Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012


Ruhk

Grunts and relaxes a little bit as Moglok comes up with his plan. It is rather obvious He was ready to charge right in and show his glory and honor, but his grudging respect for Moglok's authority holds him back. He takes a deep bracing breath and nods to Moglok and then Alexsei. "We've spent the last few months watching Ogrun and Dwarves fight, I'm sure they'll hold out fine against the wild pig-men."

He Stands next to Alexsei and readies himself for a slower march forward

pre:
Ruhk
Def: 9          Arm: 14(15)    Feat Points: 3
Init: 14        CMD RNG: 5"    CNTRL RNG: 0"
Detection: 5
Physique        Agility        Spirit
 1   2           3   4          5   6
[ ] [ ]   
[ ] [ ]             [ ]        [ ] [ ]  
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]    
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]   

Stat Note: Ruhk's ARM is normally 14. From the front arc his shield raises this to 15. 

Melee: Weapon               MAT      POW      P+S       Special
       Firebrand             6       7        12         Causes Fire continuous effect. Requires STR 5 to use one-handed.
       Shield                5       0        

Ranged: Weapon              RAT      POW      RNG       Special    
       Repeating Pistol      5       10       8/40       2gc for 5 rounds. 15gc for ammo wheels.

Useful Combat Abilities:
Mighty -- Gain an additional die on melee damage rolls. pg 116.
Feat: revitalize -- Can spend 1 feat point during turn to regain a number of vitality points equal to PHY.
                       Must be done during their turn. Incapacitated characters cannot use it. pg 116.
Hyper Perception -- PER rolls are boosted. pg 116.
Astute -- Can reroll failed Detection rolls.  Each failed roll can be rerolled only once as a result of Astute. pg 157.
Specialization (Firebrand) -- No attack penalties using Firebrand. pg 167.
Stone-and-Mortar Stance -- During turn, can forfeit movement to gain +3 ARM and cannot be knocked down. pg 362.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...




Tannis

"So are either of these groups likely to know aught about the disappearances, or be the cause of them?"

Tannis cleans and loads her pistols, getting ready for a scrape.

"Honestly, I'd just as soon go around them, but as long as they're in the way... 10 gold crown on the pigs, they look pretty riled up."


code:
Tannis
Def: 11          Arm: 11    Feat Points: 3
+3 ARM vs Elemental attacks
Init: 13        CMD RNG: 6"    CNTRL RNG: 0"
Detection: 5
Physique        Agility        Intellect
 1   2           3   4          5   6
[ ] [ ]   
[ ] [ ]             [ ]            [ ]  
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]    
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]   


Ranged: Weapon               RAT      RNG      POW       Special
       Hand Cannon             5       12        12         Blessed [Virtuoso]


Melee: Weapon               MAT      POW      P+S       Special
       Short Spear            5       2        7         Reach, Pow 10 mounted, 
                                                         Powerful Charge (+2)

Useful Combat Abilities:
Virtuoso: Pistol, Saddle Shot
Ambush, Bull Rush, Cav Charge
Tough, Revitalize

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


Rhul; Road to Hammerfell

The massacre is like one from a storybook.

Those bandits that dress as though they were once forge guard clump together, using their contact with each other to bolster their own defenses as they march toward the Farrow. The Ogrun, meanwhile, fall back behind a boulder and begin to shoot their heavy cannons toward the warlock. Only one comes close, but to say it was a glancing blow would be a lie. The cannon hits Rorsh full on in the face, but there's the glow of runes around him and bleeding burn marks appear on the face of the light warbeast armed with cannon instead.

Then the Farrow move as if of one mind. The warlock rushes forward, tossing a stick of dynamite into the clump of amassed Dwarves, and the Irregulars can watch from afar as many are injured, though none fall. The mobile artillery unit of the gunboar follows suit, blasting directly into the phalanx, and one of the dwarves collapses. The warlock honks out a reverberating oink of battle and the savage pole-axe wielders rush in, felling the dwarves with one blow after another. Gunshots from the warlock's pig iron carbine lead the way to the Ogrun for his heavy warbeast Brine, who charges into the over-large humanoid and begins tearing them limb from limb, heedless of any cannonades or axe blows coming his way. Eventually, when the last of the Ogrun die, all that's left is the two Rhulic warjacks, and Brine takes great pleasure in literally ripping out their cortexes and then crushing the now-empty cans of their bodies.

