Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Flaggy posted:

Hey Dr Hurt. I know you just Pm'd me but your mailbox is full and I can't reply!

Hey I just cleared some messages! So you should be able to send to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Santee, finally got everything prepped and sent out today, should be there this week if all goes well.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
So my second part of my gift arrived. I finally feel like I have arrived at BSSSS. After years of participation this is the first time I got this gem.

One question though. Just how many of these are circulating right now?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

So my second part of my gift arrived. I finally feel like I have arrived at BSSSS. After years of participation this is the first time I got this gem.

They are like Hydra. For each one given two more will take its place.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Dear Flaggy,

I got your gift. Sorry for not responding in this thread, I wanted to wait until I had time to take proper pictures. Pictures come tomorrow.

bobkatt013 posted:

They are like Hydra. For each one given two more will take its place.
#hailhydra

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Madkal posted:

When I first checked on amazon there wer quite a few in stock. When I went there to buy one for my santee, they were all gone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

YOU get an Onslaught! And YOU get an Onslaught! EVERYONE gets an Onslaught!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Madkal posted:

I wa going to add another one to the mix but I couldn't find any local copies, so I added something I felt was equally awful. Hopefully my Santee will agree!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Benny the Snake posted:

Dear Flaggy,

I got your gift. Sorry for not responding in this thread, I wanted to wait until I had time to take proper pictures. Pictures come tomorrow.
#hailhydra

Whew. I was kinda worried. I hope you like it!

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Santee, your gifts are probably going to be late. Apologies for that! They also may not be wrapped, so if you get some packages addressed to you from place you don't remember ordering from, they'll be from me.

And I'll be sending something smaller and more personal than online store bought stuff by the end of the week.

EDITing to add that it looks like karma paid out! Got my Santa's gift not five minutes after coming home! Thank you Santa!

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 17, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear Santees,

I fully intend to have both of your packages out Friday since I'm 90% sure I have everything I want to put in them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dear Santee,

I shall sent out your gift this Monday.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 19, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My second gift came today from a far away coast! Included was a fine assortment of comics starting with G and also Deathlok. Thankfully I had a nice letter from the Mad Hatter to explain everything.

Thanks Santa!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

My second gift came today from a far away coast! Included was a fine assortment of comics starting with G and also Deathlok. Thankfully I had a nice letter from the Mad Hatter to explain everything.

Thanks Santa!

Glad it arrived so quickly, hopefully you've not read any of it. Even if you haven't, I'd warn against reading God is Dead.

No seriously, just don't. I felt worse sending that than I did Onslaught Reborn.

That I'd gathered four books starting with G didn't even occur to me until I was wrapping them. Brains are weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've read God is Dead, actually, and while that initial arc isn't too bad, it briefly gets better then goes waaaaay the hell down afterward. I think I stuck with it until issue 16 or so and I feel like a dummy for doing so.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Well I got a box and in it had some gifts.

First up

Never heard of it and it looks like a fun read!

Second thing

I love movies and this looks like its a good one.

Speaking of war crimes !

Thanks for the book, movie, and poo poo!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 20, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You mentioned you liked noir movies in your bit, Bobkatt, and Decision Before Dawn is a super good war noir that most people haven't seen. You also mentioned liking both light-hearted books and horror books, and SuperFuckers is all about the light hearted horror of super powered teenagers left to themselves.

Onslaught needs no justification.

Speaking of, I just received the surprise second part of my Secret Santa gift! The first part was some fun looking all ages comics my nephew immediately confiscated from me for quality assurance and a super super nice oversized edition of Frankenstein with excellent Bernie Wrightson illustrations. And then last night I got another shipping envelope. Inside that envelope was Copra. Holy poo poo how have I not heard of Copra. Everybody read Copra. It's gritty and amazing and PRETTY. I spent a full minute staring at a panel with just a pelican in it.

There may be a third box on the way, so I will wait for that to arrive and for quality to report back to upload pictures.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
I am shipping these out today!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
To my Santee,

I sent out a gift to you about 2 weeks ago but have no idea if you got it or not, so if you live in Edmonton and received a gift recently can you please say so.

Thanks

Your Santa.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

My first BSS:SS present is here!

OK Santa, I'll do that.

Oh boy.

I wonder what's in the box...

Nice!

Oh no, I know those eyes...

Oh no, I know these eyes too...

Argh... wait a minute. It's actually a box!

Oh OK, thanks Santa.

Nice!

No questions about your bookmark cards.

Fake box #2.

Thanks Santa.

I'll be reading these in the toilet library.

This is the bobblehead I got. Apparently Deadpool is the super rare one.

Thank you Santa Volfogg for these awesome gifts!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My gift arrived yesterday and it is wicked awesome. I dont have a camera with me but here are some screenshots.

Resistance Game, I have been wanting this forever.

This as well, its going to sit on the coffee table for life.

Thanks santa, awesome gifts!

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

Flaggy posted:

My gift arrived yesterday and it is wicked awesome. I dont have a camera with me but here are some screenshots.

Resistance Game, I have been wanting this forever.

This as well, its going to sit on the coffee table for life.

Thanks santa, awesome gifts!

Merry Christmas, I took the shortcut and just used your Amazon Wishlist. Here I was going to buy that knife set and the new RAM you wanted.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

MeaningOfLife posted:

My first BSS:SS present is here!

Thank you Santa Volfogg for these awesome gifts!

