Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD!!!
This poll is closed.
MORE BLOOD!!!!!!! BLOOD OWNSZSSSSSS!!!!! 27 14.44%
BLOOD YEAH OHHH YEAH ooooo YEAA!!! 28 14.97%
132 70.59%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Would've been nice to see this on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Good match, but they really are starting to overuse that pass out instead of tap thing.

Just let your dudes tap WWE, real fighting men do it all the time, no big deal.

I think it works for the Accolade because it sends the message that even if you fight through the pain, it's pointless because you aren't going anywhere.

I'm so happy for Lana.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

:ussr:

Тогда.
Теперь.
Навсегда.

:ussr:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I liked the show and especially the ending, which was dramatic in a silly but compelling way like wrestling should be imo.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm so happy for Lana.

They looked so happy.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Personally I wish that Randy Orton's best friend John Cena came out to save him at the last minute, but I guess dying is an acceptable alternative.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Roman Reigns posted:

Would've been nice to see this on TV.

GOTTA PAY unless you never paid before.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

HulkaMatt posted:

GOTTA PAY unless you never paid before.

I paid, let my sub lapse, and got the free month. v:shobon:v

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yay OP is updated. Godbless and good night.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Crosspost from the Raw thread because I'm dumb:

Per Cesaro's Instagram, he needed 5 staples to the dome.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Xavier Woods is wrestling James Brown.

:drat:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
ARE WE STILL LIVE

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
About time Rusev gets the belt.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
John Cena is missing and dead

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

Thank god.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Suddenly a helicopter swoops in and Vladimir Putin is lowered down on a rope ladder.

Putin: Comrade Rusev, you made your country proud and shown that the Soviet spirit can overcome all obstacles. Now it's time to celebrate in the appropriate Russian fashion.

*Putin, Rusev and Lana do a Cossack dance in unison*

Rusev: Mr. President, you dance very well.

Putin: Well, you know, it keeps me in shape. Come on! Everybody dance!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I legit marked the gently caress out when Rusev won, you did it my boy :unsmith:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RAW was fun, had matches I'd not seen a million times, plot progressed and made sense for all involved and there was lots of wrestling and HHH promos. Orton is great at melodrama and Seth stole \_O__/

Also Big/Show Mark Henry happened but we can't win them all.

Rusev made my booking dreams come true :unsmith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Need a picture of Rusev squatting on the title.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
y'know, compared to the celebrity gm era where there'd be literally under 20 minutes of bell-to-bell wrestling some weeks, a show which was nothing but matches interposed with a few angle driven promo segments feels like a loving godsend. raw was pretty fun this week. orton's promo delivery is genuinely entertaining and seeing him bleed really did wonders for that finish. it helps that randy loses matches, because it actually provides for a compelling narrative.

i hope they run with the idea of the authority losing because they forced the hands of four other guys and cena is just an ancillary figurehead to tie it all together and we still have two more people to bring it together. like, in a perfect world cena would be the first guy eliminated because right now dolph and orton both have more at stake and that makes for a much more interesting story than "cena wins" but at the same time cena gonna win so oh well.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sigma posted:

Xavier Woods is wrestling James Brown.

:drat:

Well he did steal Brodus Clay's The Cat's theme.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That Raw was good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think I might need to take a break from WWE. Because while my brain can recognize that what I'm watching is good and fun I just get sad because in my heart of hearts I know it leads to the same old poo poo. Also Dean Ambrose was getting over so better get him back down to the midcard and away from the main event so people know that what he does doesn't actually matter.

At least this show had zero Cena on it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Спасибо Лана
Спасибо Русев
Слава России-матушки
Хвалите президента Путина

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
So the end game is actually for Reigns to get over beating Rollins for the title, not Brock. Makes sense I guess?

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Gavok posted:

Suddenly a helicopter swoops in and Vladimir Putin is lowered down on a rope ladder.

Putin: Comrade Rusev, you made your country proud and shown that the Soviet spirit can overcome all obstacles. Now it's time to celebrate in the appropriate Russian fashion.

*Putin, Rusev and Lana do a Cossack dance in unison*

Rusev: Mr. President, you dance very well.

Putin: Well, you know, it keeps me in shape. Come on! Everybody dance!

Someone post the faces on the bodies! (although Gief and Chev do look very similar already to Rusev and Vlad)

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

NutritiousSnack posted:

‏@HulkHogan
Sad day for America and WWE Universe,Rusev as US Heavyweight Champion makes me sick,John Cena where are you when we need you brother. HH

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like that Dolph Ziggler momentarily feels like somewhat of a big deal. I'm just gonna soak it in for the time being.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

ARE WE STILL LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87DSLe4Eqw

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

nonrev posted:

Someone post the faces on the bodies! (although Gief and Chev do look very similar already to Rusev and Vlad)

My favourite part about this gif is not just the fact that Gorbachev's birthmark changes sides, it's the fact that nothing else does. There was literally no reason to reverse the part of the sprite that made up his head, they just did it when they reversed the rest of it.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Remember how when some of us get yelled at for saying a little blood here and there makes something 10x more effective

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:sun:

Also, according to various semi-credible and scoop-having sources the reason why the Network keeps getting delayed in the UK is Sky is mega-pissed at WWE for making their formerly lucrative PPV contract now worth squat and they're in "negotiations".

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 4, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I didn't watch a single second of Raw except for the main event angle and the Rusev match on the network so imo this was the best Raw in months

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pretty much everything on tonight's Raw ruled except the Bella match and it is truly amazing that when John Cena isn't on the show like every other wrestler gets enough time for two whole segments

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I was so expecting a rapadoo at the end of the night to save Orton.

I can't say I was disappointed for that to not happen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'm just in a better mood in general but Christ was Raw ever better this week. Rusev winning the title was cool, especially on the Network (and I hope it pays off decision-wise and they do more stuff like it), Rollins puts on great matches always, and the Authority stip for Survivor Series plus great promo work by Trips re: Cena puts the intrigue back into that match for me.

Still nowhere near enough Ambrose, especially on a week without Cena.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I was so expecting a rapadoo at the end of the night to save Orton.

I can't say I was disappointed for that to not happen.

John Cena doesn't help his friends, why would he help Anti-Hero Orton, Number 2 Face in WWE?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's a little weird that Rusev's quest for the US title lasted all of two weeks. You'd think they'd make a long feud out of that, but I guess that's what I get for thinking the title means anything.

Also, am I crazy, or is the WWE just taking all their failed NXT call ups and redebuting them? First the Wyatts, now Xavier Woods, who's next? Big E? Emma? Adam Rose coming back as Leo Krugar?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 4, 2014

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dimebags Brain posted:

John Cena doesn't help his friends, why would he help Anti-Hero Orton, Number 2 Face in WWE?

If Orton were a black/samoan tag team would he help the John Cena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still nowhere near enough Ambrose, especially on a week without Cena.

Why would they give more time to some jobber?

• Locked thread