Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:yoshi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I preform a mental analysis of the fight, identify what I could improve upon, and return to the fray a little wiser.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I grab the sides of the television and shake it while whining, op

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I once twisted the handles of a dual shock in opposite directions until the whole thing came apart. I mean I'm kind of strong but I'm not hulk those things arent built worth a gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

thuly posted:

I grab the sides of the television and shake it while whining, op

you're one interesting gamer, thuly.

Silver Striker posted:

I preform a mental analysis of the fight, identify what I could improve upon, and return to the fray a little wiser.

learning from defeat...I'll have to try this more often.

Dead.juice
Dec 14, 2011

Sexier than assless chaps
I tell the boss "Oh man! You really got me that time! That was really good! You're good at this!"
Then I glare at him and grit my teeth until one of them cracks off, then I spit the chunks at the TV and growl, "You're loving dead, bro."
Then I win.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i meditate to level up

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I just turn the game off, killing the boss immediately.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Win or lose, I flip off my tv like an idiot and say gently caress you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I congratulate the boss on a job well done.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sometimes i go grab someones dog and take it home with me so i hav a true blue companion to try the boss again

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i get impatient trying to get to the boss again and die to some simple thing i would have sailed past ordinarily.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I clench all the muscles in my jaw and neck until I rage vomit.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sometimes i go grab someones dog and take it home with me so i hav a true blue companion to try the boss again

Hey ... it's THAT DOG!

Soral
May 30, 2009

can i post my reaction to almost catching a very rare fish in animal crossing but then letting it get away or is that too dissimilar to boss fighting

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i get upset at the game developers and send them a sternly written letter for their unfair unprogramming

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Soral posted:

can i post my reaction to almost catching a very rare fish in animal crossing but then letting it get away or is that too dissimilar to boss fighting

in animal crossing, a rare fish is pretty much the closest thing to a boss there is

you have my approval, gamer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

Please do, this should apply to all facets of Tense Gaming.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

this thread was a good read, i have a lot of ideas now about what i can do if i ever lose to a boss

never really thought about it before

Soral
May 30, 2009

ok when i'm playing animal crossing and i see a very rare fish i am usually so tense that i tap the button too soon and it gets away... and i say "dang!!" out loud but secretly i am seething/furious on the inside

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
im a crotch grabber op.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

ok when i'm playing animal crossing and i see a very rare fish i am usually so tense that i tap the button too soon and it gets away... and i say "dang!!" out loud but secretly i am seething/furious on the inside

don't bottle up your emotions. gently caress that fish.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Soral posted:

yo don't be mad when playin AC

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have seen one too many a coelacanth get away

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soral posted:

i have seen one too many a coelacanth get away

they were sunfish

all of them

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Random vulgar curse words.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This happened to me on the legendary ship fights of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and I would get super mad and say things like, "This boat is loving bullshit!" and "gently caress this stupid loving iron boat" or "How the gently caress does a big loving ship that weighs the weight of half a forest loving go faster than hermes' flying taint" and my throat would get hoarse but by twisting the cap off of a nice ice-cold and refreshing Mountain Dew I would soothe my temper and eventually summon the gaming skills to destroy those big ships.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i've been playing bayonetta a lot recently, so i know that feel op

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
greed is the mindplayerkiller

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I do that thing in anime where I hang my head in shame and grimace, and the top of my face goes all dark so you can't see my eyes and so does whatever's behind me (usually my old Nintendo Power posters).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i've been playing bayonetta a lot recently, so i know that feel op

same but so far it's only really happened in tag climax for me. starting infinite soon, though...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I groan loudly.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buck Turgidson posted:

One time in Metroid Prime 3 my eyes started watering during a boss fight because I hadn't blinked since the start of the fight!

Boost ball guardian on hypermode difficulty was the closest I've come to a mental break

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I get pretty excited OP and only if it's a particularly frustrating/long/bullshit fight do I get angry, otherwise it's a good feeling.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

i get really mad because theres usualy some stupid unskippable custcene or something else that drags out the fight

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I become so exasperated at the fact that the boss would have caved with one more hit that the next 6 or 7 subsequent attempts I don't even get close, and then the next day I come back and destroy the boss with little effort because flustered gaming is a severe handicap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Boost ball guardian on hypermode difficulty was the closest I've come to a mental break

Dark Samus on Phaaze is loving hard on hypermode. Now that was an intense fight.

• Locked thread