Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If you are having troubles with connectivity, try forwarding these ports:

TCP: 27014-27050
UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036

It seems to have alleviated a lot of my connection issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Shannow posted:

First 2 days poo poo was running fine, past 2 im constantly lagging about a quarter second behind, or waiting for eternity in the lobby.

And then I got put in a FFA game by myself (I won).

Don't have much to complain about mechanics wise on the MP though, I like the speed, the movement style (despite spacebar mashing giving me some pretty serious wrist strain) and I even like most of the maps.
Tweaking the scorestreaks is pretty nice, with special mention to the wallhack UAV.

Things that bother me:

Camo/attatchment challenges - Have you loving SEEN what the camo requirements are like?! 500 headshots? Plus longshot distance seems to be a lot farther than what one might expect, and double kill seems to now mean'both drop at exactly the same time' so gently caress knows how you're meant to get that with half the guns.

No C4.

No Tomahawks/throwing knives

There is literally a spikey metalic boomerang that acts the same as the tomahawks/throwing knives.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

The shits I give about #lamergate is below zero. The shits I give about not being able to play the new CoD on my 5 year old graphics card is somewhat high.

It seems like, overall, you are giving too many shits. Besides the world is doing you a favor by not letting you play Advanced fartfare.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

DrPaper posted:

What is the often length between a new CoD release and it's first steam sale?

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hey guys whats your favorite kill streaks?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

dreffen posted:

Remote turret. :unsmigghh:

You're a loving idiot that killstreak sucks.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Bloodmobile posted:

wallhack uav with support on it. hope you like having low profile on all your loadouts

Or a launcher. What is your third customization or do you only run support and threat?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

this game is really good

at making me wish i was playing Titanfall instead :smuggo:

Maybe then you'd actually go positive.

:colbert:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

Umm ratios less than 1.0 are still positive you dumb loving nerd
:goonsay:

Go gently caress yerself in yer big stupid dumb face. Math means nothing, now excuse me while I jerk off to these weapon stat spreadsheets.

Game is good, not titanfall good but good.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

GTX 260, so its actually 6 years old, but still.

Dude its time to upgrade holy poo poo.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

It used to be that when your computer got old newer games would just run slowly. The last time I encountered a game that simply couldn't run because of hardware was back around 2000 (or before or whenever that was) when you first started needing dedicated GPUs to play games. I can understand that somewhat, but like I said the fact that AW can run on a loving Xbox 360 which came out in 2005 makes me mad as gently caress that it can't run on my graphics card which came out in late 2008. And there is no loving way that there has been such a loving advancement in graphics from dx9 to dx11 that requires some massive change in hardware. AW looks arguably worse than loving bf3 in some places.

The fact that there is requirement for the game to run on dx11 and nothing else tells me that either the developers were too loving lazy to code in support for lower versions of dx (civ 5 gave you the option of running the game in lower versions of dx), or someone stands to make money from forcing people to buy new video cards.

Yes I know I could just spring the money for a new card that supports dx11, but its the principle of the loving thing at this point. I don't like being jerked around and told what to do by either lazy programmers or corrupt businessmen.

I think consoles are better suited for you. (Hint: Its because you're an idiot).

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

neurotech posted:

So is this fun in MP? My last experience was playing a silenced shotgun + that shootable knife guy in Black Ops so that's my yardstick.

Yes, however connectivity issues are kinda bogging down what is, at its core, one of the most fun COD's to date.

Shotgun builds are in, but silenced shotguns aren't a thing anymore (I think).

Tac-knifes do exist and several of us in the thread have used them to great success.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

neurotech posted:

Thanks. Are the connectivity issues a NA thing or global? (I'm aussie)

Seems global. Current rumor is that the game prefers trueskill matchmaking to ping but its unconfirmed. Basically even if there a game two feet from you, its gonna choose the game in Ukraine because that dude is close to you in skill.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

All of those are off :/

What I did is as soon as a cutscene started I brought up my steam overlay. This pauses the game as soon as the cutscene ends. Then I save and quit to the main menu, and I click "resume game" and it starts the mission again but this time with the audio synced correctly.

