Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i rolled an 18/00 in baldurs gate 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Michael Jackson posted:

i killed Mom in BoI in a challenge run without getting hit and i only had one heart left :cool:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love, and am loved in return. This provides me with an emotional high far greater than anything else, OP.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
One time i got seven league boots in puppy cave. That feeling was euphoric.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
majora's mask 3ds being announced days after the where the gently caress is majoras mask thread went up

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cyra posted:

majora's mask 3ds being announced days after the where the gently caress is majoras mask thread went up

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that thread made me feel happier than a feelgood ending to a :krad: 80's movie

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

punching eric sparrow in the face

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I used to make out with my game boxes when I got a new game as a kid.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I get emotional in Starfox 64 in Area 6 when the bad guys are freaking out because you're breaking through the blockade.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just before my uncle's funeral, my father pulled me to one side and told me that he was giving a eulogy for his late brother, but he might not be able to go through with it due to how he was feeling. if that was to happen he requested i take over for him.

just as he was about to read out the eulogy proper, he broke down utterly and i went up to the podium, took him back to his chair and read out the eulogy for him.

making my father proud is the best emotional high of my whole life.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

jackin' it to my waifu

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

helpin arkantos ascend to demigodhood, and later, godhood.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Here's another one for you. The Wind Waker intro when the music swells into the overworld theme and it cuts to a painting of OoT Link fighting Ganon. Misty eyes every time.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
One time i lost my 100+ hour save file in morrowind. The horror.

Also please only post emotional highs relating to games, this is imp zone.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Michael Jackson posted:

One time i lost my 100+ hour save file in morrowind. The horror.

Also please only post emotional highs relating to games, this is imp zone.

I am often loved from behind while speed running Super Metroid as BBG can attest.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Widestancer posted:

I am often loved from behind while speed running Super Metroid as BBG can attest.

fake highs dont count.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Michael Jackson posted:

fake highs dont count.
It is very real I can assure you. There are few emotional highs like cumming right when you make it out of the escape sequence in Super Metroid.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Widestancer posted:

It is very real I can assure you. There are few emotional highs like cumming right when you make it out of the escape sequence in Super Metroid.
Sounds like you're really good at speedruns. Can you teach me some tricks?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The battery died in my Pokemon Silver cartridge where I was like 90% of the way to catchin' 'em all and I cried a little.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kylra posted:

Sounds like you're really good at speedruns. Can you teach me some tricks?

Getting bomb jumping and wall jumping down helps a bunch since they're essential skills. Most of the metroid style speed runs come down to knowing those things, memorizing the sequence breaks and if you want to find new breaks being willing to spend awhile experimenting with wacky poo poo.

Look at Elephantgun's Let's Break FF6 LP on the LPA if you want to see a master of sequence breaking at work. She's good. The best part about that is that she uses stuff for a game more than a decade old that was only recently discovered.

It's a good source of emotional highs, speedrunning. Just ask Tolkei (I think that was her name).

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

I rolled a perfect crit on a scythe attack in a d20 game. I did 4 times the mob's health in damage.

In another game I was perfect crit by a lightsaber for an instant death.

Dice suck, play video games.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Widestancer posted:

Look at Elephantgun's Let's Break FF6 LP on the LPA if you want to see a master of sequence breaking at work. She's good. The best part about that is that she uses stuff for a game more than a decade old that was only recently discovered.
Just checking in to say that I was trying to make a different joke, but this was really cool anyway so it was worth it even though my original intentions did not work out.

Speedrunning is cool, but I don't really dedicate a lot of time to doing it properly outside of normal gameplay myself. I'll do it for some shorter platformers sometimes like original Mario, but I wouldn't have the patience/drive to do something like Super Metroid. I'm usually ok with just learning the tricks and trying to do them myself a few rather than trying to break records. I've done the shinesparking, walljump sequence breaks and some of the other tricks. I just haven't tried to string it together into a speedrun.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I made it to Bloody Malth the second to last boss in Ninja Gaiden once.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Here's another one for you. The Wind Waker intro when the music swells into the overworld theme and it cuts to a painting of OoT Link fighting Ganon. Misty eyes every time.

same,, its the music that really turns that kinda moment from feels to big time feels

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
finally beating super punch out as a kid after being stuck on hoy quarlow for for months

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

When the game completion percentage is at 100%.

God help me if it can get to like 230% or something and I hit that :vince:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Michael Jackson posted:

That feel when you hit a guy so hard that he explodes into chunks and Minsc yells "JAHEY!"

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Probably finding an Ashes of Al'ar on my first attempt at the mount.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

just did a 0 death game as Witch Doctor won the match and got the most so kills so yes you could say im having a pretty good day right now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Eonwe posted:

finally beating super punch out as a kid after being stuck on hoy quarlow for for months

i could no-hit everyone up to him as a kid and it took me like a week to take him out and the people after him were reallllly disappointing

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

beating battletoads

i was one of those people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beating contra 3 without a 50 lives cheat

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

#thatFEEL when you finally get 1st place in the tokyo tournament in tony hawks pro skater 3

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECUCkuWDw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxsVHcsE78

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:yikes:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6f-opugqY

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Getting empty quoted

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Airshots are the best emotional high, everything about them is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

meeting a player in For Glory smash that is honorable and SDs when you accidentally kill yourself

• Locked thread