Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey man, I grew up in a world where mouse sensitivity was just that, mouse sensitivity. All this new-agey dynamic polling whatsits is over my head. :(

In other words I bought a nice mouse and it has features I didn't know/care about and I'm dumb for doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Download drivers for your mouse and you'll probably get a control center where you can remap extra buttons and cool jazz like that.

In other news the heavy shield really owns, after 3(?) different iterations of it pubs still don't know what to do

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

DaveKap posted:

Nope, no idea what the difference is. More importantly, is there anything I can do about it?

What mouse do you have? I'll see if I can help you out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So did anyone make a pc clan or are we all just steam grouping it up?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Knifegrab posted:

It's a RAT 7. The software that comes with it (all updated btw) only lets you set the DPI. If you do a search for "set polling rate RAT 7" you'll see that madcats/cyborg essentially have an article stating "you can't set it, so deal." so I'm basically hosed with this thing.

Whatever, it's dirty and almost impossible to take apart so I might just move on to something else. :(

Anyone have a G502? That thing looks like a nice imposter.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 12, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So did anyone make a pc clan or are we all just steam grouping it up?

There is a PC clan in Imp Zone. Just post in the imp zone thread and maybe PM Zen death Robot

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The imp zone thread is the I'm buying the new cod thread btw and please keep any pms to zen death robot work safe ;)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you're gonna be an imp you gotta be good ça va?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Acquire Currency! posted:

if you're gonna be an imp you gotta be good ça va?

If in doubt post in the imp zone and see what happens imo

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

So what did you do to deserve that red text?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

Thats a really bad red text avatar and whoever bought it is a loving moron

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Secrets out, use the remote turret with rippable, high energy, and support before it is patched out for a good time.

the kill streak is still worthless. how am i supposed to get 11 whole kills?? in ONE game???? :mad:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Thats a really bad red text avatar and whoever bought it is a loving moron

It's true

However whoever bought you yours is a genius

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Sappo569 posted:

I honestly don't really know, I told people the remote turret is a good killstreak and people lost their minds. I think its time I stopped posting in that thread, its full of a lot of dim individuals, especially myself. But hey I got this spiffy new avatar out of it all so I got that going for me. I do post too much, thats definitely true.

Also Wildestancer, we should use the mumble in this threads OP for the imp zone thread too, get everyone to roll around as one sweaty goon ball together.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I think it's because you don't know when to shut the gently caress up

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Robot Randy posted:

Hmm yes spending 10 real dollars to make a lovely burn on someone will definitely make them shut up

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm gonna post again just to reinforce my point here.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

I honestly don't really know,

It frightens me that this might be true

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

I honestly don't really know, I told people the remote turret is a good killstreak and people lost their minds. I think its time I stopped posting in that thread, its full of a lot of dim individuals, especially myself. But hey I got this spiffy new avatar out of it all so I got that going for me. I do post too much, thats definitely true.

Also Wildestancer, we should use the mumble in this threads OP for the imp zone thread too, get everyone to roll around as one sweaty goon ball together.

Robot Randy posted:

:captainpop:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Oh god they're following me!

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

My guess is that you keep going on and on about the Bio Dogs killstreak when you know drat well that Nano Dogs are the best

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Phenylketonuric posted:

My guess is that you keep going on and on about the Bio Dogs killstreak when you know drat well that Nano Dogs are the best

Have you completely forgotten about Bushido Dogs, or dare I even say it, I can't believe I even have to, LAZER DOGZ!?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Did anyone mention Doobies dogs yet

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

Have you completely forgotten about Bushido Dogs, or dare I even say it, I can't believe I even have to, LAZER DOGZZZZZZZZZZZ!?

Fixed.

By the way, I continued watching that guy's stream for a few minutes after I left last night, during which he bitched about :
-His scrub teammates
-His slow loading/connection
-(Unintelligible, diabetes?)

Do schmucks like him think he will ever get sponsored if he engages trolls/noobs/scrubs on his stream? Especially throwing around "fag" as much as he does?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Phenylketonuric posted:

Fixed.

By the way, I continued watching that guy's stream for a few minutes after I left last night, during which he bitched about :
-His scrub teammates
-His slow loading/connection
-(Unintelligible, diabetes?)

Do schmucks like him think he will ever get sponsored if he engages trolls/noobs/scrubs on his stream? Especially throwing around "fag" as much as he does?

