Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you're having issues in normal there is no loving way you're doing mythic but there's still a dedicated group of retards who think "yeah i'm ready for the highest difficulty" and then stand under a rock that they had a full minute to move out from under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

sword_man.xmas posted:

if you're having issues in normal there is no loving way you're doing mythic but there's still a dedicated group of retards who think "yeah i'm ready for the highest difficulty" and then stand under a rock that they had a full minute to move out from under

Honestly, normal isn't the total joke it was in Siege (at least, from what I remember of Siege), but I agree with the rest of your statement.

In my group there were a bunch of people who claimed they had no idea when Ko'ragh was about to do his charge. There's two very obvious visual indicators, and that's not counting boss mods.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Spent 2 hours wiping on Mar'gok because people are retarded. Got him down to 24% which shouldn't even be hard, but only me and 3 other dps pull over 18k on average (not including burst damage) so it's just a grueling slog all the way till phase 4. :whitewater:

... Are you in my guild?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shadowlyger posted:

... Are you in my guild?

Do you play on Mannoroth Alliance because if so, probably.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you play on Mannoroth Alliance because if so, probably.

Well no, but your day seems to have been a perfect mirror of mine.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

So I spent yesterday desperately gearing my resto druid up. I'm actually having a good bit of fun healing 5mans. Tonight I'll do my first raid as resto. I hope it goes well.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
You're gonna be like 40% overheal and probably have some mana issues and still be near the top of the charts

Use tranquility often, its a shortish CD now

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It went pretty well. We actually have some decent healers so I didn't dominate or anything. I got a good amount of gear though and now I'm 640 on my druid, higher than my monk. We had a few good attempts at Ko'ragh but people are still failing at every mechanic.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just saw they removed Gyth from UBRS. gently caress that, why would you remove the best Dragon? In fact the only Dragon NPC in the game with that pink color.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
proto drakes are cooler in every concievable way

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Eox posted:

proto drakes are cooler in every concievable way

No, Gyth was like the classic style EQ awkward weird dragon with strange colors. The game loses part of it's history if it does away with stuff like that. Like Eisner paving over parts of Disney World, you lose a lot of charm by tossing stuff like that.

But I digress I just got the Experiment 12-B from soloing Dragon Soul, so Gyth will now be with me forever.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
wat class should i use my boost on, i have a lvl 100 horde mage so i want an alliance side. what melee classes own?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Robo Turnus posted:

wat class should i use my boost on, i have a lvl 100 horde mage so i want an alliance side. what melee classes own?

Death Knight can kill and solo anything.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
DK is still broken in the ways its always been broken

Warrior is in kind of a sad place right now but I don't play one and that's an opinion based on massive gchat whining and forum posts

Cat druid is fun in nagrand, stealth movement at epic mount+ speed is cool. Night elves have shadowmeld which works like a dollar store knockoff of vanish. The rotation with The Right Talents is super tight and unforgiving so if you don't want to run the risk of losing huge amounts of potential DPS over one misclick then maybe play something else. I play a cat but probably gonna go fulltime resto.

Ret is really easy and even with selfheals a little nerfed they're good at not dying. Clcret still worked last week, so it'll tell you what to press but even if you just mash buttons when they light up you'll do like 70% of simcraft.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
warrior is indeed kind of weak right now but it's still an absolute blast to play. you're a big angry ping pong ball that can take a hell of a beating before actually going down, and Rallying Cry is fantastic group utility (Especially with the glyph that gives you leech)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Robo Turnus posted:

Monk is pretty cool and you have a lot of buttons to push. It's the strongest DPS if played right. I'm a little worried about the longterm viability of the class though because Blizzard is still figuring out what they want to do with it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I'm a little worried about the longterm viability of the class though because Blizzard is still figuring out what they want to do with it.

This is like nearly every class since the game started in 2004.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Spriests are down to like pre wotlk poo poo tier dps. Why do I even play this game

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BrettRobb posted:

Spriests are down to like pre wotlk poo poo tier dps. Why do I even play this game

I gave the raids a shot and there's nothing but a ton of RP and really nothing grand or awe inspiring.

like there's nothing like Ulduar or ICC that made it feel like it was something special. They could have been 5 mans.

I've spent most of the time just flying around.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Demonology is a weird loving spec now. I also got the glyph that just lets you grow wings instead of turning into a demon when using metamorph and they're purple instead of green. :whitewater:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The only time I had fun as Demonology was that bit where it was overpowered at the start of Cata and even then only on AoE fights. I just don't find it very interesting or enjoyable to play.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm mostly just tired of destro, and I don't want to go affliction because I need to show off my green fire like a child, the title isn't enough....

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Whats this theorycraft bullshit about hunters not using pets in order to do optimal DPS?

Pets are vital to hunters because they sure as gently caress have nothing else going for them other than being able to tame a ton of interesting creatures.

Like seriously it's not hard to make a good pet class in a videogame. But they always seem to gently caress it up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

taint reaped again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously I read all the hunter changes because I figured taming a triceratops would be cool but there's like a billion bullshit steps before and after you get the triceratops.

The book to teach the hunter the skill to train the triceratops is a rare drop and they still have bullshit playstyles with damage rotations. Like why is a book even a rare drop when all the other pets you can just tame?

damage rotations should not even exist, Monster Hunter has none of this poo poo nor Diablo 3. Like WoW is the only game that uses damage rotations and they're such poorly implemented to begin with.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 21, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

BrettRobb posted:

Are you doing Clarity of Power dotweaving? If not, do Clarity of Power dotweaving or stop doing SPriest. For your own sanity.

E: I did like 35% more damage as soon as I started doing it right. You basically have to do Clarity of Power and dotweave as an SPriest right now.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 21, 2014

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, even though almost no encounter is viable for it besides the patchwork one.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This, you have to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGWCPtCuJmM

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

BrettRobb posted:

Yes, even though almost no encounter is viable for it besides the patchwork one.
It's hard but at least it's channels, instants, and pretty fast casts. The really important part is the MB, plague, insanity bit.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It's still silly though.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Why does TR even post in this thread anymore.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

TR still posts in this thread? I think I might be getting a little too good at this filtering thing.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
tr does not respect gaming

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hey imps! I finally got the pixels from MC!

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

wtf is your cursor doing

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Delete all your mods and install elvui

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got a heroic quality ring from a garrison mission. :cheers:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
rly want to get my DK + Ele Sham to 100 but gently caress man i hate redoing zones and stuff once i've done them on one character

at least i'll get to rebuild my garrison and stuff + I loved recruiting new followers tryna get that epic quality proc

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

bonermobile posted:

wtf is your cursor doing
That's not mine and I just noticed that hah

Tiger Millionaire posted:

rly want to get my DK + Ele Sham to 100 but gently caress man i hate redoing zones and stuff once i've done them on one character

at least i'll get to rebuild my garrison and stuff + I loved recruiting new followers tryna get that epic quality proc
Draenor questing is fun enough that I haven't minded too much past Frostfire Ridge. For some reason ridge seems to drag towards the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just stock up on the 20% xp potions from your garrison.

• Locked thread