It's over in less than a minute. By the end of it, each of the Ghordic Ghouls are not just dead but fully dismembered, and none of the Farrow have fallen. The infantry begin oinking in victory and raising their axes in the air while the warlock moves from corpse to corpse, ripping what looks to be medals or commendations off the chests of each of the forgeguard, and the bandanas of each of the Ogrun. A warning grunt from the gunboar is uttered and the warlock turns his head sharply, popping his goggles back onto his eyes to get a better view of the group. The infantry Farrow grip their weapons and ready to charge again, but the warlock grunts out something in the pigmen language and they hold, ready but momentarily halted. Rorsh steps forward and holds up what from a distance looks like a thin sheet of slate rock. There are markings upon it, but from a distance they are far too small to read. He puffs away on a cigar in his mouth, and while his 'gun hand' is currently holding the slate, he is definitely still armed, holding a stick of explosives with a staggeringly short fuse in the other hand. He shouts out a loud oink to the wagon, the mounted riders, and rest of the Irregulars and then stands shock still.




Alexei owes Tannis 10gc, boyos.

I've made a map. Warjacks are primed and ready. Domm is in front of Moglok, and Gunnulf is in front of Gunnar. Tannis is the top mounted guy, Hedwig is the bottom mounted guy. Rhuk is in Gold, and Alexei is in Red. Slaughterhousers are numbered, Gunboar has a gun, Brine has fists, and Rorsh is in front. Note this map represents a 4x4 table, so you guys are still a good few hundred feet away.

Remember, in IKRPG as a baseline you get 2 Quick Actions, 1 Attack Action and 1 Quick Action, or 1 Full Action. You also get a 'Move Action' but they don't call it that, they just call it a move. You can use actions either before or after your move, but you cannot interrupt your move to use actions. For example, you can move three inches, shoot someone, and then move the other three inches you get. That sort of thing doesn't work. If you're going to be taking combat actions, please list them below your flavor text in italics so I know exactly what you're doing mechanically. For instance: "Bob will attack the gator. He then moves to cover. He reloads his rifle as a Quick Action. Since bob is of the Skilled archetype, he gets an additional attack when he makes an attack, so he uses that now to finish off his Attack Action." Full Actions are almost always skills or abilities, so they don't factor into combat often, but they might if that's what you choose to do.


pre:
Initiative
Rorsh + Brine + Gunboar   26
Ruhk                      25
Hedwig                    21
Tannis                    19
Moglok + Domm             18
Gunnar + Gunnulf          17
Vengeant                  16
Alexei                    15

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Gunnar

Gunnar grunts when he sees the slate. "Looks like he's licensed, or has a writ or somesuch." He doesn't let his guard down just yet. "Perhaps have a word with them? See if they know anything?" He doesn't feel too bad about not helping - the pigmen seemed to know what they were doing plenty well enough.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012


Ruhk

Ruhk looks rather surprised at the speed at which the dwarves are cut down, and the staggering brutality.
"If they have a writ and were on official, er, business, we should pass them by." He looks at the two Dwarves in the party. "I don't suppose anyone can verify what that slate says?"

I'll hold my action until Moglok comes up with some sort of plan, or the Farrow attack

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...




Tannis

Tannis will move to the flank, staying out of threat range but ready to engage if necessary. Guns are not drawn [that's a quick action right?] but are ready.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010


Moglok

The farrow warlock came forward holding his tablet aloft and the little gobber frowned. "Hurmph. Well, we're all mercs. Guess it ain't such a stretch to think Rhul might hire out a different set o' mercs to deal with some bandits." He thought for a moment and then unlimbered his slug gun, the weapon looking more like a rifle than a pistol in the little greenskin's hands. "Alright, I'm going to try and parley. Alexsei, you'll be my second. Just stay a few paces behind me and be ready for trouble. The rest of you, stick to the plan: Team two, move out to the flanks and get ready to support. Ruhk and Vengeant, lag back and stay twenty meters or so behind me. Just be ready for trouble." Moglok nodded to Domm and the 'jack fell in step beside his marshal. The sergeant stepped out in front of his squad, weapon still in hand but holding it with the muzzle pointing in the air. "Alright bloke! Come on out. I'll hear what you go to say!"

So all next week I'll be in the field, which means I won't be able to post again until friday, unfortunately. Anyway, I'm only going to move out to the middle and wait for him to meet me there. If they are legit then we'll move along, but keep our guard up in case they follow us. If they aren't legit then we bust some heads.

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2014 around 04:09

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Alexei

"...Are they us? The pig-men? That's a fairly official-looking slate he's holding, da?" The Khadoran, steam pouring from the boiler on his back, falls in behind Moglok, shield held at ready. It's not so much a matter of being on the defensive- that's where his cannon is, after all.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012




Vengeant

Hrumph, Farrow, Pigmen. He's not entirely certain what god thought that bacon required sentience, but they were decidedly wrong. Perhaps they did it on a drunken bet.

Vengeant quietly shudders for a moment trying to parse the idea of the Devourer wyrm on a drunken bender.

"I'm not sure if they're 'us' per-se, they may have taken that slab from someone else. Who knows what's going on."

pre:
Vengeant
Def: 12         Arm: 12        Feat Points: 3
Init: 13        CMD RNG: 6"    CNTRL RNG: 8"
Detection: 4
Physique        Agility        Spirit
 1   2           3   4          5   6
    [ ]                            [ ]
[ ] [ ]         [ ] [ ]        [ ] [ ]  
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]    
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]   

Stat Note: None. 

Melee: Weapon               MAT      POW      P+S       Special
       Sword                 4        3       7         

Ranged: Weapon              RAT      POW      RNG       Special    
       Hand Cannon           5       12       12/30      3gc for 5 bullets.

Spells:			COST	RNG	AOE	POW	UP	OFF
Arcane Bolt		2	12	-	11	N	Y
Aura of Protection	2	S	C	-	Y	N
	+2 Arm to allies in CTRL
Light in the Darkness	1	S	C	-	Y	N
	See in Darkness to Allies in CTRL

Useful Combat Abilities:
Combat Caster -- Gain one additional die for magic attack rolls. Discard lowest die. pg 115
Great Power -- Can upkeep one spell without gaining fatigue. pg 163
Rune Reader -- Identify all spells cast in LOS. 115
Battle Plan: Shadow -- Spend feat point to give friendlies in Prowl. Characters with Prowl
                              gain Stealth in areas of concealment or cloud effects. pg 158/165

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


Rhul; Road to Hammerfell

There's a stench to these beings in close quarters that even the most refined palate would be confused by. The air itself is suffused by the stench of burnt bacon, wet earth, mold, and musky mammals, a scent that currently filters its way into Alexei and Moglok's nostrils. The gobber has disembarked from the wagon and along with the Rhulic Khadoran approached the group of cleaver-wielding savages. The Farrow infantry wore odd eyegear, a sort of rounded plate with holes drilled into it that might have once been Ordic plate armor for a kneecap. In fact, judging by the shape of it, and Moglok's familiarity, he sees that that is exactly what it is. Scavengers, the lot of them.

Rorsh stands there, thinking himself in a position of power, and holds up the slate for Moglok to read but does not allow either the Gobber or the Human to handle the slate itself. It reads:

pre:
                                  LET IT BE KNOWN

By the order of the Moot of a Hundred Houses, the Stonelords, the Claywives, and the Greath Fathers,
that the bearer of this slate, RORSH FARROWKIN, is hearby permitted within the borders of the land
of RHUL with a hunting party of no more than five of his kind. 

While within the borders of RHUL, RORSH FARROWKIN is hearby granted a permanent bounty hunting license
good for the capture, alive or dead, of the following groups of RHULIC bandits. Many of these groups
have identification emblazoned upon their person spouting their membership, the return of which is 
an acceptable substitute of a body. For each criminal returned alive, RORSH FARROWKIN shall be awarded
an amount of no less-than 100 AURIC MOUNTAINS. For each criminal returned dead, or identification of
such, RORSH FARROWKIN shall be awarded an amount of no less-than 50 AURIC MOUNTAINS.

                                        Moraklammin
                                       Ghordic Ghouls
                                     Armsdeep Scrabbers
                                       They Who Haunt
                                         The Ulgone
                                        The Hollow
                                      Skybridge Trolls
                                  Masons of the Foundation

As maximum of ONE non-member of the bandit guilds included above killed by RORSH FARROWKIN or his allies
will be forgiven provided he has before that point claimed bounties on at least EIGHTEEN bandit guild
members and captures a further TWENTY-TWO members afterwards, otherwise his life and the life of his 
allies is considered FORFEIT by the Moot of a Hundred Houses.
The slate ends with a series of personal, clan, and political runes that indicate that this is, in fact, a legitimate slate direct from the capital. Moglok nods once and walks back to the group. "Looks legal, mostly. He's hired to hunt bandits for bounties," he says, something Rhulica tend to frown upon since they depend so heavily on law and trials that just murdering someone before their day in court is considered taboo. Best to hire a bounty hunter for that. "Problem is, his slate says he's only allowed to have five helpers. He's got eight." He takes a look at the group and says, "Opinions?"


I took the liberty of saying a for Moglok, and will be 'playing' him until he gets back, which is to say I'll be asking everyone else for their input.

Swags fucked around with this message at Nov 23, 2014 around 08:14

InViolentAgreement
Sep 26, 2014


Hedwig gave a small, nervous chuckle when the gob explained that they were bounty hunters. Something about large pigmen hunting down criminals made him laugh as well as cringe. Had he not been caught, it could have been him on the business end of that pigpen.

"I think they might just have some trouble reading. They don't look like they have had a whole lot of time spent on cracking open books. In any case, it doesn't matter how many they have and how many that writ allows them to have. We have our own mission and fighting a mostly legal band of bounty hunters isn't part of it. I say we leave them to their business and move on."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Gunnar

Gunnar look at Hedwig with a furious scowl "There is no such thing as 'mostly legal,'" he hisses. "We should notify him he is in breach of contract, and that if he does not remedy it immediately he will likely be subjected to monetary penalties." He looks back at the massive pigman. "We will pass along the breach of contract to the appropriate authorities, at the very least."

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Alexsei

Having followed Moglok back, Alexsei notes, "I am not being sure he can count that well. The real question is, if we call him on it, has he killed enough actual criminals that engaging us would have no consequences. It might be best to smile, say 'keep up good work', and then file report with the proper authorities later."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Gunnar

"The slate clearly states a maximum of one, so at most he could kill one of us, and even then he would then have to apprehend more, alive, after the fact. A task he would no-doubt find troublesome. One does not come into Rhul and break its laws, especially not a contract." He looks at the rest of the assembled ne'er-do-wells, a fire in his eyes, "I think it would be best if all of you learned that before you earned full citizenship." He gives a small harumph, "Plus, if he is as experienced a mercenary as he looks, he will understand that you don't bite the hand that pays you and oblige."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012




Vengeant

Vengeant sighs as the rest of the group discusses the legality of what is going on.

"I leave it to the dwarf and Gobber to decide if these... things deserve to live or die. On the one hand they are apparently allowed to be here and have a job to do. On the other they are utterly disgusting. They smell worse than the Ogrun barracks after Chili night."

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012


Ruhk

sheaths his sword and crosses his arms. "I agree with Alexsei here. While you all know how much I respect and wish to uphold the law, we don't have the authority to enforce it. Our mission is to investigate Drotuhn, we can alert any authorities about him," He points his thumb over his shoulder to point at the farrow holding the slate,"when we get to Hammerfell."

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


Rhul; Road to Hammerfell

"Good enough for me," Moglok says. He turns away from the group and heads back over the to Farrow, telling the porcine humanoids that, "You look legal, but you've got too many in your group. Slate says six." Rorsh nods, perhaps a bit too eagerly, and snorts out something in the honking tongue of the pigmen, and three of the pole-axe wielders laugh a bit and begin to meander west, into the woods alongside the road. Rorsh gives the gobber a half-hearted salute, mouths his cigar over to the other side of his mouth, and calls for his boys to follow along. They pass the Irregulars without incident. The warjacks are craned back up and put into idle, and the group sets off.

The group walks on for another day at least, with Ruhk finally being the smart one that brings up the idea that though the runes on the roads may keep them from feeling fatigue, they should still occasionally stop to rest and eat and drink. Gunnar's heard tales of dwarves walking for days on the roads, only to arrive at their destination and finally croak. Knowing the reason why such things might happen doesn't do much to alleviate the thoughts that it might.

Farther ahead on the road, cresting above the tops of the trees that line the causeway, is a sturdy Rhulcraft column with a weathered flag atop it. Thirteen mountains dot the flag, but each of these mountains are almost entirely overtaken by the massive cavern entrances they hold. This is the flag of the Claywives, of respite and succor. It signifies that ahead the Irregulars can look forward to things like a hot meal they haven't cooked themselves, a relatively clean bed, and someone to brush down their mounts and beasts of burden so they don't have to.


Encounter avoided, because I went with the majority vote. You guys let Rorsh and Brine and the gang go, and keep marching on. Ahead is a 'Claywife travel lodge.' Or an inn with a temple in part of it. Either one.

Swags fucked around with this message at Nov 23, 2014 around 08:14

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...




What kind of temple? or do we know.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


A Claywife temple! So Rhul's religion is centered around 13 dwarven gods who started the race. There's another sect that worships the wives of those gods equally. So you have the Great Fathers, and the Claywives. They tend to be sort of 'hearth and home and law and order and family and friends' kind of gods. More and more dwarves, male and female, are taking up the worship of the Cult of the Claywives not as an addendum to the Great Fathers, but as an equal set of gods.

So a 'Claywife Travel Lodge' is kind of like a big roadside inn that'll have a side room dedicated to worship.


For some reason I keep interchanging 'Clay' with 'Cave' and 'Wife' with 'Mother.' That's my fault. I was playing a character in a game a few weeks ago who could bind a vestige called the Cavemother, and it must be on the brain.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010


Moglok

Despite the dwarven road runes and their special boots the little gobber was run ragged. That, and from the looks on the faces of his squad he could tell that they were as well. Right on time though an inn appeared on the side of the road and Moglok called for a hault. "Alright mercs, good marching. You've all shown some grit, but lets not push it. We'll stop off her tonight, sleep in a real bed, and eat some less questionable meat than those trail rations. Alexsei, you and your team stow the gear. Gunnar, you and your team get the beasts into the stables. I'll head inside and get our rooms and the first round of food and drinks going."

I'm back!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Aleksei


Aleksei salutes Moglok, and comments, "Here is hoping they have pump and hose. After days in steam armor, ordinary cleaning may not suffice." Still, he claps Rhuk on the armored shoulder. "Come. Heavy lifting left to us as is perhaps proper."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Gunnar

Gunnar replies with a surly grunt and gets to work. He doesn't have much of a way with animals, but these ones are trained well enough it shouldn't be an issue. And the faster he finishes, the more quickly he can get to some real Rhulic hospitality.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012




Vengeant

The elf wouldn't say it, but he did miss the good old days when he lived with his friends at school. With a nice warm bed and 3 square meals, and no wars or wayward factions of a dying god's cult trying to obliterate people for the audacity of being born without pointy ears.

But he was a dwarf now, sort of, or trying to be... a certain level of.. surlyness... and fortitude were not just expected but required. He does his best to not let his fatigue show but when Moglok states that they are going to rest he silently nods in assent.

Or sleepyness.

One or both of those things.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...




Tannis
Once Willow is rubbed down and fed, Tannis will join the group in the inn.

Where there's an inn, there's a bar, information. A pint of ale to a soldier is a far better bribe than a gold ducat to a politician. Trolls' reputation for drinking is rivaled only by the the Rhulfolk, and it would be no surprise if they wanted to drink alongside one.

In an attempt to get more information about missing persons, Tannis will boldly go to drink with the short ones, but keeping herself a drink or so sober enough to keep a keen ear. Any passing information about the Farrow, the Highwaymen, or local gossip will definitely be noted for later.[Physique]

In the morning, she will go to the temple visit a goddess that is not her own. As a visitor in the Cave Mother's land, respect should be paid. That conversation will surely be much easier and more comfortable, but Tannis is both sides of the coin. In the morning after visiting the temple, she will reconvene with the group and share what has been learned.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


Rhul; Road to Hammerfell; Olvark Claywife Travel Lodge

The Irregulars wander off the main road and down the path through the trees that will bring them to the Travel Lodge. Fifty meters in, it becomes clear that something is wrong, though not necessarily what. The entire forest is silent, and splotches of mucky brown mar the otherwise tan-bricked road. Scattered glints of metal -- a wagon wheel here, a pauldron there, over there a bent knife -- can be seen, just faintly catching the glint of the sunlight that manages to come through the canopy.

Ahead, as the party rounds the bend, the outline of the Lodge can be seen. The structure is squat as befitting Dwarfish buildings before the rise of their alliance with the Ogrun. There are three peaked roofs, with one much higher than the other, from which sprouts the massive flag structure the party could see from the road. A low stone wall of Dwarf-height has been reinforced and made higher with spiked barriers made from felled trees. Some of these are stained with brown towards the tips, and at least a few are broken off. Matroneers -- those being female Rhulic clergy wearing armor and wielding weapons emblazed with Claywife ideology -- line the wall in three pairs of two, along with an Ogrun of staggering proportions wielding what looks to be farming implements.

As the get closer, a call to hurry is shouted from the Matroneer manning the 'gate,' which is apparently a pair of wagons upended and pressed against the main entrance of the Lodge. She calls 'Clodger' to open the gate and the Ogrun steps down from his perch near the wall and, by himself, pushes one of the wagons out of the way. Moglok snaps the reins and heads the group inside, after which Clodger shuts the gate again. Once he retakes his spot on the wall, the Matroneer in charge hops down from her perch near the gate and greets the group.

"By Wife and Father, you've saved us. Irregulars! Here!" She's old, old even by Dwarfen elder standards, but she carries herself with a corded strength and is wearing no less of the fine dwarf-plate than any of her sisters. She extends a hand to Gunnar, clearly he's the one in charge, and slams her gauntlet into his. "We've been stuck here weeks now. Sent help, but don't know what's gotten through. You're the first new travelers we've seen in weeks. Come, come! Let's inside and we'll see to your bellies and speak." She explains nothing outside and quickly trots within.

Now inside the wall, the group can make out the purpose of the three buildings. The shortest and smallest is a chapel, if one judges by the runes marking the door. Connected to it on the right and holding up the flag tower is a massive inn of at least two stories, and next to that is the tradesman's building, which would house the forge, the stables, and the kitchen. The wall surrounding the Lodge takes on sort of a rounded rectangle in shape, and anyone on the wall can see out of the Lodge, and across to everyone else on the wall unless the other person is directly across the inn from them (as it is too tall).

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010


Moglok, Chopped Liver

The squad rolls into the besieged inn and is immediately greeted by the head Matroneer...with a speedy faux pas. As the Matron exchanges greetings with Gunnar the little Gobber looks back at the rest of his squad with an amused quirk of his brow. "Go ahead and get the gear and beasts down and settled. I have a feeling we're gonna be here fer a bit." The little Gobber could have just followed along behind the Matron and ignored the assumption that a Dwarf was in charge, but this group was still hot from the cast and he didn't need his authority questioned, even by mistake. "Gunnar!" Moglok caught up to the warcaster and tapped his knuckle lightly against the Dwarf's chest. "Thanks for making first meets, but I'll take it from here. Make sure your team gets enough food and water in them and that the gear is prepped and ready." The Gobber turned on the head Matron and gave a toothy leer that might have been a smile. "Sergeant Moglok. I'm in command of this squad o' Irregulars. What's goin' on here?"

InViolentAgreement
Sep 26, 2014


Hedwig

Hedwig couldn't stop himself from letting out a chortle when the matroneer shook Gunnar's hand only to watch him be commanded away by Moglok. The look on her face was priceless. Hedwig quickly headed towards the stables, his face turned away from the matroneer so as not to have it melted off by her red-faced death stare.

Once at the stables he spoke up, trying to lighten the mood a bit. Showing up to a roadside rest stop only to find it strewn with a few armor pieces, weapons and a wagon wheel didn't bode well for getting any real rest.

"Well now, this is a type of place I didn't think I would ever sleep in again. I wonder if this one has any windows. Last one I slept in had these windows that only a child or a gobber could fit through. My brother and I were bored so we would grab a few extra bedsheets and climb into the little alcove that would hold the window and pretend to be a ghost. Scared the piss out of some merchant from Cygnar, came running out of his room white as the bedclothes he was wearing. Of course we got caught and after a few welts from our mother we went and apologized to the old coot. He said something about some jolly fat man not giving us anything but coal during the winter. It was a weird threat, we always had coal in the winter."

Swags
Dec 9, 2006


Gonna be honest with everyone here, I've lost interest in this game. I wish I had a better excuse, but the honest truth is I just don't want to do it. So thanks to everyone for playing as long as they did, but I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...




R.I.P. in peace.

  • Locked thread
«2 »