Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

But a certain moderator of a certain sub-forum of the something awful forums is having a mid-life crisis.

I would never tell you his name, but he is 44 years young and his name is something like canine-accident veracity.

please let it be known that he is very old and the lack of testosterone in his system is making him unstable and prone to outbursts and the unadvised purchase of mazda miatas.

Is there something we can do as a forum to cheer him up and help him to to terms with his advanced age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartGhost

i didn't know you modded a forum

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

FartGhost posted:

i didn't know you modded a forum

I'm only 39, but I am starting to feel the pull of mazda miata ownership tugging at my giant prostate

BERGfu

I got a 3

BERGfu

I haven't been disappointed

BERGfu

zoom zoom

Savage For The Winjun

shots fired

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

BERGfu posted:

I got a 3

gently caress off with your 3. this thread is about old men like forum mod Mutt Smash Legitimacy and myself longing for the sweet driving characteristics of the Mazda MX5 Miata

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
miatas are fun and enjoyably zippy cars, you don't know what you're talking about. :colbert:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

LappyDore64 posted:

miatas are fun and enjoyably zippy cars, you don't know what you're talking about. :colbert:

35-55 year old man spotted.

treasure bear

Mazda MX-5 was the best looking car in Sony Playstation 2 video game Need for Speed: Underground (2003) so i think they're cool

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Cumt posted:

Mazda MX-5 was the best looking car in Sony Playstation 2 video game Need for Speed: Underground (2003) so i think they're cool

While this is true, I think we're getting off topic here. We need to find a way to help BOYB mod Hound Blast Authenticator find acceptance in his new role as manager, father figure, and Mazda MX5 Miata owner.

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
he could start by reading the owner's manual, it's a good way to get acquainted with your vehicle and often includes a number of very helpful tips on safety and usage.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

35-55 year old man spotted.

you're only as old as you feel, john, and after the weekend i've had and the stuff i have to do for school, i guess yeah, i am.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I thought this was the sassy sexy teens forum :yikes:

BERGfu

gently caress off with your 3. this thread is about old men like forum mod Mutt Smash Legitimacy and myself longing for the sweet driving characteristics of the Mazda MX5 Miata

You have kids don't you john? Can I interest you in a six?

BERGfu

it's diesel

SIDS Vicious

if i could name names i would name godspeed john glenn handsome francis

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Luvcow posted:

I thought this was the sassy sexy teens forum :yikes:

That's what I thought as well, but then it was revealed that our leader, Cur Collision Verisimilitude is, in fact, a middle aged man.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Iggy Koopa posted:

if i could name names i would name godspeed john glenn handsome francis

thanks, sid. what would you name old, broken down mod Pup Damage Correctness?

SIDS Vicious

matt damon

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Iggy Koopa posted:

matt damon

:captainpop:

BERGfu

Iggy Koopa posted:

matt damon

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

That's what I thought as well, but then it was revealed that our leader, Cur Collision Verisimilitude is, in fact, a middle aged man.

Matt Damon turned 44 October 8th.... :stare:

I thought it was a joke but add Matt to the famous goons list with:
Kesha
Pauly Shore
Robin Williams

joke_explainer

we should get him an arduino kit, my dad settled down with little programmable electronics stuff as a hobby some time ago and loves it

vapoursquid

none other

Luvcow posted:

Matt Damon turned 44 October 8th.... :stare:

:pusheen:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
He's probably four years late on a prostate exam :ohdear:

SIDS Vicious

matt damon i beg you please get your prostate checked, my dad thought he should go without getting his butt touched by the doctors, but guess what he had butt cancer and they saved his life, save your life matt damon. do it today.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Security Drone posted:

we should get him an arduino kit, my dad settled down with little programmable electronics stuff as a hobby some time ago and loves it

That's a good idea. I was also thinking about an old motorcycle that he could work on in his free time that he is totally going to ride around town 'some day'.

BERGfu

Iggy Koopa posted:

matt damon i beg you please get your prostate checked, my dad thought he should go without getting his butt touched by the doctors, but guess what he had butt cancer and they saved his life, save your life matt damon. do it today.

Kidding aside actually go do this because someone I know recently passed away from a hemorrhoid who didn't have his butt checked. he was 76

SIDS Vicious

i think we should get him an african american friend, maybe one who is versed in the various instruments involved in making blues music, maybe we can get him a little guitar and he and his black friend can play the blues together, i think thats a thing that middle aged men like, especially dads!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Iggy Koopa posted:

i think we should get him an african american friend, maybe one who is versed in the various instruments involved in making blues music, maybe we can get him a little guitar and he and his black friend can play the blues together, i think thats a thing that middle aged men like, especially dads!

this sounds a bit racist, sid, and we all know that Mongrel Demolition Reality is a warrior of social justice.

SIDS Vicious

im sorry about this

FluffieDuckie

I'm more concerned about the state if his investment accounts. It's all fine and good to drive around town in a miata, but if he isn't maxing out his 401k at this point he'll never be able to retire at a reasonable age.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Iggy Koopa posted:

im sorry about this

It's ok, sid. I just hope this doesn't bother Puppy Slam Axiom as he may be suffering from, and I quote, "visible signs of aging such as loss of skin elasticity and graying of the hair. Physical fitness usually wanes, with a 5–10 kg (10–20 lb) accumulation of body fat, reduction in aerobic performance and a decrease in maximal heart rate. Strength and flexibility also decrease throughout middle age."
-Wikipedia

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
also your wiener don't work so good.

FluffieDuckie

LappyDore64 posted:

:ohdear:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

LappyDore64 posted:

this is a lie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

bump

cuntman.net

ralp isnt a moderator hes an admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Sleepy Owl posted:

ralp isnt a moderator hes an admin

ralp wants a miata, but nobody will sell one to him

• Locked thread