Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I've certainly learned the right dealership makes all the difference. The Viper had sat for ages in a showroom and the moron salespeople blew the subs using it as a personal stereo. It also started grinding into reverse, and needed a seat rail sensor recall done. I take it in twice for the speakers, twice for the reversing. I start thinking "oh gently caress, here we go again" and wondering if the American car curse has returned.

The last time I brought the car home I heard loud rattling, after the dealership had ordered parts for the transmission. Apparently there's a known issue with the TR-6060 reverse hub assembly. I start looking around for the source of the rattle and it's the passenger seat. The bolts holding the passenger seat rails on were finger tight, and the tech had just left them that way without even completing the recall. I thought you have got to be loving kidding me, there is no way I'm letting these cocksuckers touch my car again. I look at the RO from the previous repair attempt, and despite being explicit about the subs being bad, THEY REPLACED THE FRONT SPEAKERS. WELL NO poo poo SHERLOCK NO WONDER IT DIDN'T SOUND ANY BETTER. christ.

Someone reminded me of some good advice recently - if you are having a car worked on, especially something unique or complicated, meet your tech. Know who is working on your car. I did that with the M3 and I don't know why I didn't do it this time. I took the car to a much better rated dealership that's closer to home and the tech was a BMW guy, obviously quite smart, and while the diag work will have to be re-done it's worth the wait, because he's clearly methodical, knew parts off the top of his head and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I guess the most you can do is warn others away via Yelp or Google reviews. I found my current dealership via Yelp, and the one I had been dealing with was 1.5 stars with like 300 reviews.

• Locked thread