Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I recently got a Fiesta ST and the dealer I got from gives free oil changes whenever you want - awesome right? So I bring it in for it's first change, drive it home and theres a POOL of oil in my garage when I pulled out. I threw it up on ramps the oil filter was completely loose and on the last thread or two, It's frankly amazing it didn't fall off completely and lead to some catastrophic oil spill and engine failure.

I've had a nice snap on torx driver left in my 330Ci from a pretty reputable BMW dealer, which was actually pretty sweet because it's used to take off just about every interior screw.

My favorite ever was a funny story where I brought my old Focus in for a screeching noise and when I got it back I notice they tore my CV boot fixing a wheel bearing, which sprayed grease all over my front brake which was super scary, and at the same time I noticed my car was SUPER loud, so I pulled over, popped the hood to discover my entire airbox was missing and there was a giant crowbar just chilling on top of the engine. I went back and demanded they give me back my airbox and refund me all labor charges and I'll walk away. I can't even believe how big of a fight he put up, but thankfully resigned to my extremely fair offer of still paying for parts.

Never again…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
drat dude!

Also reminds me of when I got my coolant flushed on the BMW at a different dealer when I had it in for a lock cylinder replacement - I took it on a trip the next day and the expansion tank and it's hard brittle plastic hose counterpart exploded all over the highway in the dead of winter. Luckily they paid for a tow and fixed it for free - honestly not sure if it was even their fault because the car cracked 2 more expansion tanks later in it's life…

Oh bmw…

• Locked thread