Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

thank you op i look forward to play call of duty 4: modern warfare 5: advanced warfare :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.
:holymoley:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

No its about a bunch of assholes on both sides of the "debate" acting like children and trying to destroy an industry. Like I said, it is just the canary in the mine. I'm sure there are a bunch of rear end in a top hat lazy programmers that don't feel like coding in lower levels of directx support in the new CoD, or people being pressured by executives to make older cards obsolete.

The real word is "corruption" and it has nothing to do with gaming journalism or feminism or whatever. The gaming industry because of its high level of technical sophistication has largely been immune to a lot of issues regarding corruption, but as it becomes larger and takes in more and more revenue it is bound to attract people that don't really care about it and are either there simply for the money or see it as an easy target to cause problems for people and ruin things.
:eyepop:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apthous posted:

The shits I give about #lamergate is below zero. The shits I give about not being able to play the new CoD on my 5 year old graphics card is somewhat high.
:captainpop:

• Locked thread