This is literally in the OP

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I liked the campaign, perhaps you two are victims of #gamergate?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

ShineDog posted:

In the end I thought it was OK. It had some standout bits, but the core gunplay dragged it down a fair bit.

I always view the COD campaigns as Michael Bay movies. A whole lot of fun with very little substance. No staying power but an enjoyable experience.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Philthy posted:

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but there are about a dozen scorestreak options, and each of those options have about eight configurable options that will make the cost more.

One of those options is to make the turret fully automated.

Yeah despite the remote sentry being the best killstreak in the game, it is really the worst killstreak in the game.

Points are better spent on paladin killstreaks, because, lets be honest, you're gonna get one eventually.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

afkmacro posted:

Turret is good for zombies mode but yeah otherwise it's garbage. First few days I was wondering why it never fired off a single round when I deployed it...

Play with us tonight, we'll let you in on a secret.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

ethanol posted:

please share because I don't own this on pc

The secret is don't buy this poo poo on pc. So you're already ahead of the curve.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

According to what I see from watching MLG streamers play "THE RACE TO BEING A HOMO" etc, the ONLY good gun is the Bal 27

Lol no

edit: Apparently some patch just went live, someone find patch notes.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 11, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

For all the people that were concerned in this thread I bought a new video card so I can play this game. Are the cinematics just high quality renders from in game assets or are they pre rendered?

Quoting this so you can't edit it later, you bought a gfx card for cod advanced shitfare. Pre-rendered you ding-a-ling.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dalai Trauma posted:

3 prestiges in and I still don't know what the crap the handling rating means.

Hip fire accuracy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Secrets out, use the remote turret with rippable, high energy, and support before it is patched out for a good time.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

DaveKap posted:

Accidentally posted in the console thread.

So that mouse bug that everyone said happened in the Blops 2 and MW 3 launches but got patched a week later which are also happening in CoD:AW where the aim would just randomly spin 180 degrees because sensitivity spiked for half a second every 20 seconds or so...

Anyone figure out a fix for that that isn't "set your polling rate lower" and "turn off mouse acceleration/smoothing." I've got a RAT 7 and the only help the Steam Forums had was the knowledge that there are people out there with RAT 7s who do not have this issue.

And for the record, the fixes in the OP do not work for me.

You changed your mouses's polling rate.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

DaveKap posted:

Tried, didn't work. Funny enough, other RAT owners say stuff like "RAT doesn't let you change your polling rate" but the dpi setting is a program that lets you set 4 different dpis so that's... confusing. But yeah, setting it to 100 (minimum) doesn't work. My default is in the 3000 range.

Polling rate is not DPI, you realize that right?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Game is already dead on PC. RIP

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I discovered the submachine gun and Perk 1, 2 and 3 greed.

Now I am some invisible motherfucker on the giant minimap that can't be traced by UAVs, drones and doesn't ping if he uses Exo moves.

Then I murder everyone it's goddamn amazing.

Post the full build plz

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

DaveKap posted:

Nope, no idea what the difference is. More importantly, is there anything I can do about it?

What mouse do you have? I'll see if I can help you out.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

So what did you do to deserve that red text?

I honestly don't really know, I told people the remote turret is a good killstreak and people lost their minds. I think its time I stopped posting in that thread, its full of a lot of dim individuals, especially myself. But hey I got this spiffy new avatar out of it all so I got that going for me. I do post too much, thats definitely true.

Also Wildestancer, we should use the mumble in this threads OP for the imp zone thread too, get everyone to roll around as one sweaty goon ball together.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Oh god they're following me!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Phenylketonuric posted:

My guess is that you keep going on and on about the Bio Dogs killstreak when you know drat well that Nano Dogs are the best

Have you completely forgotten about Bushido Dogs, or dare I even say it, I can't believe I even have to, LAZER DOGZ!?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Phenylketonuric posted:

Fixed.

By the way, I continued watching that guy's stream for a few minutes after I left last night, during which he bitched about :
-His scrub teammates
-His slow loading/connection
-(Unintelligible, diabetes?)

Do schmucks like him think he will ever get sponsored if he engages trolls/noobs/scrubs on his stream? Especially throwing around "fag" as much as he does?