If he dreams as big as the pizzas he eats the answer is yes.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Phenylketonuric posted:

Hasn't stopped other streamers :yayclod:

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Robot Randy posted:

Download drivers for your mouse and you'll probably get a control center where you can remap extra buttons and cool jazz like that.

In other news the heavy shield really owns, after 3(?) different iterations of it pubs still don't know what to do

I'm finding it a lot easier to be shot/knifed through this iteration of the shield. It's still great fun though when idiots empty clip after clip into it then you spike drone them in the face.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Shannow posted:

I'm finding it a lot easier to be shot/knifed through this iteration of the shield. It's still great fun though when idiots empty clip after clip into it then you spike drone them in the face.

I haven't really noticed. In Blops 2 it was atrocious though, so this is a welcome improvement

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Widestancer posted:

There is a PC clan in Imp Zone. Just post in the imp zone thread and maybe PM Zen death Robot

link that thread and I'll put it in the op

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

link that thread and I'll put it in the op

Thread link:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

gently caress that. playing fps on a console is like jakcing off with a condom on

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Knifegrab posted:

Post the full build plz

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 2 Greed
Perk 3 Greed - 3/13

Lightweight, so you're fast - 4/13
Low Profile, invisible to UAVs and Tracker attachment 5/13

Peripherals, Giant Minimap, killed enemies don't show - 6/13
Blind Eye, invisible to all scorestreaks apart from UAV - 7/13

Blast Supressor - Exo Boost moves don't ping the minimap - 8/13
Toughness - you don't flinch - 9/13

SN6 SMG - 10/13
Rifling - 11/13 Increases range
Silencer - 12/13 Silences at the cost of the Rifling range increase.

Alternatively just take a foregrip for an extra killstreak if you don't care about them seeing you when you shoot.

Killstreak - UAV Support/Minimap scramble. 13/13

If you took foregrip:
UAV Support/Point Boost 12/13

Care Package Support/Better odds 13/13

Enjoy being a ninja with a machinegun. This build took me from regularly going 3-15 down to regularly being 1:1 K:D or above and the highest on my team frequently.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 2 Greed
Perk 3 Greed - 3/13

Lightweight, so you're fast - 4/13
Low Profile, invisible to UAVs and Tracker attachment 5/13

Peripherals, Giant Minimap, killed enemies don't show - 6/13
Blind Eye, invisible to all scorestreaks apart from UAV - 7/13

Blast Supressor - Exo Boost moves don't ping the minimap - 8/13
Toughness - you don't flinch - 9/13

SN6 SMG - 10/13
Rifling - 11/13 Increases range
Silencer - 12/13 Silences at the cost of the Rifling range increase.

Alternatively just take a foregrip for an extra killstreak if you don't care about them seeing you when you shoot.

Killstreak - UAV Support/Minimap scramble. 13/13

If you took foregrip:
UAV Support/Point Boost 12/13

Care Package Support/Better odds 13/13

Enjoy being a ninja with a machinegun. This build took me from regularly going 3-15 down to regularly being 1:1 K:D or above and the highest on my team frequently.

Not gonna lie but this build seems... like a bad build. Or at least it wouldn't jive for me. I'm also not sure why you added descriptions of every perks/attachment, I'm pretty sure people know what they are.

If you're being a ninja why not overclock or exo mute (don't use exo mute its worthless). Also you are using an SMG that isn't very good ADS so why bother taking toughness, which really only benefits you when you ADS. Low profile is good but instead of wasting two points to get it (greed + the perk) just pick up a launcher and shoot down UAV's. It helps the whole team and gets you mad points. Peripherals is a good pick up but why not fast hands or gung-ho instead of blind eye, if its truly a fast runny smg ninja build shooting from a sprint, which is what smg's excel at, would be very useful.

The build for the gun itself isn't too bad, except you should always have the foregrip, it shouldn't be a maybe, especially if you ever plan on ADSing with the thing, the benefit is too great. Silencer is OK, I'm not sure I would take it on a super mobile build but if it works for you go for it. Don't waste a customization on point booster for the UAV it turns a 10 point uav assist to a 15 point uav assist. Meaning if your team gets 20 kills when your uav is up (unlikely ) you only get an additional 100 points. You would do better to throw threat on that bad boy.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Any way to fix this?