Glad you like the gifts. Enjoy your new Bathroom Books. My main idea was since you said you enjoy most things, I'd give things that I'd enjoy to pass it on and such.

So, I decided on Mega Man and Atomic Robo. But then I felt that wasn't enough. So then I added my Runaways Hardcovers to round out the books.

The cards are actually for a card game I play, Universal Fighting System. Feel free to look into the game if you're curious. Otherwise, enjoy the bookmarks. :v:

Still waiting on my Santa's gift, but I'm cool with waiting. I'm patient.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MeaningOfLife posted:

Merry Christmas, I took the shortcut and just used your Amazon Wishlist. Here I was going to buy that knife set and the new RAM you wanted.

It was awesome. My wife rolled her eyes when I got excited about the book! Thanks again.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

Flaggy posted:

It was awesome. My wife rolled her eyes when I got excited about the book! Thanks again.

Dude, it looks like an awesome book. I took a look at the preview pages on Amazon and I decided to put it on MY wish list. Let your better half roll her eyes, she will never understand the technical comic geeky-ness inside each of us.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MeaningOfLife posted:

I am shipping these out today!

I'm the one that got the weird stick figure!! And boy what an amazing haul! Apologies for the beyond awful phone pictures.

Two collections of a webcomic called Gastrophobia that I've heard of but never really read, the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo, and The Other Side, which is a Vertigo series about Vietnam that I'd never heard of!

Four texas beers! The only brewery up there that I've heard of is Shiner, but I've never actually had their winter beer. Also something called the Flying Castle and other tales and a sketchbook of Shane Davis. And finally

Bachelor Pad magazine. Something definitely not a stocking stuffer for the kids.

Thank you so much Meaning of Life! You really didn't have to get me things, but this is an excellent assortment that I look forward to reading and probably drinking with the family tonight!

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm the one that got the weird stick figure!! And boy what an amazing haul! Apologies for the beyond awful phone pictures.

Thank you so much Meaning of Life! You really didn't have to get me things, but this is an excellent assortment that I look forward to reading and probably drinking with the family tonight!

Merry Christmas and thank you for running this year's BSS:SS. I know that you won't be getting a gift like the years before that's why you get this package from me. You said you liked history so those books are somewhat historically fun. You said you like craft beers and I know these Texas beers are not available in your area. I've met Shane Davis a few times at cons and I know the creator of Robbie and Bobby (The Flying Castle book) so I thought I share these with you. Lastly, given how much I stalked you with your manly siblings and awesome fun looking parents, I thought they would get a kick out of that Bachelor Pad Magazine ;).

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

My 2nd BSS:SS present is here!

WOW, a giant collection of various comic books, most of them are WHAT IF... and I used to love reading WHAT IF... when I was a wee lad.

In the envelope labeled '42' (true meaning of life), it came with an instruction on how to read the comics!

Thank you Endless Mike, I have the first run collection of Sex Criminals and I have met Chip Zdarsky before, you can see I have a sample of the signed copies of his book here below. But I will be reading all the WHAT IF... as I love that when I was young.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

After holding off for the better part of a month (because my family doesn't really do gifts so I make the ones I get count), I finally got to tear into my BSSSS gift:

A handwritten card, and a couple of Fraction trades! I'd read the first few issues of Hawkeye and was always sad I dropped it, and I've wanted to get into Sex Criminals since forever, thanks a ton Santa Benny!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey SomeJazzyRat. Have you received any packages lately?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It would be really nice if my second Santee posted that he got his stuff. It was supposedly delivered on the 22nd.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I wonder if it's supposed to be me, because as of today, Dec. 30th, I have yet to recieve a second package :shrug:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Endless Mike posted:

It would be really nice if my second Santee posted that he got his stuff. It was supposedly delivered on the 22nd.

Sorry! I couldn't respond until I sorted through all the floppies you used as packing peanuts. On the other hand there were hidden gems in there, so thanks for the bonus to the other awesome books you sent.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I've been a terrible santa this year due to a lovely December. I have a package ready but haven't mailed it out yet but I'm hoping to do that today. So if you're missing a package, hopefully it's me and you'll get it early next week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

Sorry! I couldn't respond until I sorted through all the floppies you used as packing peanuts. On the other hand there were hidden gems in there, so thanks for the bonus to the other awesome books you sent.

Cool! I was just worried it got lost!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Hey goon santee that lives in japan, did you get your package? It said it would arrive on december 22 :(

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Vincent posted:

Hey goon santee that lives in japan, did you get your package? It said it would arrive on december 22 :(

I did! It arrived earlier than the 22nd too! Thank you!

I've been busy so I haven't had time to post photos, but I will soon.

Uber Kosh posted:

Got my Santa's gift not five minutes after coming home! Thank you Santa!

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I got my Santa's shipment the other day and it came with some nice books, including one that I am now looking forward to reading once I get around to it. Pictures to come eventually. But regardless, I'm quite happy with what I got. Time to start planning for next year!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Uber Kosh posted:

I did! It arrived earlier than the 22nd too! Thank you!

I've been busy so I haven't had time to post photos, but I will soon.

Oh, I forgot your username, but I'm glad you liked the things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Received two packages from my Santa, with a third stuck at a sorting centre for Customs charges. So far I have a redbubble Hawkguy mug and stickers of some quotes from the series. They rule! :allears: Pictures to come when I have everything!

• Locked thread