Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD!!!
This poll is closed.
MORE BLOOD!!!!!!! BLOOD OWNSZSSSSSS!!!!! 27 14.44%
BLOOD YEAH OHHH YEAH ooooo YEAA!!! 28 14.97%
132 70.59%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SURVIVOR SERIES 2014

Survivor Series Match
AUTHORITY DISBANDS & LOSES POWER IF THEY LOSE
Team Cena (John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, ???, ??? & ???) vs. Team Authority

RAW

Really weird angle to start RAW as Vince comes out with HHH & Stephanie. He plugs that the network is free and just decides to book that if the Authority lose - they no longer have any power and disband. Dean Ambrose comes out as they're all leaving and shakes the hand of Vince McMahon. Nothing else happens - they go to commercial after plugging Ambrose is facing Cesaro.

Back from commercial we're backstage with Vince, HHH & Stephanie - Vince talks about how good it felt to be out there. Also he LOVES SURPRISES. HHH & Stephanie were very much faking a smile the whole time. Vince left.

We get a recap of what happened at HIAC. The first 15 minutes of this show seem very... weirdly paced. We then get a recap of Cesaro vs. Ambrose in a comedy match on SmackDown.

MATCH 1: Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro

Commentary immediately continues to hype THE NETWORK BEING FREE THIS MONTH once the bell rings. Cesaro hits a cool powerbomb and we get a great view of Cesaro busted open - no idea how it happened. They go to commercial after an awkward Bray Wyatt 2 second video. Apparently Wyatt had an entrance because when we're back - he's out there on the ramp in his rocking chair! Cool spot where Ambrose escapes the headlock - goes for a jawbreaker lariat and then Cesaro reverses it into a nice German Suplex. About 2 minutes later Ambrose makes a comeback and actually hits the Jawbreaker Lariat for a 2 count. Cesaro tries a trap pin to steal the win but gets hit with Dirty Deeds for the finish.

WINNER: Dean Ambrose via Pinfall (Dirty Deeds) [8:44 Televised]

Wyatt disappears in a flash. :rolleye:

HHH & Stephanie are nervous backstage. HHH goes to call Randy Orton because he's going to need the strongest team possible against Team Cena. Stephanie looks very upset about this.

Usos come out. We go to commercial. I wonder if they're facing Goldust & Stardust?

MATCH 2: Jimmy Uso vs. The Miz

I had no idea of telling which Uso brother this was until 1 minute in. Cole was laughing really hard about Mizdow and Jey Uso doing stunt double stuff. Miz bailed out of the ring when Jimmy went for a RUNNING rear end ATTACK in the corner. He was able to hit a guillotine on the ropes and then started to get the heat. Jimmy held on after being irish whipped and was able to fling Miz over the top rope. He did a plancha onto Miz and Mizdow sold. When he threw Miz in the ring - Mizdow also went in. Jimmy pulled him out and Jey gave Mizdow a superkick to BOO's. When Jimmy slid in the ring he was hit with a Skull Crushing Finale for the finish.

WINNER: The Miz via Pinfall (Skull Crushing Finale) [4:55]

US CHAMPION SHEAMUS IS HERE! They announced he was facing Rusev immediately after the show ended and is in action RIGHT AFTER THE BREAK. Very strange you're booking the US Champion in a match HOURS before he has to defend his title. He's so losing tonight.

MATCH 3: Sheamus vs. Tyson Kidd

A fan has a sign that says KANE DEWEY. Tyson Kidd hits some leg kicks before being caught and battered in the corner. Sheamus hits some shite european uppercuts and a rad tilt a whirl backbreaker. Tyson goes on the offensive and gets a bit of heat by choking Sheamus with his foot in the corner - and holding all the way until counts of 4 over and over again. Sheamus makes a comeback, hits an Alabama Slam and locks in the Irish Cloverleaf - and it's NOT THE FINISH AS KIDD GETS THE ROPES! They start fighting on the outside and Sheamus gets counted out as 5:15 as Tyson Kidd uses Natalya as a shield to keep Sheamus back and enter the ring.

WINNER: Tyson Kidd via Count Out [5:15]

Sheamus hits Kidd with a Brogue Kick. Commercial break.

Dolph Ziggler is out for a match!

