out of high school in favor of :airquote:the college experience.

What's the Matter with KansasPitchers?
Mark McGwire got a two-year, 30 million dollar extension before the 2001 season, and retired before it even kicked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread