Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just stock up on the 20% xp potions from your garrison.

:eyepop:
this is some pro rear end advice that i didnt think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just stock up on the 20% xp potions from your garrison.

100 garrison resources per? Too rich for my alts.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
How long do they last that shits cheap

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

1 hour

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

So we beat Ko'ragh finally. Tried some heroic stuff because people didn't want to even attempt Imp. Got ruined. I'm still having a decent time but the weak links of this guild are really starting to show.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How far in Heroic did you guys get.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How far in Heroic did you guys get.

We've only killed Kargath. Tried Butcher and Bracken, both of which went pretty poorly. Butcher we just don't have enough dps, Bracken we don't have enough DPS and our flame throwers need improvement. My friend (who is in a 7/7h guild) joined in for fun and gave us some pointers, but it remains to be seen if we'll follow his advice. People need to really work on their raid awareness and actually have some idea what the bosses do because I see people dying to easily preventable stuff and it's frustrating. Also it sucks when people just stand in stuff on Normal modes because I have to heal them and it builds bad habits.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Don't heal them and complain about it publicly. Say don't stand in poop on vent, then start naming names once people start dropping, and after you wipe explain in excruciating detail that keeping everyone topped off is already hard enough without them loving up. They won't listen but threaten to whine even more if they keep doing poorly. The diva stereotype exists because healers are raid mommies, tanks are raid daddies, and the DPS are all of your special beautiful little boys with no concept of respect or responsibility.

OTOH dealing with crises and dealing with hectic situations is good practice and really shows who's an ace healer and who is just along for the ride, but it really shouldn't take all-stars to deal with the butcher three weeks since release

"get out of the fire or get out of my raid" carried us through pandaria and continues to serve us well.

I'm a turbonerd and our team takes fun too seriously so YMMV and this is all probably bad advice

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

thuly posted:

Don't heal them and complain about it publicly. Say don't stand in poop on vent, then start naming names once people start dropping, and after you wipe explain in excruciating detail that keeping everyone topped off is already hard enough without them loving up. They won't listen but threaten to whine even more if they keep doing poorly. The diva stereotype exists because healers are raid mommies, tanks are raid daddies, and the DPS are all of your special beautiful little boys with no concept of respect or responsibility.

OTOH dealing with crises and dealing with hectic situations is good practice and really shows who's an ace healer and who is just along for the ride, but it really shouldn't take all-stars to deal with the butcher three weeks since release

"get out of the fire or get out of my raid" carried us through pandaria and continues to serve us well.

I'm a turbonerd and our team takes fun too seriously so YMMV and this is all probably bad advice

I've tried bringing it up publicly a few times but it usually goes poorly. We had several people who would routinely stand in Ko'ragh's charge just so they could finish casting their shadowbolt or whatever for slightly more dps, and that does a pretty good bit of damage even on normal. Without calling anyone out I was just like "Guys, we need to stop getting hit by this, it's telegraphed and easily preventable", and even that got a few people a little worked up and had to be diffused by an officer (who agreed with me 100% but had to do damage control). On Bracken we have this ele shaman doing flamethrowers and he just absolutely cannot do it. Despite this being his like third week on flamethrower duty he still runs away during infesting spores so nobody can heal him, fails to adequately handle the moss, at least once ate one of Bracken's conal attacks, and doesn't even do good dps. I called him out a few times when he kept dying during spores but it's tough. I'm still new in this guild and I don't want to step on anybodies toes or anything but at the same time, like you said, the butcher heroic (aka old normal) should not be an insurmountable barrier to us 3 weeks into raiding.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Ouch

Our dps have learned that if we're getting the "we love you but we don't like you very much right now" speech that we have hosed up past the line

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

We also had someone who was still using Siege of Orgrimmar trinkets. Seriously. I have a full time job and I still managed to get a character from 90 to 100 and sufficiently geared for raiding in less than a week. It's been over a month since the expansion launched. It's cool if you want to play casually and everything, but do that on your own time.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silver Striker posted:

We also had someone who was still using Siege of Orgrimmar trinkets. Seriously. I have a full time job and I still managed to get a character from 90 to 100 and sufficiently geared for raiding in less than a week. It's been over a month since the expansion launched. It's cool if you want to play casually and everything, but do that on your own time.

m8 there comes a point where you gotta grow a pair about this poo poo and point that out because holy gently caress

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i guess "grow a pair" might be kinda harsh but you can't really waffle about it, it's gotta be "this poo poo improves or some people walk" because at you point nobodys gonna be having fun

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Yeah I know. I was really just looking for any guild after my friend's guild refused me but this isn't going so well. I still think it's salvagable and some of the people in this guild are actually nice and cool people so I'm going to try and improve things as long as I can.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

it ain't worth it man trust me

if you don't have any connection to the guild i'd just leave

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm in 630 gear and feeling totally under geared compared to most people in my guild. Where are these jerks getting gear we are doing the same raids.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

clear heroic trash and make 640s with your profession.

Also buy boe's off AH.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I've gotten most my gear from garrison missions. I have no idea how. You can not be at least 640 ish

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Even if you don't have a production profession I think you can still have prof buildings make the mats then just hand the mats over to a NPC in the building and have him make the thing.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I'm in 630 gear and feeling totally under geared compared to most people in my guild. Where are these jerks getting gear we are doing the same raids.

Honestly? Do CMs as often as you can (clearing it at all nets you a randomly generated piece of 640 loot), do LFR (it's super easy and painless now and this is coming from someone who used to hate it. you can have it done in like 30minutes per wing, and you have a good shot at 640 loot), Do world bosses (once per week, respawn timer is like 15-30 minutes I've read. Taint Reaper lies and says they're like a day but him lying is news to nobody. 650). Crafted stuff is cheap now, usually about 5k or so.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm apparently on my guild's loot council now. I can't wait for people to passive aggressively whisper me when they don't get what they want.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm apparently on my guild's loot council now. I can't wait for people to passive aggressively whisper me when they don't get what they want.

Your only response should be copy pastes from dps meters

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

our dps charts own, only me and like 3 people can do above 16k

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Out of how many deeps?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

Honestly? Do CMs as often as you can (clearing it at all nets you a randomly generated piece of 640 loot), do LFR (it's super easy and painless now and this is coming from someone who used to hate it. you can have it done in like 30minutes per wing, and you have a good shot at 640 loot), Do world bosses (once per week, respawn timer is like 15-30 minutes I've read. Taint Reaper lies and says they're like a day but him lying is news to nobody. 650). Crafted stuff is cheap now, usually about 5k or so.

The world bosses who drop mounts have an ungodly high respawn timer. That's the only ones I cared about.

quote:

Nakk just died on Silvermoon EU at 1:45am server time 21/11/14. It was 21-22hrs since the server reset the previous morning at 5am servertime. He spawned at the 62.15 location east of Ring of Blood. However due to server issues plagueing Blizz atm larger realms are having their zones phased in order to keep lag down and spread the amount of players. Its something to keep in mind if you're on a similar realm like Argent Dawn or Twisting Nether, even if you camp Nakk from the 15hr to 30hr+ mark you may not even be in the correct phasing.
This is what happened with the group I was camping with, he spawned right on top of us in a different phasing of Nagrand. Some players in correct phase managed to spam invite others in the panic but the majority got rightly screwed after 5hrs+ camping.

quote:

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Rough spawn time, ~27 hours. Last kill on Thrall was officially 2AM yesterday, he spawned at exactly 5AM server time tonight and was dead by 5:05AM.

He spawned directly North of the Riverside Post flightpath in Nagrand. (55,35) with 4.79M Base Health.

Picture proof: imgur.com/5Ao5kVG

The biggest issue we ran into when fighting him was:

We camped for 7 hours in a RAID GROUP. With the new implementation of raid group phasing in WoD if you camp in a raid group Nakk could technically spawn in the normal zone instance, causing none of you to see him. I dropped raid group to check and sure enough I phased over and he was there. I engaged him in combat and began to rapidly spam General chat and invite people from the raid group to MY group. This successfully crossed them over and allowed them to attack, though when combat ended and they phased back some were not able to loot their mount quickly enough. It is unknown whether or not it will be sent to their mail, but most have submitted tickets. Please be kind and courteous when farming these mounts, it's pretty disheartening to be 100 yards from the rare and watching it die because someone gains satisfaction from ruining the experience for you.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 24, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I finally did it. I reaped the reaper.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I finally did it. I reaped the reaper.

Sir/Madam/Undecided I am many things, a thief, a rapscallion, a scoundrel, but I am not a liar.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everyone was drunk tonight in raid and did things like chain BoP the tanks and running around.

and we somehow shaved 1-2 mins off each our records. I dunno how to feel about this.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Silver Striker posted:

I was told that warrior tanks are bad at cm. Or is that just if you want gold? I just need to find some suckers willing to die in cm with me.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

I was told that warrior tanks are bad at cm. Or is that just if you want gold? I just need to find some suckers willing to die in cm with me.

if you're reading the warrior thread in wow:gs some of them are overreacting crybabies

warriors aren't good if you want gold, yes, but they can do cms just fine

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

They might not be the best for gold, but CMs aren't that bad if you're just aiming for a clear and not anything specific. You just have to be more mindful of enemy abilities and more conscious of your own abilities. Things like party comp matter more than any specific class - if you bring 3 melee to some of the CMs you're going to have a rougher time.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Grimrail and ubrs with 3 melee are sadness made manifest

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Did some attempts at Heroic Bracken. We almost had him down. I'm a lot more satisfied with this raid. I got some decent loot, too. One of our DPS was being a baby complaining about having to spend time actually learning content and not just facerolling in normal, and I was impressed because our raid leader basically told him to gently caress off and gkicked him. That guy was a moron anyway. Maybe I'm just dead inside but I've done so much worse progression fights than Heroic Bracken... I raided in FF14 and Twintania at 2.0 was a nightmare. 10+ minute fight that is super repetitive and full of specific dps/healer check phases so you have to pay attention the whole time. gently caress that fight.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You mean you didn't like someone lagging or trying to get one final cast off during Twisters and loving everyone over?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You mean you didn't like someone lagging or trying to get one final cast off during Twisters and loving everyone over?

We never even got to Twisters. I had to swap mains to a higher DPS job (because nobody else would) and start running a parser to crack down on people just for us to get to snakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Man. My work hours are so dumb I can never raid this is poo poo.

• Locked thread