Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.
:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Technical sophistication can abate the evils of corruption for only so long; now cracks a noble industry... :negative:

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

MoaM posted:

Technical sophistication can abate the evils of corruption for only so long; now cracks a noble industry... :negative:

What it really comes down to is that most evil people are lazy, and when something requires a lot of effort and talent to master the chances of it attracting evil people are lower.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

No its about a bunch of assholes on both sides of the "debate" acting like children and trying to destroy an industry. Like I said, it is just the canary in the mine. I'm sure there are a bunch of rear end in a top hat lazy programmers that don't feel like coding in lower levels of directx support in the new CoD, or people being pressured by executives to make older cards obsolete.

The real word is "corruption" and it has nothing to do with gaming journalism or feminism or whatever. The gaming industry because of its high level of technical sophistication has largely been immune to a lot of issues regarding corruption, but as it becomes larger and takes in more and more revenue it is bound to attract people that don't really care about it and are either there simply for the money or see it as an easy target to cause problems for people and ruin things.
:eyepop:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

The shits I give about #lamergate is below zero. The shits I give about not being able to play the new CoD on my 5 year old graphics card is somewhat high.
:captainpop:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Apthous, I think you should compare Hannah Arendt's text "Eichmann in Jerusalem..." to Advanced Warmongering's multiplayer development cycle in a 2000 word essay-post. I believe we will all understand your grievances upon the posting of that post; we are not there yet.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 7, 2014

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
This thread just saved me $60. Thanks guys.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

MoaM posted:

Apthous, I think you should compare Hannah Arendt's text "Eichmann in Jerusalem..." to Advanced Warmongering's multiplayer development cycle in a 2000 word essay-post. I believe we will all understand your grievances upon the posting of that post; we are not there yet.

I'll compare #lamergate to a bunch of teenagers trying to shoot up a gun show.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So, anyone up for some MW2 SnD??

Elman fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 7, 2014

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Honestly the new game looks sort of fun. I don't think I'd ever pay more than 20 bucks for it, but when would you ever for a CoD game?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

Haha, agreedo, my main man! *shoots you with infinite grenade launchers and missile launchers*

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
my review of CoD: AW

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I want to buy this but I'm afraid it will have 4k players online during peak hours.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

West007 posted:

I want to buy this but I'm afraid it will have 4k players online during peak hours.
Well since they removed player counts from the playlists we can't even confirm! But the numbers have to be pretty low as it's hard to get a full match in NA for anything other than Domination and TDM. Even ground war has been spotty.

Hopefully that's just launch issues since the multiplayer is actually pretty fun.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'm kinda on the fence since Ghosts was the worst piece of poo poo I've ever bought and spent a grand total of 6 hours on the multiplayer. I also dont get why it has to be 60€, 60$ is like 48€. :argh:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
It's really very fun, but connection issues can ruin a string of games and player count is overall pretty low. Peak was ~30,000 yesterday.

That said, run around like an idiot with a dubstep gun or a dubstep laser gun, you'll probably have a good time.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

yo this game is actually good and plays like blops2
i havent had any connectivity issues yet which is amazing

gently caress ghosts yo

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Less Fat Luke posted:

Well since they removed player counts from the playlists we can't even confirm! But the numbers have to be pretty low as it's hard to get a full match in NA for anything other than Domination and TDM. Even ground war has been spotty.

Hopefully that's just launch issues since the multiplayer is actually pretty fun.

This. :( I want to play CTF or Domination or even Hardcore which I love. There are never any games during the day or late evenings. I wonder if its to late for me to get a refund from steam.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

Is being an unironic gamergater seriously not bannable?

I've only seen anti-gamergators been probated in a few threads strangely

West007
Apr 21, 2013

MadBimber posted:

It's really very fun, but connection issues can ruin a string of games and player count is overall pretty low. Peak was ~30,000 yesterday.

That said, run around like an idiot with a dubstep gun or a dubstep laser gun, you'll probably have a good time.

30k seems great to me, I dont remember the peaks of previous CoDs but Im pretty sure it was in the 20-30k ballpark. gently caress it, I'll get it.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

DrPaper posted:

Looks like this goes all the way to the top... :tinfoil:

So the new call of duty is bad hey, well that's a shame!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game owns, add me, Black Baby Goku on steam

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Opinions on whether the game is bad or not aside (it is bad, though), the game peaked at like 32k active players the day of launch and is already slipping down to 20k at super primetime and barely 10k at offtimes.

If that's not a good reason to not get it then you really are a loving moron.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

hopterque posted:

Opinions on whether the game is bad or not aside (it is bad, though), the game peaked at like 32k active players the day of launch and is already slipping down to 20k at super primetime and barely 10k at offtimes.

If that's not a good reason to not get it then you really are a loving moron.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

This is the best CoD thread. Congrats everyone and thanks for the laughs. :)

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The exo makes this game fun again imo and I've been having A Whole Host of Fun with 2 buddies in ranked online.

When are the dedicated servers out?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DrPaper posted:

Probably because they are all really horrible and unfunny much like you.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Sajeezzar posted:

Holy poo poo I almost bought this game. That was so close.
Me every year.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I bought it. First one since Blops 1. Kind of thought they had gone back to dedicated servers after Blops but apparently not?

At least I used some grey market thing to get it much cheaper.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I'm not going to poo poo post here, this is a terrible thread. I'm going back to the other one.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Probably because they are all really horrible and unfunny much like you.

:(

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Let's hug this out I think I was too harsh homey.

Also this game is fun and I bought it but if you wanna wait till its on sale or just wait until a better FPS comes out that's also a very reasonable opinion to have, I think.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Let's hug this out I think I was too harsh homey.

Also this game is fun and I bought it but if you wanna wait till its on sale or just wait until a better FPS comes out that's also a very reasonable opinion to have, I think.

What is the often length between a new CoD release and it's first steam sale?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

DrPaper posted:

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DrPaper posted:

It's between now and never, ever.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Hey guys whats your favorite kill streaks?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Knifegrab posted:

All the ones that let me die in between because I can't string together more than two kills.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Remote turret. :unsmigghh:

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Apthous posted:

The shits I give about #lamergate is below zero. The shits I give about not being able to play the new CoD on my 5 year old graphics card is somewhat high.

ha ha ha look at this grandpa

go upgrade your card dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Please add to the OP.

To fix texture blur turn off Cache (Sun,Spot) Shadow Maps under advanced video settings.

Example of texture blur:

• Locked thread