Textures are set to "normal".
Now, it doesn't look normal even for 2004 game.
Is it some kind of bug or were new consoles so poo poo that definition of "normal" had to go back 10 years?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
turn off cache sun/spot maps

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Everything in OP is turned off.
Basically, everything is turned off overall, all I have is rendering at native resolution, all texture settings on Normal, shadows disabled, medium antisotropic filtering, AO disabled, etc and 2xAA on.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Knifegrab posted:

Not gonna lie but this build seems... like a bad build. Or at least it wouldn't jive for me. I'm also not sure why you added descriptions of every perks/attachment, I'm pretty sure people know what they are.

If you're being a ninja why not overclock or exo mute (don't use exo mute its worthless). Also you are using an SMG that isn't very good ADS so why bother taking toughness, which really only benefits you when you ADS. Low profile is good but instead of wasting two points to get it (greed + the perk) just pick up a launcher and shoot down UAV's. It helps the whole team and gets you mad points. Peripherals is a good pick up but why not fast hands or gung-ho instead of blind eye, if its truly a fast runny smg ninja build shooting from a sprint, which is what smg's excel at, would be very useful.

The build for the gun itself isn't too bad, except you should always have the foregrip, it shouldn't be a maybe, especially if you ever plan on ADSing with the thing, the benefit is too great. Silencer is OK, I'm not sure I would take it on a super mobile build but if it works for you go for it. Don't waste a customization on point booster for the UAV it turns a 10 point uav assist to a 15 point uav assist. Meaning if your team gets 20 kills when your uav is up (unlikely ) you only get an additional 100 points. You would do better to throw threat on that bad boy.

I posted the descriptions because I have no idea of the experience of the person who asked me, plus I don't actually know what the abilities are without looking them up. I mean gently caress this is the first CoD game that I've ever picked up. Like, it's probably a bad build for someone that can actually hit people with a gun from more than point blank. I can't because I am a bad.

The entire game of the build is to be invisible to any sort of detection shoot a couple of dudes in the back and die. I have blind eye and low profile because I've never seen a game where UAV isn't chain up for like half the game or I'm being killed by swarms of missile strikes.

If you are terrible, utterly terrible at the game, this build will make let you have fun without having to get good. That's all I really want. It can probably be improved.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Woohoo posted:

Everything in OP is turned off.
Basically, everything is turned off overall, all I have is rendering at native resolution, all texture settings on Normal, shadows disabled, medium antisotropic filtering, AO disabled, etc and 2xAA on.

well that would do it. don't disaple shadows/AO

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I posted the descriptions because I have no idea of the experience of the person who asked me, plus I don't actually know what the abilities are without looking them up. I mean gently caress this is the first CoD game that I've ever picked up. Like, it's probably a bad build for someone that can actually hit people with a gun from more than point blank. I can't because I am a bad.

The entire game of the build is to be invisible to any sort of detection shoot a couple of dudes in the back and die. I have blind eye and low profile because I've never seen a game where UAV isn't chain up for like half the game or I'm being killed by swarms of missile strikes.

If you are terrible, utterly terrible at the game, this build will make let you have fun without having to get good. That's all I really want. It can probably be improved.

Hey if it works for you it works. But don't diss the launchers, you get 150 points for shooting down a UAV which is 1.5 kills worth of points. And its braindead easy to do. It would free up an extra point in your build as well cause you could get rid of low profile. Plus it makes people really sad when you shoot down their toys.

I'm just trying to give you some suggestions because it seems like you earnest want to improve your kdr. If you're goal is just to have fun and not kill dudes then do whatever you wanna do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Knifegrab posted:

Hey if it works for you it works. But don't diss the launchers, you get 150 points for shooting down a UAV which is 1.5 kills worth of points. And its braindead easy to do. It would free up an extra point in your build as well cause you could get rid of low profile. Plus it makes people really sad when you shoot down their toys.

I'm just trying to give you some suggestions because it seems like you earnest want to improve your kdr. If you're goal is just to have fun and not kill dudes then do whatever you wanna do.

Nah that's cool. It was more a desire to stop myself getting 3-18 curbstomped. Now that I'm there I'm not hugely troubled. I'd get rid of toughness ahead of low profile though. What was putting me off the game was people just knowing I was round the corner and killing me before I could do anything.

• Locked thread