Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

That Harry Potter game is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

the alien is shooting green spooge out of his dick

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Butt Ghost posted:

the alien is shooting green spooge out of his dick

What comes out of your dick? :whitewater:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

This was basically just a Doom WAD for kids whose parents wouldn't let them have mature games. Chex subverted parenting to bring you this game. Chex Quest owns.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

was Dragon Warrior good? I remember liking it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I love mortal kombat games and that was dogshit lol. They literally had to program in an automatic combo breaker because every character had an infinite combo they could pull off really easily.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Moar Hoar demands Moar

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

euphronius posted:

was Dragon Warrior good? I remember liking it.

the first one is a boring, grindy, obtuse slog. i loved it and still do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This was basically just a Doom WAD for kids whose parents wouldn't let them have mature games. Chex subverted parenting to bring you this game. Chex Quest owns.

On top of that, wasn't it more or less free and came in a box of Chex? Not only do you get Chex, you get a free game. That's value right there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

the first one is a boring, grindy, obtuse slog. i loved it and still do.

holy poo poo its wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_%28video_game%29

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

back when I lived in the deep south my local walmart had a copy of that game well into the ps3 era

i wonder if they still do

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

kafziel posted:

Is that the one with the Mode 7 world, where when you turn it just rotates the environment instead of the player?

yeah. if you can get past that and the awful controls, you can get lost in a world of breakable weapons, instant death traps, teleporter mazes, and other fun stuff!

Iron Casanova posted:

The soundtrack was really good, well the PC-98 version.Haven't heard the SNES version.

the SNES version isn't as high quality but the music is still my favorite part of it. afaik the SNES version is the only one in english. btw the SNES version adds the ability to talk to shopkeepers, which probably triples the amount of dialogue in the game when there was so little to start with.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

maou shoujo posted:

yeah. if you can get past that and the awful controls, you can get lost in a world of breakable weapons, instant death traps, teleporter mazes, and other fun stuff!

the SNES version isn't as high quality but the music is still my favorite part of it. afaik the SNES version is the only one in english. btw the SNES version adds the ability to talk to shopkeepers, which probably triples the amount of dialogue in the game when there was so little to start with.

Never played it, just heard the soundtrack in hoot player.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Brandish actually got a PSP re-release in Japan, and may get ported to North America. Weird.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Sub-Actuality posted:

I dunno this one might have been pretty good

No one should question its quality when the last .gif you posted has ManBearPig doing a backbreaker on your dude. This game rocked. I also believe a robot performs a piledriver on you in this game, too.

When I was a kid, we rented a Game Genie from Blockbuster right after my dad got a Genesis for Christmas and we ended up getting this instead:

It's pretty bad, but "Wise from your gwave" is unforgettable.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you rented a game genie?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

elf help book posted:

you rented a game genie?

I don't remember much from back then, but yeah I think my older brother had us rent a Game Genie right after Christmas. Up until this point in our lives, all we had was an old Atari 2600 so the concept of what a 'Game Genie' did was pretty foreign to us. We ended up buying one instead after this little rental mishap, but I'd like to think getting Altered Beast instead of a Game Genie was a much, much better deal.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

2Xtreme

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i remember playing a lot of really lovely games on snes like lagoon and spending hours and hours on them but i don't know how much of it was me thinking they were good and how much of it was having tons and tons of time and no internet

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
there was this one game on pc that i played when i was really young and i dont know the name of it but you were a yellow smiley guy i think and it was top down and there was a desert and a pirate ship and other smiley guys and thats all i remember

it's probably poo poo

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Neurosis posted:

i remember playing a lot of really lovely games on snes like lagoon and spending hours and hours on them but i don't know how much of it was me thinking they were good and how much of it was having tons and tons of time and no internet

ahahaha Lagoon, I forgot about that game

world's smallest JRPG sword

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Has a pretty bad rep but it came out at the height of Ninja Turtles mania and I loved it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

FuriousGeorge posted:

Has a pretty bad rep but it came out at the height of Ninja Turtles mania and I loved it.

You just walk over the gap... wtf

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Now that I think about it, I thought all the games were cool.

If it was a video game, I thought it was cool.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

FuriousGeorge posted:

I remember my brother beating this, but til this day I haven't.The furthest I got was rescuing splinter.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

I rented that game because I thought that dude was batman.

FuriousGeorge posted:

this made me throw my first controller in frustration. it'll always have a place in my withered heart just for that.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Goldeneye.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Aww, outpost was awesome :(

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
This was really cool and had one of the first physics systems i'd ever seen, but I only remember like two levels and both of them being mediocre

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I could never get past the electric seaweed level in the TMNT game.

Now that I'm a ~better gamer~ maybe I should give it a shot now.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

I mean seriously why is there no w before reckin'? Probably the least of its issues

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

mdm posted:

I mean seriously why is there no w before reckin'? Probably the least of its issues
I have never seen this game before.

It looks disgusting to me.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

mdm posted:

I had this game and played it a bunch because I was an idiot child. Its really really bad. I think I actually still have it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

seiferguy posted:

I could never get past the electric seaweed level in the TMNT game.

Now that I'm a ~better gamer~ maybe I should give it a shot now.

I find that I was a better gamer as a child and I don't know how that is, I was dumb as hell.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Twisted Metal... because Something Awful has taught me that it's not twisted enough! :twisted: :getin: :allears:

I'm gonna say this too....the first game in particular. I mean;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXS8vwDjLmo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's also really cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

And this. I paid (well, my mom) paid full retail, or $55 1994 Canadian Dollars for this piece of crap.

• Locked thread