Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
just wondering
behind the wheel first person
on the hood first person
behind the car close
behind the car far
View Results

• Locked thread
Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
n/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

first person looks great but 3rd has better visibility

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Race like you gently caress from behind and backed up

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i like from in front of the car facing into it so u can see ur driver as u crash

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Widestancer posted:

Race like you gently caress from behind and backed up

yous a real fine vehicle wont u back dat rear end up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Driver 2 for PS1 I went into full first person and pretended I was on a reality TV show about people speeding and dealing with the consequences, often it was like some guy speeding to Disney World with his son and then a full fledged cop chase.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

3pf is nice but i respect people who do first person if the game has a real dash

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
in the drivers seat if poss, otherwise just the chase cam. tbh , i can do it any which way.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
in gt6 like half the cars dont have interiors so i just dont drive them thoe.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I.N.R.I posted:

in gt6 like half the cars dont have interiors so i just dont drive them thoe.

yea i try to buy cars with full interiors in gt6 but i still race in close chase cam mode

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

how does a car not have an interior

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it really depends on the game

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

it depends, am I like wacky kart racing, or like semi-realistic stunt driving or is it like burnout where I'm supposed to be crashing into things?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

going out of your camera comfort zone can also be a nice little challenge :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCpQKOjhCk
doing this challenge (no hitting the civilian cars) was the first time I ever used cockpit view for an extended period, it really expanded my horizons

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I prefer my view to be 1st person from the passenger's seat. Then I don't have the stress of driving, can enjoy the virtual view, and can offer helpful driving tips to the driver.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

driver sf was cool and i should probably go back and finish it

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

either first person or behind the car depending on the game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mung Dynasty posted:

driver sf was cool and i should probably go back and finish it
i'd suggest we do multiplayer but it's broken for me and there's no way to fix it

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Behind the car far. Having more peripheral vision really helps.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Top down a la spy hunter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

For Gran Turismo, first person without the interior invisible (is that technically on the hood)

for F1 2013, the TV-like angle that's just above the driver's helmet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i gotta see the dials

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
Definitely cockpit view, OP

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Cockpit view for realistic games, 3rd person for arcadey games. still waiting on an Xbone game where if i flip off another player in real life my driving avatar flips them off in game.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Don Gato posted:

Cockpit view for realistic games, 3rd person for arcadey games. still waiting on an Xbone game where if i flip off another player in real life my driving avatar flips them off in game.
Oh, this would be excellent. Something to keep in mind for Kinect Joy Ride 2?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im pretty sure in forza 1 they did some kind of magic with the behind close view because you can actually see the road decently but in the grand turismo games i can only play in fp view

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

i don't like racing games that try to be realistic, so close 3rd person

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Depends on the game really. First person usually because the field of vision is less obstructed.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Burnout first person really gets your adrenaline going, but not too feasible.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SarutosZero posted:

I prefer my view to be 1st person from the passenger's seat. Then I don't have the stress of driving, can enjoy the virtual view, and can offer helpful driving tips to the driver.

Only riding a cab in GTA IV offers you this experience. Hopefully 1st person mode in GTA V will bring back this exciting element of car games.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
My favorite race related car game is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, thank you for asking

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

McDowell posted:

Only riding a cab in GTA IV offers you this experience. Hopefully 1st person mode in GTA V will bring back this exciting element of car games.

My last hope for this was Crazy Taxi but it turned out you were the one driving the taxi in that game and not just riding in it and I was very disappointed. Maybe I will try GTA and hope it can deliver the driving experience I enjoy.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
unless you set up a dashcam, a kite, and a gopro, to your corolla S, cars are driven in first person, OP.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like to play racing games in first person because I'm a dickless homo who has AIDS and loves it.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SarutosZero posted:

My last hope for this was Crazy Taxi but it turned out you were the one driving the taxi in that game and not just riding in it and I was very disappointed. Maybe I will try GTA and hope it can deliver the driving experience I enjoy.

Was so disappointed when I got in cab in V and it forced 3rd person / cinematic camera.

But they are making that up to us with first person mode

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
third person makes Stunts too easy. Where's the challenge? The thrill of the Game?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I like to play racing games in first person because I'm a dickless homo who has AIDS and loves it.

Same.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

3rd person is the only real option for ADVENTURE RACING op

unless you're not ADVENTURE RACING but then what are you doing with your life

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Driver's seat view on a TV is just weird cause of the lack of peripheral vision, and how they often don't have functioning mirrors and a way to look at them easily.

Great Joe posted:

going out of your camera comfort zone can also be a nice little challenge :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCpQKOjhCk
doing this challenge (no hitting the civilian cars) was the first time I ever used cockpit view for an extended period, it really expanded my horizons

This, however, is pretty rad. But why does the car have the wheel in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

Behind the car far. Having more peripheral vision really helps.

• Locked thread