Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

There's a button you can press on ebenefits that shits out a service verification letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

didn't read thread cuz it seemed gay, but are expired military IDs cool for me to get my welfare on with?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

the dad farm posted:

didn't read thread cuz it seemed gay, but are expired military IDs cool for me to get my welfare on with?

lol I got a discount with my contractor ID once so u should be good bro.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well gently caress going to the old bar, those bitches aren't doing poo poo this year because gently caress them. Gonna get my burger at hooters.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I didn't even know the front of my ID had an expiration date for like 3 years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I use my expired ID at Lowes all the drat time.

Got me 10% off my new dremel set last week.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
gently caress 40% off of tools from Sears and 10% further off of stuff already on sale. Hello air compressor :getin:

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Can Nidal Hasan get a blooming onion sent to his cell?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Happy veterans day soldiers!!!

i have no idea where im going. mmm i have to go to a fuckin vets day parade for my unit because im broke and i asked my sergeant to give me some bullshit besides drill to be present at for :10bux: maybe ill stop at the dennys on the way....

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hmm but I'd have to show up to the Denny's in uniform...idk if i could do that it sounds like a lot of work

e; gently caress it I'm hungry! :(

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

You don’t protect my freedom: Our childish insistence on calling soldiers heroes deadens real democracy

This is some A+ trolling. I can't wait to see the angry facebook posts about it on Tuesday.

My angry facebook post about this is that someone who's claim to fame is writing a book about John Cougar Mellencamp, thinks their opinion is worth sharing to the rest of the world.

Its like that time a Nickleback fan tried to tell me Pink Floyd was overrated. Frankly, its insulting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I really wish Golden Corral was free every day.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Grem posted:

I really wish Golden Corral was free every day.

Good population control.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just a reminder folks...Golden Corral's free meal is NEXT week, not today.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Oh Jesus Christ I'm at the mall with my wife and her sister. We completely forgot that since its vets day the place would be packed.

There's a bunch of old vets walking around by themselves with their Korean War hats on and poo poo and this dude trying to wrangle his 3 loving kids makes it a point to interrupt this old vet dude wearing a hat sitting down and drinking a coffee to say thank you for your service sir.

Jesus loving Christ I'm so glad I remembered it was Veterans Day and wore nothing military related.

(Yes sometimes I'll wear a old ship hoodie if I'm lounging around doing nothing).

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

nwin posted:

Oh Jesus Christ I'm at the mall with my wife and her sister. We completely forgot that since its vets day the place would be packed.

There's a bunch of old vets walking around by themselves with their Korean War hats on and poo poo and this dude trying to wrangle his 3 loving kids makes it a point to interrupt this old vet dude wearing a hat sitting down and drinking a coffee to say thank you for your service sir.

Jesus loving Christ I'm so glad I remembered it was Veterans Day and wore nothing military related.

(Yes sometimes I'll wear a old ship hoodie if I'm lounging around doing nothing).

don't worry, no one would notice, and if they did they'd probably think you aren't a veteran. even highly trained military historian adjunct professors don't know the military status of the cg so

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

don't worry, no one would notice, and if they did they'd probably think you aren't a veteran. even highly trained military historian adjunct professors don't know the military status of the cg so

Aw poo poo son

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Me: all the places that give free food are places I wouldn't eat at unless there were no other option
Brother: maybe they think if you can survive combat you can survive that food

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apthous posted:

Can Nidal Hasan get a blooming onion sent to his cell?
Invision?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Swung by the local Dennys for my Freedom Slam or whatever and it has gone out of business. Welp disaster averted.
Still doing a free burger at Red Robin that is walking distance from my work. Also free car wash woo!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

krispykremessuck posted:

The Rat posted:

Me: all the places that give free food are places I wouldn't eat at unless there were no other option
Brother: maybe they think if you can survive combat you can survive that food

I like to think they are providing a much needed service of forcibly ejecting the MREs that are still lodged in your GI tract. The most sincere thanks anyone can give Vets.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I got my freedom slam before this parade. It was loving cold today though, Jesus. Luckily I am in a 88m unit so I rode in a heated LMTV that was refurbished from a cushy Korea post and delivered to our unit this year. Smiled and waved behind those windows that regrettably don't open so that the wind chill couldn't eat at me and the cc, who was with me. Ty for 2 mutas army, hooah

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Coffee and donuts at the VFW and listening to old farts bitch about paying school tax is the best way to start a day.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Zeris posted:

You don’t protect my freedom: Our childish insistence on calling soldiers heroes deadens real democracy

This is some A+ trolling. I can't wait to see the angry facebook posts about it on Tuesday.

Trolling? This is salon.com we're talking about. It's 100% serious.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I just signed up for a free year of LinkedIn premium offered to vets.

https://veterans.linkedin.com

Here's a helping hand to get you less underemployed.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'd like to thank everybody here in this thread for their service. You all are true heroes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Mike posted:

I just signed up for a free year of LinkedIn premium offered to vets.

https://veterans.linkedin.com

Here's a helping hand to get you less underemployed.

Cool, I'm gonna jump on this even though linkedin is loving stupid and never actually lands anybody work.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Cool, I'm gonna jump on this even though linkedin is loving stupid and never actually lands anybody work.
Yeah. It's kind of annoying when Facebook friends that I never worked with want to add me.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw man I actually have to admit I was in the military in my profile to get the handout. I dunno, probably not worth it.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I hit up Denny's for breakfast. Got the free grand slam and my wife got some pumpkin pancakes which were way too sugary. Then went to the Elk's Lodge for a pretty good home cooked lunch.

Microbrewery and Grill in town is offering 50% off for Vet's day. Their food is generally really good so we might pick up some discount food for tomorrow.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I only hit up Wawa for free coffee since I had mandatory classes today :argh:

My girlfriend's dad (usmc vet) however hit up IHOP for breakfast, Texas Roadhouse for lunch, and is having Red Robin for dinner.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you're in Seattle, Dick's is doing a free burger, fries and drink today. Everybody loves a mouthful of Dick's, especially veterans.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

If you're in Seattle, Dick's is doing a free burger, fries and drink today. Everybody loves a mouthful of Dick's, especially veterans.
Aw, poo poo, I love Dick's.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Seattle is too far for me to drive, even if it means a ton of Dick's in my mouth.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, but Seattle always has the juiciest, greasiest Dick's.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72goReNPBQ

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
that's me irl

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

that's me irl

same except i would bowl on saturdays

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's for any burger on the menu, apparently. I'm already going to Red Robin, but I want dick's, too. :(

lookit this cherry bitch hungry for dicks.

https://www.facebook.com/DicksDriveIn/photos/a.10152933652561349.1073741845.29803936348/10152933652961349/?type=1&theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dat beret

• Locked thread