Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Here's a picture of a dog wearing rabbit ears with a carrot in its mouth:

Here's why I'll keep buying Call of Duty games on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The Gunslinger posted:

The last CoD game I played was World at War which had community servers and other poo poo. My buddy wants to pick this up but I've heard those are pretty much gone and never coming back, true? I really have no desire to be using "matchmaking" in a PC game.

The game was "supposed" to have dedicated servers (in some form).

But that never materialized.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

So is the PC multiplayer bad because it's bad or is it bad because of connectivity issues

More bad because connectivity issues.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

19 posts and counting guys we can do it!!!!!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

Um

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

Wait shut up.

Actually it's about ethics, zwdzk.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

No its about a bunch of assholes on both sides of the "debate" acting like children and trying to destroy an industry.

Please shut the gently caress up forever.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DrPaper posted:

What is the often length between a new CoD release and it's first steam sale?

It's between now and never, ever.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Hey guys whats your favorite kill streaks?

Remote turret.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

You're a loving idiot that killstreak sucks.

b-but the automated turret is real good ok

Antoine Silvere posted:

this game is really good

at making me wish i was playing Titanfall instead

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

I can run MW3, BF3 silky smooth. I also ran the bf4 beta silky smooth as well.

And I think I have a higher RAM version of the gtx260, which from my understanding gives me better performance in Maya. So I'm not even sure upgrading my graphics card just to run dx11 would even improve Maya viewport speed because I remember reading when I was purchasing my computer a few years ago that its totally dependent on GPU RAM or some poo poo like that.

MW3 came out in like 2011 or some poo poo please stop complaining about a new video game not being able to run on your old rear end computer.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

I think consoles are better suited for you. (Hint: Its because you're an idiot).

Gonna go a step further and say no video games at all ever are better suited for him.

Because only a mentally ill person writes something like this:

quote:

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

Oh god I can get this game for 40 bucks on G2A and I have 5 minutes left

Do it if you like a nice nugget of good multiplayer covered in poo poo that has host migration.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

Wait, was that facetious?

No. Because Titanfall for what faults it had (campaign) had things that were done correctly (servers, general pace and gameplay).

Titanfall is largely a good game.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Last King posted:

is anyone able to invite into the advanced goonfare steam group? been idling for a while now and also sent you an invite dreffen but no luck getting in? wanna play with some goons...

Sorry! I've been back and forth a bunch so I didn't catch my friends list. Sent you an invite just now, though.

e: Made it public for now in case I muck up and miss anyone else.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ethanol posted:

I open this thread constantly hoping people are talking about+playing call of duty 1

Call of Duty started becoming bad when it started coming out on consoles.

Coincidence??????????????

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

All these SUPER WRONG OPINIONS about remote turret!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Lol no

edit: Apparently some patch just went live, someone find patch notes.

Patch notes lowered the diamond camo requirements which is all I can see so far.

In other words: Still got connection problems?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

afkmacro posted:

I hope it's hacks.

In some certain cases it might as well be.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Shenanigans happening tonight

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

Any chance CoD returns to the WW2 setting or are we all stuck with shooting non-white people and aliens?

Next game focuses on killing gamergate supporters. Please look forward to it.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Secrets out, use the remote turret with rippable, high energy, and support before it is patched out for a good time.

ITS SO GOD drat GOOD.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Sappo569 posted:

Had one game where the lag was unbearable, 2 second delay when typing so you can imagine how great the bullet lag was

The game after that was much better though

I know it's kind of a joke but how accurate is the little ping meter, it always seems to be yellow or red for most of the scoreboard whenever I look, obviously not working properly

I'm pretty sure it's a 100% random because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Woohoo posted:

In MP, you still get desynchronizing lockup, 2-minute freezes in random menus, textures on characters still look like smeared poo poo (even on high texture settings)

I mean, you might. I certainly don't have these problems.

• Locked thread