Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar scowls. Or is scowling. Perhaps he has never ceased scowling since he was sentenced. They put the Gobber in charge. It would be less of a problem if Moglok understood the Rhulic ways, but he had just dipped his toes into their world. He had not been raised in it, tempered by it. Yet he is their leader. It had been said, it will be.

Even so, if they insist on running this like a democracy, Gunnar would have his input. "I would prefer to head to Drotuhn. Good and proven Rhulfolk are disappearing. That said, I can see I am in the minority," he speaks clearly, but not loudly. "If we are not headed there, I should think we are more equipped to deal with the Nyss." He looks pointedly at those around him, "This group seems ill-fitted to intrigue, and there is nary a law scholar among us. I fail to see how useful we would be rooting out corruption."

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar gives a curt nod and an "Aye, sir" to Huffer. He is somewhat familiar with the runes, if not precisely how they function. Magic theory has never been his strong suit. It comes more naturally - something he sees and feels, within and without. He then looks to the elf, his scowl becoming slightly less severe, "It's not something widely known outside of Rhul, but good to have. Having a mobile army helps us stay neutral, and we've not all strides as long as yours." There is some small measure of pride in his tone, even though he had naught to do with their creation.

He is glad to finally be getting to the real work of this. It will not be easy work, but little worth doing is.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar walks alongside the wagon, very little evidence of the carousing the previous night apparent in his stride. He had partied, and when he parties he tends to party hard. But as a dwarf he takes pride in his ability to recuperate from such indulgences. He tries not to find amusement in some of the others' discomfort and fails.

Even without slight feelings of superiority, it is a welcome change to be out an about after all of that training - much of it redundant. He looks forward to the good, honest work nearly as much as the end goal of being reintegrated into his clan.

Sheet's still the same, I'll post a thing when I spend XPz.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

"Aye. They might see the smoke from Gunnulf here, but they may be too preoccupied to do much in the way of preparing." It was a reasonable plan, a smart decision from the little gobber. He would likely have called for the same. He issues a mental command to his 'jack to get it out of idle and into a combat burn and begins moving out, the relatively small 'jack moving to catch up.

Getting ready for pincer. Trying to stay out of sight, topping off Gunnulf's fuel before going if I need to, I suspect it'll take a bit for the two groups to finish.No sneak skill, agi 4. Hilariously, the 'jack is sneakier than I am.
pre:
Gunnar
Def: 11         Arm: 13        Feat Points: 3
Init: 12        CMD RNG: 4"    CNTRL RNG: 8"
Detection: 5
Physique        Agility        Spirit
 1   2           3   4          5   6
[ ] [ ]   
[ ] [ ]             [ ]        [ ] [ ]  
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]    
  [ ]             [ ]            [ ]   

Stat Note: None.

Melee: Weapon               MAT      POW      P+S       Special
       ???                   ?       ?        ??         ??

Ranged: Weapon              RAT      POW      RNG       Special    
       ???                   ?       ??       ??         ??

Spells:			COST	RNG	AOE	POW	UP	OFF
Fire Starter             1       8       --      --      N       *
   If this spell targets an enemy, on hit the enemy suffers the Fire continuous effect.
Howling Flames           2       SP8     --      10      N       Y
   Causes fire damage. On Critical hit, the enemy suffers the Fire continuous effect.
Wall of Fire             2       CTRL    WALL    --      Y       N 
   Place a Wall template anywhere it does not touch a character's base, obstruction, or obstacle.
   When entering or ending activation in Wall, character suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll
   and the Fire continuous effect.
Battering Ram            2       6       --      12      N       Y
   A character hit can be pushed 3" directly away.
Molten Metal             2       10      --      --      N       Y
   Target Warjack suffers 1 point of Fire damage to each column on its damage grid.

Useful Combat Abilities:
Combat Caster -- Gain one additional die for magic attack rolls. Discard lowest die. pg 115
Load Bearing -- Character reduces penalties to SPD and DEF from armor by 1. pg 164
Immunity: Fire -- Character is immune to Fire damage and Fire continuous effect. pg 164
Rhulic Warcaster -- Can bond to Rhulic warjacks. NQ 49, pg 64
Bond -- Bonded with warjack, Gunnulf.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar grunts when he sees the slate. "Looks like he's licensed, or has a writ or somesuch." He doesn't let his guard down just yet. "Perhaps have a word with them? See if they know anything?" He doesn't feel too bad about not helping - the pigmen seemed to know what they were doing plenty well enough.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar look at Hedwig with a furious scowl "There is no such thing as 'mostly legal,'" he hisses. "We should notify him he is in breach of contract, and that if he does not remedy it immediately he will likely be subjected to monetary penalties." He looks back at the massive pigman. "We will pass along the breach of contract to the appropriate authorities, at the very least."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

"The slate clearly states a maximum of one, so at most he could kill one of us, and even then he would then have to apprehend more, alive, after the fact. A task he would no-doubt find troublesome. One does not come into Rhul and break its laws, especially not a contract." He looks at the rest of the assembled ne'er-do-wells, a fire in his eyes, "I think it would be best if all of you learned that before you earned full citizenship." He gives a small harumph, "Plus, if he is as experienced a mercenary as he looks, he will understand that you don't bite the hand that pays you and oblige."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Gunnar

Gunnar replies with a surly grunt and gets to work. He doesn't have much of a way with animals, but these ones are trained well enough it shouldn't be an issue. And the faster he finishes, the more quickly he can get to some real Rhulic hospitality.

• Locked thread