EVERY MEMBER OF THE AUTHORITY COMES OUT!!! THEY ARE GOING TO KILL HIM. Stephanie cuts a promo about forming the STRONGEST TEAM IN HISTORY. SETH ROLLINS...KANE...and of course RANDY ORTON! HHH gets the mic and says Dolph is free to partner with whoever he wants - but THEN WHAT HAPPENS?! He's telling Ziggler if he wins he won't get ANY CREDIT! But if Cena loses??? ZIGGLER GETS THE BLAME! HHH puts over Ziggler as one of the HARDEST WORKING MEN in the locker room but can never seem to get through the glass ceiling. They mention how John Cena isn't even here right now - so does he really care about Ziggler? They tell him if he says "NO" to John Cena right now he can have anything he wants. Dolph takes a moment to think about it and asks HHH again if he can get anything he wants. When HHH reassures him ANYTHING - Ziggler says HE WANTS THEM OUT OF POWER and he gets a very mild YES chant. Because of this HHH books Dolph Ziggler vs. Rollins and makes it for the IC Title.

MATCH 4: WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Dolph Ziggler © vs. Seth Rollins

They wrestled a bunch and they went to commercial. Sorry I missed that chunk! After the break both guys did a crossbody to each other and Dolph went into a comeback that involved him doing lariats, a splash, a neckbreaker and an elbow. He went for the Fameasser but didn't get it. Dolph went for a 10 Punch in the corner and ACTUALLY WENT AT A PACE WHERE THE FANS COULD COUNT before Rollins grabbed him and did a BUCKLE BOMB! Rollins goes to the top rope and misses his knee and is hit with a FAMEASSER for a rad 2.9 count! Rollins it's an enzugiri for a 2.9 count of his own. Rollins hits 2 solebutts and misses a curb stomp - leading to security interfering behind the referees back. Rollins throws Ziggler into the post, hits the curb stomp and is about to win the IC title but ORTON HITS HIM WITH AN RKO. The bell hasn't rung yet though??? I guess it's over. They went about 11 minutes.

WINNER: ??? [Forever. Until the end of time.]

As Orton left, Kane came down the ramp and got angry at Orton.

Stephanie backstage with HHH - telling HHH that they can't trust Orton. Orton barged in and BEGGED for a match with Rollins TONIGHT. Stephanie got mad at him and said they're a TEAM and Orton said that was a LOAD OF GARBAGE and maybe he should JOIN TEAM CENA! He continues to cut a fiery promo until HHH yells at him to STOP. He tells Orton just how much needs him on his team and this is a no lose situation. He gives Orton what he wants, they shake hands - and Rollins vs. Orton is booked for tonight.

We get a wacky promo with eyeballs. Pretty sure it was Luke Harper. "What...what was that?" King says before we go to commercial.

Back from commercial and TITUS O'NEIL IS OUT AND HE'S CUTTING A PROMO! I think he's campaigning to be on the Authority but he's immediately cut off by THE BIG GUY.

MATCH 5: Titus O'Neil vs. Ryback

WAKE UP. IT'S FEEDING TIME! Fans in buffalo don't seem nearly as hot for the Big Guy as fans were last week. Titus gets on offense early and actually gets in control. Like a solid minute of him beating down Ryback before Ryback hits a SPINEBUSTER. They show the Authority looking on as Ryback sets up for the lariat. Ryback hits the Lariat and the Shellshock for the finish

WINNER: Ryback via Pinfall (Shellshock) [2:26]

We're backstage with halloween racist Renee Young & The Big Show. Big Show cuts a promo about Henry betraying him. He wants his friend back - but also wants to knock him the HELL OUT OF HIS LIFE! I would have cared about this more if these 2 haven't faced each other on and off for years and weren't characters since the 1990's.

Lillian Garcia welcomes some Buffalo Bills players to RAW. Anytime I see a Buffalo team I am reminded of a commercial where they run down every New York team but completely ignore the Bills & Sabres. We get a recap of Mark turning heel last week and it's time for these 2 to wrestle ONCE AGAIN!

MATCH 6: Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Big Show does some Sumo to start the match and it looked hilarious. Gonna be honest I'm not watching this really - but Big Show has been in control for a lot of it. The Authority are watching. Big Show went to the top rope and Henry threw him off to get control. He hits a World's Strongest Slam for a 2 count and the crowd just doesn't react at all. Mark hits Big Show with the Steel Steps after throwing Show into them for the DQ. I can't believe they

Winner: Big Show via DQ (Weapon Usage) [6:28]

Henry gives Show another WSS - this time on the Steel Stairs. "YOU MIGHT BE BIG BUT YOU'RE NOT THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN!" he says. He covers Big Show in his T-shirt and leaves to his music.

