Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Power Struggle in Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum (November 8th)

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv196776132

quote:

Card
Tiger Mask IV & Fuego vs. BUSHI & Mascara Dorada

Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)

Chase Owens (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger - NWA JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma), Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club ("Machine Gun" Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)

Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) - IWGP JR. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Taichi - IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

AJ Styles vs. Yoshitatsu

Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Hirooki Goto - NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata - IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

How to watch: iPPV on nicovideo (¥2000(US$ 17 and change)

How to order: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/102-japan/39692-how-to-order-dragon-gate-new-japan-pro-wrestling-ippvs-streaming

Alan4L posted:

1 - Sign up for a free account. You can Google translate the page to make it easier, but the registration is fairly standard so it's not really needed.

2 - Here's the page for the NJPW shows. It costs 1800 points for POWER STRUGGLE next weekend. 1 point = 1 yen. Here's the page for Dragon Gate. Tomorrows show is a littler pricier at 2160 points.

3 - Go here to buy points. If you get more than you need, you can use the leftover ones the next time.

4 - When you click on the points you want to buy, you'll be presented with several payment options. I selected Mastercard and it accepted my details with no problem. Depending on your bank, you may be taken through "secure payment" screens where you'd need to input your secure password. You might need to set this up with your bank if you don't have one. As you proceed, it's the gold buttons with Japanese writing that confirm each step (they grey button is cancel).

5 - Once you've bought your points, go to the show page of the show you want to buy. Click the big red button near the bottom:

How To Order Dragon Gate IPPVs

6 - That will confirm that you've bought the show with your points, and will confirm how many you have left.

7 - You have the ability now to watch live. If you want to "timeshift" it, simply hit the yellow button that says Timeshift which appears on the show page and where the show is listed in your account. This will allow you to watch on demand for a week or so after the event:

How To Order New Japan IPPVs

8 - To be sure you've done everything right, go here and whatever show you bought should be listed.

So, that's all there is to it. It really only took about three minutes for the whole process and it was very easy. Any questions? Contact me on Twitter.
Cheers!

He used DG as an example, but it's the same thing for NJPW. Worked fine for me and hehu for KopW, but other people had trouble getting their cards accepted so you're just gonna have to try and see.

I'm also happy to answer any q's in this thread, but if your card is rejected you're basically SOL as far as watching the PPV legit is concerned.

Ok, so why should I give a gently caress about a ppv on the road to the Dome that doesn't even have an IWGP title match???

The primary answer is the main event. Shinsuke and Shibata had a fantastic match in the G1, and those two having a main event title match in front of a hot Osaka crowd has the potential to be a late year contender for MOTY. I also have no loving clue who's going to win which is rare for a big NJPW match.

The NEVER and IWGP jr tag title matches also have the potential to be excellent. Yoshi Tatsu has his first match back in NJPW on the show and it'll be interesting to see how he does against a guy who's really been tearing it up in the ring lately.

Plus, Karl Anderson and Fale have both promised the unveiling of a new Bullet Club member on the show
If you're still not convinced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8evaGG96g

I mean, if that alone isn't enough to convince you to plunk down a little under $20 right now there's something seriously wrong with you.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If nothing else I'm very curious to see what Yoshi can do, considering I haven't seen him wrestle in about 5 years

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
I've never seen Yoshitatsu wrestle but I've heard he was p. good before he left NJPW?

Timesplitters/Redragon, Ishii/Goto and Shibata/Nakamura should be great, v. interested to see how the Owens/Liger match turns out too.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i could see Liger winning to give him one last run with a belt before he retires. if they were going to do that they should really just do it with the jr title though. it's not like it has any value right now anyway. whatever the case i'll be happy to see Liger doing long singles matches so long as they're not with NWA stiffs. he had a MOTYC with KUSHIDA on one of the BOSJ shows that nobody saw since it was a Samurai TV show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If Liger won would he possibly do some US indy dates with the title? Or do the NWA titles only get defended in Japan?

Not that I'd expect Liger to make the trip to the US, but I was shocked at how over he was with the ROH crowd. Apparently lots of people remember him from WCW or something, so he would be a good draw for a US tour I think.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

If Liger won would he possibly do some US indy dates with the title? Or do the NWA titles only get defended in Japan?