If he dreams as big as the pizzas he eats the answer is yes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 2 Greed
Perk 3 Greed - 3/13

Lightweight, so you're fast - 4/13
Low Profile, invisible to UAVs and Tracker attachment 5/13

Peripherals, Giant Minimap, killed enemies don't show - 6/13
Blind Eye, invisible to all scorestreaks apart from UAV - 7/13

Blast Supressor - Exo Boost moves don't ping the minimap - 8/13
Toughness - you don't flinch - 9/13

SN6 SMG - 10/13
Rifling - 11/13 Increases range
Silencer - 12/13 Silences at the cost of the Rifling range increase.

Alternatively just take a foregrip for an extra killstreak if you don't care about them seeing you when you shoot.

Killstreak - UAV Support/Minimap scramble. 13/13

If you took foregrip:
UAV Support/Point Boost 12/13

Care Package Support/Better odds 13/13

Enjoy being a ninja with a machinegun. This build took me from regularly going 3-15 down to regularly being 1:1 K:D or above and the highest on my team frequently.

Not gonna lie but this build seems... like a bad build. Or at least it wouldn't jive for me. I'm also not sure why you added descriptions of every perks/attachment, I'm pretty sure people know what they are.

If you're being a ninja why not overclock or exo mute (don't use exo mute its worthless). Also you are using an SMG that isn't very good ADS so why bother taking toughness, which really only benefits you when you ADS. Low profile is good but instead of wasting two points to get it (greed + the perk) just pick up a launcher and shoot down UAV's. It helps the whole team and gets you mad points. Peripherals is a good pick up but why not fast hands or gung-ho instead of blind eye, if its truly a fast runny smg ninja build shooting from a sprint, which is what smg's excel at, would be very useful.

The build for the gun itself isn't too bad, except you should always have the foregrip, it shouldn't be a maybe, especially if you ever plan on ADSing with the thing, the benefit is too great. Silencer is OK, I'm not sure I would take it on a super mobile build but if it works for you go for it. Don't waste a customization on point booster for the UAV it turns a 10 point uav assist to a 15 point uav assist. Meaning if your team gets 20 kills when your uav is up (unlikely ) you only get an additional 100 points. You would do better to throw threat on that bad boy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I posted the descriptions because I have no idea of the experience of the person who asked me, plus I don't actually know what the abilities are without looking them up. I mean gently caress this is the first CoD game that I've ever picked up. Like, it's probably a bad build for someone that can actually hit people with a gun from more than point blank. I can't because I am a bad.

The entire game of the build is to be invisible to any sort of detection shoot a couple of dudes in the back and die. I have blind eye and low profile because I've never seen a game where UAV isn't chain up for like half the game or I'm being killed by swarms of missile strikes.

If you are terrible, utterly terrible at the game, this build will make let you have fun without having to get good. That's all I really want. It can probably be improved.

Hey if it works for you it works. But don't diss the launchers, you get 150 points for shooting down a UAV which is 1.5 kills worth of points. And its braindead easy to do. It would free up an extra point in your build as well cause you could get rid of low profile. Plus it makes people really sad when you shoot down their toys.

I'm just trying to give you some suggestions because it seems like you earnest want to improve your kdr. If you're goal is just to have fun and not kill dudes then do whatever you wanna do.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Nah that's cool. It was more a desire to stop myself getting 3-18 curbstomped. Now that I'm there I'm not hugely troubled. I'd get rid of toughness ahead of low profile though. What was putting me off the game was people just knowing I was round the corner and killing me before I could do anything.

Again though, a UAV is up for ~40 seconds. Sure when one goes up you might be spotted for a bit but if you shoot it down it'll only be in the air for <10 seconds. Thats 30 seconds of no UAV for the enemy, and 1.5 kills for a few seconds of your time to look up and lock. And its helping your whole darn team! Sure there are times you might be caught out with it though, that's true.

I haven't really tried a full ghost build in the game because TTK is so low that I figure I'm gonna die eventually anyway so instead I tend to focus on whatever gives me the best fight ability as opposed to the best sneak ability.

One of the things I will grant you is I absolutely love having low profile because when a UAV does go up they are going to rely on it and you can just shoot them in the back.

In fact, I will try out your whole build tonight, it does sound like cheeky fun. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

RIP

• Locked thread