Back to HHH & Steph backstage and we get MORE TALKING!!!!!!!!!! They talked about Orton and Rollins. COMMERCIAL!

Over 2 hours into the show and HOLY COW A DIVAS SEGMENT! AJ is out to do commentary oh boy. They cut backstage to an interview with Brie Bella. Nikki cuts off the interview and says nobody cares. Renee is about to cut away but stops talking. Erick Rowan stands next to her, touches her hair and says PRETTY. Renee says THANK YOU and leaves. Reminds me of Crystal and Lauren in TNA.

Nikki is the #1 Contender and now is going to have a match.

MATCH 7: Nikki Bella vs. Emma

Fans immediately start chanting CM Punk. I agree. AJ Lee seems to be very NOT CRAZY in the booth. King makes a joke and AJ completely no sells it. After some dead silence on commentary Nikki hits a Rack Attack and wins clean. "Not too shabby" AJ says.

WINNER: Nikki Bella via Pinfall (Rack Attack) [2:25]

Nikki orders Brie to do something. Brie reluctantly walks over to AJ Lee and smacks her. Camera misses AJ hitting Brie back. She charges Nikki and she bails. Fans chant CM Punk as AJ Lee's music hits.

ZACK RYDER SET FOR ACTION

They actually plugged a tweet where he asks to be on Team Cena.

MATCH 8: Zack Ryder vs. Rusev

Rusev won. (I am typing this before the bell rings)

WINNER: Rusev via Submission (Accolade) [1:18]

Lana told the fans in Buffalo to shut up. She's trying to get the Vickie heat. Rusev cut a promo on Sheamus. Sheamus comes out and puts over the US Championship (wow!!!). As he enters the ring - Rusev & Lana bail. He plugs his match vs. Rusev immediately after RAW.

Lana & Rusev were walking backstage. Stephanie wants to recruit Rusev into the Authority. Lana says they will talk to Putin and they will get back to her.

MATCH 9: Stardust vs. Fernando

Another match where I couldn't tell which partner was which. Stardust hissed at Miz and Mizdow on commentary at one point. Things broke down 2 minutes into the match with everyone on the outside being all over the place and FERNANDO HIT A BACKSTABBER AND WON.

WINNER: Fernando via Pinfall (Backstabber) [2:24]

HHH & Steph are out again but thankfully not talking. They're here to watch the main event.

MATCH 10: Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

They went to commercial before we even hit 2 minutes. The pace they were going when the commercial ended didn't feel anymore aggressive than any other match during the night, which was weird. Almost immediately after typing that - like they heard me - Orton took Rollins to the table and backdropped him on it. Orton stripped the table but they ended up back in the ring. After a few more minutes of wrestling they ended up back out. Rollins did a suicide dive which I'm pretty sure he does all the time and commentary sold it as if HHH can't believe this match HAS GONE THIS FAR. Great counter nearing the 9:30 mark where Rollins goes for a curb stomp but Orton hits a nice powerslam. Orton hits his rope assisted DDT and riles up the crowd. He goes for the RKO but gets hit with a BACKSLIDE FOR THE PIN!!!!

WINNER: Seth Rollins via Pinfall (Backslide) [10:13]

Orton can't believe it and looks frustrated. 0 table usage as was teased. Orton argues with HHH but we can't really hear what they're saying. They're urging Orton to let bygones be bygones. Orton shakes the hand of Noble, Mercury, and Kane. They're teasing they're all on the same page. Rollins says he's going to be the BIGGER MAn and sticks out his hand for a handshake. Orton shakes his hand. RKO OUT OF NOWHERE. ORTON THROWS EVERYONE OUT OF THE RING AND SETS UP THE PUNT. HHH angrily runs in, jacket thrown off is trying to get everyone to calm down and stop. He gets right in front of Orton, trying to calm him down. It seems like he does, but then ORTON CLOCKS HIM!!!

Kane, Mercury & Noble start beating down Orton but he fights back! He beats up Rollins on top of the table - but suddenly kane and Noble grab a hold of Orton and Rollins GIVES HIM A CURB STOMP ON THE ANNOUNCE TABLE. Orton is busted open and it's AWESOME. HHH continues to try and restore order and Stephanie gives him an angry look and tells him to finish this.

HHH reluctantly agrees and tells them to finish the job before leaving with Stephanie. They put Orton's head on the steel steps and Rollins gives him one last curb stomp from the table to end the show. Blood made this a much better segment, imo.

