Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Just got home in time to hear a British guy gushing over Anthony Perosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Food Court Druid posted:

We all are

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

Marching Powder posted:

perosh is really loving good at jiu jitsu dude

If you can't beat Perosh, who freaking Ryan Jimmo was able to KO in less than 10 seconds chances are you cannot hack it as a "top prospect" in the UFC. I like Perosh but that is a case of a guy who can't be ufc level.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Food Court Druid posted:

who's been giving out the url to my webcam stream? its supposed to be private you jerks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

If you can't beat Perosh, who freaking Ryan Jimmo was able to KO in less than 10 seconds chances are you cannot hack it as a "top prospect" in the UFC. I like Perosh but that is a case of a guy who can't be ufc level.

He's brazillian I'm sure he'll have an excuse.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

who's been giving out the url to my webcam stream? its supposed to be private you jerks

lol

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

BlindSite posted:

He's brazillian I'm sure he'll have an excuse.

Opponent was too old fight does not count

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Opponent was too old fight does not count

we were doing so well too

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Further proof MMA media and UFC rankings A Joke ... Pearson isn't in top 15

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's the bustamante look, it's ageless

MMA beauty tips, when you are Anthony Perosh hiding your huge jowls with a thick beard can take 5-10 years off your facial appearance

e:
^^^

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

don't forget his nonsensical split decision loss to Diego Sanchez

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Who would you replace on that list? Nate, I guess.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

nate is fighting rda soon and that's going to own

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
it would be really funny if bisping beat rockhold

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

nate is fighting rda soon and that's going to own

Based solely on inactivity and yes, that fight is going to be sick.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i havent given any thought about it, but i pick bisping to win, cause why not

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mean Bean Machine posted:

it would be really funny if bisping beat rockhold

i just absolutely cannot see this happening. rockhold is just better at everything bisping's good at and bisping doesn't have the power to switch the tables with a good shot

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Iirc Jake Matthews owns.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I mostly remember Vagner Rocha from the time he fought Donald Cerrone. A short time into the fight Cowboy realized that Vagner didn't know what to do about leg kicks and he just kicked the poo poo out of his legs until he won a decision. He almost certainly could have finished that fight but it was like he was overtaken by a Maldonado-esque sadistic glee or else trying for a leg-kick TKO.

Maybe Vagner Rocha has improved during his spell in the B-league, although his shadowboxing wouldn't indicate it.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

i just absolutely cannot see this happening. rockhold is just better at everything bisping's good at and bisping doesn't have the power to switch the tables with a good shot

dunno, does rockhold really have better boxing? He certainly wont be able to take bisping down.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Rankings are junk and don't account for the fact that he basically beat Diego. I shouldn't have brought it up but he should be at least in the 13-15 range.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Marching Powder posted:

yeah but it would be funny imo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ferrero Rocha

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Florida to Australia has to suck big time.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Stoven posted:

dunno, does rockhold really have better boxing? He certainly wont be able to take bisping down.

Bisping's hands might be better but it's possible that Rockhold has a better overall striking game with his kicks. He savaged Costa Philippou with kicks. They're actually kind of similar fighters because they both have outstanding cardio, good takedown defense, and so-so striking.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

EvanSchenck posted:

I mostly remember Vagner Rocha from the time he fought Donald Cerrone. A short time into the fight Cowboy realized that Vagner didn't know what to do about leg kicks and he just kicked the poo poo out of his legs until he won a decision. He almost certainly could have finished that fight but it was like he was overtaken by a Maldonado-esque sadistic glee or else trying for a leg-kick TKO.

Maybe Vagner Rocha has improved during his spell in the B-league, although his shadowboxing wouldn't indicate it.

I was at that event live, so of course it's like the one fight Cerrone has ever had that was kind of lame and boring.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

I was at that event live, so of course it's like the one fight Cerrone has ever had that was kind of lame and boring.

It looks like this kid might have watched tape because he's going to the leg kick early, often, and heavy.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

EvanSchenck posted:

Bisping's hands might be better but it's possible that Rockhold has a better overall striking game with his kicks. He savaged Costa Philippou with kicks. They're actually kind of similar fighters because they both have outstanding cardio, good takedown defense, and so-so striking.

Not that I don't hate Bisping but give the guy his due, he's a smart fighter. He's not likely to get baited into a style of fighting he can't win, and he usually has a pretty good basic gameplan. I honestly have no idea who is going to win and think it's crazy to be counting either guy out.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

Rockhold is noticeably better at everything than Bisping but not, like miles better or a class above. They both have the cardio to go 25 minutes; the question is can Bisping make Rockhold fight at a faster pace than Rockhold is accustomed to going 25 minutes at. If he can't, Rockhold will win easily; if he can, Bisping could do his usual thing of wearing him down till he can barely raise his arms and Bisping is pelting him in the later rounds.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Rockhold is noticeably better at everything than Bisping but not, like miles better or a class above. They both have the cardio to go 25 minutes; the question is can Bisping make Rockhold fight at a faster pace than Rockhold is accustomed to going 25 minutes at. If he can't, Rockhold will win easily; if he can, Bisping could do his usual thing of wearing him down till he can barely raise his arms and Bisping is pelting him in the later rounds.

that's a really good point about bisping's potential to wear rockhold down, but i think that rockhold could easily win the first three and get his hand raised regardless of how the 5th looks. i'd like to be wrong, i'd like it to be a cool close fight to end an amazing card.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
aww mate

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

fatherdog posted:

Bisping is a 3.75 dog. Seems about right. Also don't see the fight going the distance.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This is the best card.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

buff bieber won!

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
this card is a dream

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
what in the gently caress got into this card

it's been way way better than it had any right to be

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this loving card

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

K8.0 posted:

Not that I don't hate Bisping but give the guy his due, he's a smart fighter. He's not likely to get baited into a style of fighting he can't win, and he usually has a pretty good basic gameplan. I honestly have no idea who is going to win and think it's crazy to be counting either guy out.

I think the body kicks will be the thing to watch. Bisping took some nasty damage there from the Cung Le, and Rockhold wrecked Costa Philippou with them. Like Le, Rockhold is southpaw, so the body kick is there.

nice drat finish to that fight btw

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

what in the gently caress got into this card

it's been way way better than it had any right to be

this describes 2014, imo.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
so UFC Sydney is essentially All Violence All The Time, and that's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

UFC 1 never die.

• Locked thread