Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Volfogg posted:

I got my Santa's shipment the other day and it came with some nice books, including one that I am now looking forward to reading once I get around to it. Pictures to come eventually. But regardless, I'm quite happy with what I got. Time to start planning for next year!
Glad you're happy with what I sent. I'm curious which book you're particularly looking forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

MeaningOfLife posted:

My first BSS:SS present is here!

Thank you Santa Volfogg for these awesome gifts!

Those fakeout covers were a good gag.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you live in the midwest/great lakes region and haven't received a package yet, chances are I just sent it out. It's 13 pounds so I hope you enjoy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Did anyone get a box from Somerville yet?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

edit: wrong thread.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 7, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Did anyone get a box from Somerville yet?

Hey! That was me! Great books, been going through them for a week while I was sick. Thanks!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

RevKrule posted:

Hey! That was me! Great books, been going through them for a week while I was sick. Thanks!

It's a Bird and Return of Barry Allan are two personal favorites.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I got a package today! From Norway!!
Let's see here...

Some very nice wraping paper...let's open the first one here

Fiskeboller! After some googling I found out that no, Norwegians do not sell Kingpin's testicles in cans, but they do eat this fish-meat balls! It looks like a lot for me alone so I'm gonna open them either tonight or saturday with some friends. Recipes on the net say that they are best with potatoes and carrots, so that's what well do then.

On to the second one...

Oh wow!! It's Milou (Snowy for anglo-speakers I think) on his throne from Tintin in Congo!! RAD!.
It comes with a little diorama even

Next one...

Nice! I haven't read this one and I love the Hernandezes (I kinda-not-really-kinda-more-like-explicitly said this in the secret santa form so thanks for indulging in my shameless request).

And last but not least

I had some trouble figuring out what this was, but I think it is some sort of fish paté or paste and people say it's delicious!

Thank you Norwegian Santa! Sadly I don't know your goon name (I have your first name, but I think you want that to be private) but these gifts were amazing! I

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Your welcome Vincent. Sending international packages isn't something that I do often so I was kinda worried that it wouldn't make it, glad that it did. Tip about the fish balls: They taste really good with a bechamel sauce. Svolværpostei is indeed delicious and is made out of roe.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Your welcome Vincent. Sending international packages isn't something that I do often so I was kinda worried that it wouldn't make it, glad that it did. Tip about the fish balls: They taste really good with a bechamel sauce. Svolværpostei is indeed delicious and is made out of roe.

Thanks for the tip and thanks again for the gifts!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
My gift arrived this morning! I'll add in some pictures later today. Also I didn't see a note so I don't know who to thank!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Senor Candle posted:

My gift arrived this morning! I'll add in some pictures later today. Also I didn't see a note so I don't know who to thank!

If it's from Denver, it's mine. I ran tight on time to add a note this year :(

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RevKrule posted:

If it's from Denver, it's mine. I ran tight on time to add a note this year :(
No problem! You sent plenty as it is.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I'm still kind of wondering if my Santee received his gift. Hey SomeJazzyRat, did you get anything in the mail in the past....let's say month.

Also spoiler: I'm your santa. Oops I guess.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Just starting off opening the box I can see something is very wrong.

Uh-oh

We'll get to that later though. There are a whole bunch of single issues in here, many of them FCBD books which I didn't snap a picture of this morning.

~6 issues each of these four. I've been wanting to read some LoSH stuff and I hope this is a good starting point!

I don't know much about pre-Johns GL but with covers like these it can't possibly be bad right!?

Also included are a good number of trades

Something I've very excited to get, FF#23. Even though this is probably my favorite single issue I've never actually gotten my hands on a copy before! It's a very nice surprise and really softens the blow for...

I'm going to do my very best to read everything you sent me. In fact, as soon as I'm done making this post I'm going to read Onslaught so I know exactly what I am inflicting on someone next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

A lot of this was recycled from last year's BSSSS. I read most of it over the past year and thought it wasn't right to keep it when some of it is so awesome.

One of the reasons the package was later than usual is I figured FF 23 would be easy to find in stores. This was not as I had hoped. I had to wait until my monthly trip to my local comic store's warehouse store and even then all they had was the variant cover.

I had to include the two best things I got from last year's BSSSS though, Onslaught Reborn and the number one selling comic of all time....X-Men 1!!!!!

Like I said before, the package was 13 pounds. I'm very happy you enjoy.

• Locked thread