Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
It's 10:30 here so I hope I made it in time. Also I think only made a total of 5 posts in the last 6 months, it's been so crazy busy here that I haven't had time for forums posting. :ohdear:

NA only please, I'm a poor grad student.

Indy and I will be visiting family for the holidays, and as such you will get to spoil not just one, but FOUR cats (mine, my mom's, and my sister's). Pictures are from past PISSes!

Indy is very treat- and toy-driven. She loves Da Bird (we would love refills as she rapidly murders them), jingly balls, poofy balls, plastic springs, and ping-pong balls. In other words, she'll go crazy over pretty much any toy she can chase or bat around. For treats her favorites are Natural Temptations and Greenies, especially fish flavors. I've tried giving her higher-quality treats and she doesn't like them as much, of course. She doesn't respond to catnip.

Shya (mom's cat) is a slightly unhinged alpha tortie who loves hunting string toys. Unfortunately she also likes eating string toys, so the string has to be on the thicker side (the Da Bird string is too thin, for instance). Shya loves catnip.

Midnight (mom's cat) is the chill laid back sidekick to Shya's high-strung neuroticism. She loves chilling with her people and trying to eat your table scraps. She also loves catnip (as pictured). Midnight doesn't play with toys much but will appreciate any treats. She does like soft toys she can gather into carefully curated piles in the middle of the night.

Mikey (sister's cat) is an overgrown baby who enjoys wrestling and chasing the other cats. They don't return the sentiment. Mikey likes toys he can kick the poo poo out of and soft poofball toys he can carry around. He goes nuts for bonito flakes.

In general, please don't send food because Indy and Shya are on diets, and nothing large or heavy as I have to take it back on the plane with me. A donation in their names to one of our local shelters (Berkeley Animal Care Services, Pima Humane Society) would be absolutely lovely. And homemade stuff is awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

daggerdragon posted:

While we :f5: waiting for SaNChEzZ:

:siren: Robo Kitty :siren:

Oh, hmm! Well, chocolate is an obvious favorite. She likes peanutbutter cups and I like anything that doesn't have peanutbutter in it. We're both teachers (she teaches elementary school, I teach college students, in practice it's not that different) so office supplies like comfy grip pens in different colors are always good. We also both like crossword puzzles and similar homebody activities. We're big tea drinkers.

Also, my sister is a teenage girl and thus hates everything. Except for Green Day.

Please, please do not send us Green Day.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

daggerdragon posted:

:siren: ATTENTION Robo Kitty :siren:
Your package should arrive Christmas eve. When you get it, put the package in the center of whatever room the cats are in so that they may investigate it themselves BECAUSE REASONS.

:dance: It's impossible to open any boxes without Indy's "help", so rest assured there will be a full box investigation.

Meanwhile, my PISSee's box won't arrive until after Christmas because the USPS decided to send a box destined to the midwest all the way from the west coast to the east coast first. :confused:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Yay, I'm glad your girls liked the toys King Shibby! Hopefully at least some of the toys will hold up for a while.

I also got PISSed on on Christmas Eve! I finally got around to uploading some pictures. Sorry I'm so late in posting this.

Indy is the first to investigate, as usual.

Catshaming! Mikey is less than enthused.

More catshaming. We didn't try this on Shya because we value our lives.

Shya was lurking around the kitchen doorway, so I sprayed a feather with some catnip. Then she tried to eat the feather.

What is this squeaky thing?

A feather? Can I eat this?

The Cat Dancer was definitely the highlight of the box! These are all blurry because the cats were jumping and pouncing all over the place.

I also took a few videos, none of which came out very well. I think by this point the cats were a bit overwhelmed. http://youtu.be/6fxW9WyXqOg

There was so much stuff! The tea is awesome and we've already drank most of it, haha. The plum flavor is the best one, but they're all delicious.

It's amazing how much they love that Cat Dancer - if you pick it up they all appear out of nowhere and intensely stare at you until you play with them. Mikey's managed to reduce it to a little plastic skeleton but they're all still completely obsessed with it. Thank you Santa!

Robo Kitty fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 2, 2015

• Locked thread