Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

NaDy posted:

I have very low IQ because I purchased this game for my personal computer. It keeps crashing my display driver (up to date) and I don't know why.

NaDy posted:

Yeah it's weird because it doesn't happen regularly. I'll load it up, get in a game then it crashes instantly, load it up again and it doesn't happen again for another 2 hours. Just annoying really.

Sorry for the thread necro, but I've had this happening to me since BLOPS 2, and may have figured it out found the answer on google and appear to have fixed it just last night and wanted to share in the success.

My problem was an obscure windows power saving setting that shouldn't even exist on desktops, as it appears to mandate how long a laptop's display takes to turn back on from sleep mode after you open it. On desktops it does nothing but crash the gently caress out of resource hogs. Turn it off this way: Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power options > Click 'Change Plan Settings' on your already selected power plan > 'Change Advanced Power Settings' > Find and Expand 'PCI Express' > Expand 'Link State Power Management' and turn it off apply, exit, and playtest.

There are multiple other possible causes and solutions for this (found here), but they're all the standard stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread