Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

I ended up buying my first breaker bar extension (pipe) just to get enough leverage to get the drat lugs off of a vehicle that was just in the stealership before I bought it.

I don't have the receipt (or the car) anymore, but the comments section was amazing. They screwed the guy by telling him he really really really needed to replace timing chain (gasket was leaking - they all do that eventually with this model, car was under 50k since last replacement), talked him into a new SAAB-style ignition coil because it was brought in and "starts rough in the cold" - which was not even related to that, new tires, and of course they put the old style metal clips on to balance the alloys - years after the self-applying ones were available, and scraped the poo poo out of them. I can't remember the rest, but it ended up costing nearly the cars' net worth.

E: Had someone try to play the "tires so bald I can't legally let you leave" on a female relations' car when there was at least 5/16ths left with no under/overinflation or cupping issues. Needless to say they lost any future business and managed to magically find they were talking about the wrong vehicle after a call to corporate.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

ASE for Mechanics is akin to A+ for computer nerds. You are either a tool, or older than the tool. Neither means you are good (or capable).

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Wait, so an electrician or a plumber has to be licensed but not a mechanic?

Pretty much the same for a computer janitor. Some are good, some are poo poo.

• Locked thread