Not that I'd expect Liger to make the trip to the US, but I was shocked at how over he was with the ROH crowd. Apparently lots of people remember him from WCW or something, so he would be a good draw for a US tour I think.

I'm sure Liger'd be willing to do some dates, he seems to like working in the US. And the NWA tag team titles get defended in the states frequently regarding of who has them. Also pretty sure Kojima lost the world title to Conway in Vegas.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I finally got NicoNico to work my credit cards so I'm on this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, NWA titles do get defended in the confederation of tiny indies that make up the modern NWA and I bet Liger wins because I'm sure Tharpe would love to have him as a draw.

Oh, and I should've specified that being Japan this is sadly at 3 AM and not PM for EST.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

triplexpac posted:

I was shocked at how over he was with the ROH crowd. Apparently lots of people remember him from WCW or something
Or anything else he's done during the last 30 years.

There really isn't anyone else still active that comes even close to the impact Liger's had on junior heavyweight wrestling during the last 30 years. He absolutely earned to be over as gently caress wherever he goes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Illinois Smith posted:

There really isn't anyone else still active that comes even close to the impact Liger's had on junior heavyweight wrestling during the last 30 years. He absolutely earned to be over as gently caress wherever he goes.

Well yeah, but I'm just trying to think of a reason why Liger would be really over with a North American crowd when guys like Tanahashi or Okada weren't even close (at the event I went to anyway)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Illinois Smith posted:

I'd argue Gran Hamada over Liger, but regardless it'll be really awesome if Liger got a Golden Watch reign with the NWA Jr belt.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

For some reason I thought it was Yoshitatsu vs Jarrett. Definitely watching this now that it has two must see matches on it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Only an hour away now! hyped, and I should be able to stay up since I crashed early.

Had no problem buying show, but buy points at this link instead.

http://point.nicovideo.jp/index/purchase/

Thauros fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 8, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Uh, first match is on now!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
tiger mask go home

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

first one must've been considered a dark match, since the timer's counting down and it's back to a starting soon type screen.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
bucks ring gear is incredible

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

crowd sounds great and i know it's another sellout

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

home just in time for the first real match

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

lol those hugging spots owned

edit: the bucks are so good at being assholes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that was the most young bucks poo poo ever

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

oatgan posted:

that was the most young bucks poo poo ever

real good though, good mixture of comedy/spots

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

lol those hugging spots owned

edit: the bucks are so good at being assholes

yeah, and it's nice to see them in a place where they can still kinda be heels. match was a cool opener, three way made it seem a little fresher and the jr tag stuff is always solid.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
my eyes glaze over during jr tag matches

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

toru yano is unacceptable looking

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NWA Flag!

gently caress this dubbed theme that makes it hard to hear Tharpe-desu.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 8, 2014

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Please get revenge Bruce Tharpe.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The Indiest Wrestler.

If only he'd spell his name Chayse Ohwenx

@davemeltzerWON posted:

Is he Ryback's little brother? The Little Guy.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 8, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i like this chase owens guy, he's got great heel mannerisms

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Jushin Liger, your new NWA champ ladies & gents

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

that was fun and owens was decent for an nwa schlub, but i wish we could hear the pop when liger won :(

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
GOOD BYE BRUCE THARPE GOOD BYE

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
GUUD BAI BRUSU SARPU DESU!!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
that was really loving good. whenever given the chance Liger shows he can still go in big matches. once again i urge anyone who didnt see it to watch his BOSJ match vs KUSHIDA. anyway i thought that was pretty much a carry job but Owens did have moments; i liked his wobbly legged selling after Liger got the knees up. his elbows sucked though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

that was really loving good. whenever given the chance Liger shows he can still go in big matches. once again i urge anyone who didnt see it to watch his BOSJ match vs KUSHIDA. anyway i thought that was pretty much a carry job but Owens did have moments; i liked his wobbly legged selling after Liger got the knees up. his elbows sucked though.

yeah that match with KUSHIDA was fantastic.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
naitooo~

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BC left their jobber at home and both captain and Honma are on the face squad, gee I wonder who's winning this?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SCREW YOU JAPANESE!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want a rocket strapped to kushida's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Booy Fish sure yells a lot.

• Locked thread