Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

All of them lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

BoredDG posted:

I'm starting to think The Simpson's have a lot of lovely games

Even as a kid I thought they were poo poo except for Bart vs. The Space Mutants, which I now realize was poo poo. The first level in that one is still kind of cool, though.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

buck bumble

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

There was some lego game I played a lot where drove around a city and raced a lot and idk what its called but I played the hell out of it on PC. Also Bart's Nightmare actually freaked me out, a lot.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

edit: gamesdbase.com
Such a disappointing sequel.

Such a boring game,but I didn't mind it back in the day.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Iron Casanova posted:

Such a boring game,but I didn't mind it back in the day.

It had some pretty good music. I can forgive a lot about a game with pretty good music. Also, the Genesis was a loving RPG wasteland when that came out, your options were, like, phantasy star 2 or super hydlide.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012

There were a lot of games I enjoyed playing for quite a while before realising they had been poo poo all along and I had just been deluding myself the whole time.Still are in fact.Dungeon of Dredmore for example.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

the original mortal kombat i guess

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

it was cool but they were trying to do things the super fx chip was not able to do

e: here's a video of the game running on actual snes hardware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dds-gCCj-UI#t=277s
honestly looks more playable than i expected it to, probably on par with virtua racing on the genesis/megadrive

i mean at the time most fully polygonal games you could play at home would struggle to go faster than 15 fps anyway

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

mostly filled with terrible design choices, an end-game puzzle which can only be understood from reading the story at the end of every stage (this video game is a platformer) (if you get the puzzle wrong you lose a life) and the boss AI cheats

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

also there was an nes game about colonizing planets and building up an empire and the main screen was a huge star field i loving loved that game i'm sure its garbage

i remember i found an exploit where switching between ships would allow you to overflow the amount of people that were put on the ship and you could send out impossibly good ships

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

sonic the hegdehog w/out knuckles

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

omg it was loving overlord and that game owned as a child, i just read about it and universally it is regarded as a poo poo game on the nes, where i played it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

And if you stare for too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you.

Almost every game that I caught glimpses of at a neighbor's house or on tv but didn't actually own myself

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Megalixir posted:

mostly filled with terrible design choices, an end-game puzzle which can only be understood from reading the story at the end of every stage (this video game is a platformer) (if you get the puzzle wrong you lose a life) and the boss AI cheats
it always looked to me like the endboss did the carlton dance

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's not a dream, or a lie.
I know my sister is alive out there.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The only compelling thing about this game was that they were able to get Fabio to be on the cover.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

No Such Thing posted:

That one PS1 game with Bruce Willis in it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 13, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Tail of the Sun, for PSX.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tyrian 2000 except its not bad just insanely easy, if it was more challenging it would own

puberty worked me over
May 19, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I'm not sure how they expected a game like Tyrian to sell in 1995 when Furył was released the same year.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Extra posted:

I'm not sure how they expected a game like Tyrian to sell in 1995 when Furył was released the same year.

Fury3 appears to be a first person flight sim, while Tyrian is a shmup. I don't think they were competing against each other.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i wasnt a kid then, but everyone goes through an mmo phase. a dark time in my life

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

croc: legend of the gobbos for ps1

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

LaTex Fetish posted:

i wasnt a kid then, but everyone goes through an mmo phase. a dark time in my life
probably not as bad as playing an anal-retentive 24/7 risk-getting-banned-or-something-if-you're-ooc mud and actually paying for a character account

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Buglord

streets of simcity

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Brasseye posted:

croc: legend of the gobbos for ps1

um, actually, croc owned. As did croc 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ok it controlled like complete rear end but it sure was cute!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

um, actually, croc owned. As did croc 2.

NO!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo I was wondering that game's proper name for ages. That game was pretty hilarous. There was a ghost dude who had a good and bad version, and the bad version would take items from you. I remember having a whole bunch of keys (needed to beat the game) and he laughs maniacally as he goes though my bag only to steal a chicken.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Holy poo poo I was wondering that game's proper name for ages. That game was pretty hilarous. There was a ghost dude who had a good and bad version, and the bad version would take items from you. I remember having a whole bunch of keys (needed to beat the game) and he laughs maniacally as he goes though my bag only to steal a chicken.

Yeah it had a pretty cool arty style and was pretty spooky for little kid me but it was still a bad game because there was zero indication of wtf you had to do to beat it. I don't think I ever finished the thing.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

this hunk of poo poo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah it had a pretty cool arty style and was pretty spooky for little kid me but it was still a bad game because there was zero indication of wtf you had to do to beat it. I don't think I ever finished the thing.

Im watching a play-through on youtube now, it sure doesn't hold up. I think I remember escaping the house as a kid and seeing a creepy sun or something, but the game crashed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Schnedwob posted:

this hunk of poo poo

i had a demo disc of that game and would pull it out to show friends how awful the game was and laugh about it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Basically just a lovely, less-violent version of Mortal Kombat for those of us with parents who didn't allow gory games. But the cyborg guy could shoot a beam out of his torso and that fuckin' rocked.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

SimCopter, OTOH, did actually own. Being able to import your simcities was really cool just wasted on Streets.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BERGfu posted:

The only compelling thing about this game was that they were able to get Fabio to be on the cover.
Wizards and Warriors III owned, though. Shame that the first two sucked so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Chopper attack.

• Locked thread