Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mortified_Cow posted:

Just wish I didn't have to say "Alexa" or "Amazon".

I don't understand why things like this, Siri, etc. don't let you change what you call them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I signed up first day, am a Prime user, and use Amazon Music in my car sometimes, and have not yet gotten an invite.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sono posted:

Alexa watched the past three months of WWE programming in milliseconds in an attempt to answer this question and failed.

It should just always answer "John Cena." 90% of the time it would be right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If it's anything like Siri, it will constantly pick up things that don't even sound remotely similar to "Alexa" as you saying "Alexa."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Super Dude posted:

Siri is really, really bad at almost everything it does.

My favorite thing is when it will recognize what I said exactly, as in telling it to play a certain song, as shown via the text it displays, and then play a different song anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I ordered one, April delivery estimate. I'm in no rush to get it, so whatever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey do you have to use Amazon music to get it to play at all, or only for the voice control stuff? Like if it's paired to my phone can I do like a normal bluetooth speaker and play from my device to it?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fantastic, no spending an extra $25 for Amazon Music on top of the $25 I already pay for iTunes match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I tested it out with Pandora.

I'm going to assume the voice stuff doesn't work with non-amazon music though, right?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yeah.

Voice commands only works for services natively supported by the Echo (Amazon Music, iheartradio, TuneIn Radio)

Figured. Not a dealbreaker, but would have been cool. But seeing as I'll just be playing off an iPhone I can probably coerce Siri into actually playing what I'm saying at least half of the time, so not a huge problem.

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, but you don't have to have prime music, you can manage your amazon music by voice without prime music.

I have way over the 250 song limit you can have uploaded to Amazon without paying for Prime Music.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Super Dude posted:

You can get prime for cheap ($15 I think?) if you split it with people.

I could afford the $25 even doing it alone, but would rather not pay for 2 services that do the same thing, especially with how ingrained into itunes match I already am.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, I get Prime Music already with my subscription, but I have a ton of poo poo they don't have. I'm sure I'll still use it for stuff I know they do have, but I'm not going to pay the extra $25 to get my poo poo in there too. In retrospect I kind of wish I would have bought my stuff from Amazon, but the vast, vast majority of it is either iTunes or old CD rips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

The disparities between ship dates is pretty bizarre, too. I ordered mine 1/21, and it's set for 6/19 (up from 7/17). It's a pretty outrageous backlog that for a product that's already on the shelves.

It's not already on the shelves. It's an invite only early access product.