AFTER RAW

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RANDY I NEED YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Kane be trippin'.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought that was quite a good show with an excellent ending - quality match between Seth and Orton, amazing aftermath. But the commentary being so detached for the majority of the show is atrocious and something needs to be done about it. There is almost zero connect between what is happening on screen and what they're talking about, which was a frequently cited problem with WCW back in the day.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm really into Randy Orton and want to see him come back and kill everyone. Not just the Authority. Kill All The People.

Well played, WWE.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sounds like nothing happened and it was a terrible Raw. Glad I skipped it to hang out WITH LADIES :smug:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Raw isn't over you gently caress. Demod Hulkamatt.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Randy's out of Survivor Series right? Isn't he running off to go film a movie?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

TheJoker138 posted:

Sounds like nothing happened and it was a terrible Raw. Glad I skipped it to hang out WITH LADIES :smug:

Did you obey the restraining order this time?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
HOS

POSE

AND RKOS

ORTON IS BACK BABY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtCtHNrQaU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HEY

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'll give the WWE $10.99 a month instead of $9.99 if they change his theme back to this.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I really don't care about Orton. Like at all. I hate that they pushed Ambrose down to the midcard in order to make room for RANDY ORTON NUMBER 2 BABYFACE because gently caress the future or anything interesting or new we have to have all Cena and all Orton all the time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://vine.co/v/OO0DZDOTUqh

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rusev is US champ.

Finally.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheJoker138 posted:

Rusev is US champ.

Finally.
All hail the motherland :ussr:

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

op is out of date 0/10

TheJoker138 posted:

Rusev is US champ.

Finally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

I really don't care about Orton. Like at all. I hate that they pushed Ambrose down to the midcard in order to make room for RANDY ORTON NUMBER 2 BABYFACE because gently caress the future or anything interesting or new we have to have all Cena and all Orton all the time.

It seems kind of churlish to complain when the ultimate end result of tonight was indy darling Tyler Black coming out on top both in the match and also in the aftermath brawl and being the defacto top heel in the company since the current WWE Champion isn't a regular fixture of the shows.

Plus the match/brawl ruled and the crowd was super-hot for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love how when Ambrose is blown up he actually uses it for his character. I think he has somewhat limited cardio but he just turns into Bill the Cat when he runs out of steam. ACK THPPPBT ACK ACK FPPPPPT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
OKAY NOW RAW IS OVER TALK ABOUT RAW. REMOD MATT

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

It seems kind of churlish to complain when the ultimate end result of tonight was indy darling Tyler Black coming out on top both in the match and also in the aftermath brawl and being the defacto top heel in the company since the current WWE Champion isn't a regular fixture of the shows.

Plus the match/brawl ruled and the crowd was super-hot for it.

Seth is cool. But it'd be nice to have more than one guy in the main event who hasn't been there for over a decade.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
New champion. Please fix the op. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
America is doomed

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
All I want is a spinning us belt with putin's face as the centerplate.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Seth is cool. But it'd be nice to have more than one guy in the main event who hasn't been there for over a decade.

I mean if you combine the years brock's been here then its only been 5 years for him so...

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Good match, but they really are starting to overuse that pass out instead of tap thing.

Just let your dudes tap WWE, real fighting men do it all the time, no big deal.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hope they have Sheamus heel turn now and join the authority seeing how he and HHH are buddies and they need to replace Orton

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I can't wait for Lana's promos now.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

All I want is a spinning us belt with putin's face as the centerplate.

This is what I want.

:ussr:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just remember, the endgame is almost certainly feeding Rusef to Cena!

:smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'd be alright with Cena being US champ.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

The view never changes.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Raw without Cena is great.

Orton was rad, Rollins only continues to get better, the US Championship is finally where it belongs and Mizdow rules. Crowd was poo poo all night though despite lots of wrestling. Only real standout problem is that Ambrose vs Coward Jobber is still a totally directionless feud that that gets a very minimal focus.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd be alright with Cena being US champ.

Bookends

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Huh, Raw actually looked pretty decent this week from the recap. I only saw the second half of Rusev/Sheamus, which was logically booked and fine in ring.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anyone notice the TNA style heel section doing a "Let's go Sheamus/Sheamus sucks" chant during the title match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wrestling is pretty cool sometimes. And the rest of the time it's also pretty cool.

• Locked thread