Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah i did by accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
No i really loving regret it

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

BrettRobb posted:

Is this a Diablo or a wow expansion? The games are completely indistinguishable at this point

????????????????????????????????

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
im not even level 91 yet and i just logged out in the boring loving looking snow zone where i was sent on a quest to kill some ogres or something. the garrison system sucks there are too many buildings that you need and only a limited amount of plots to use.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I mean are all the cool folks on Moon Guard.

Yea but the servers are hosed and theres usually a big queue, but from what i understand its the same way on every server..

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i did the frostfire ridge zone and it sucked the entire way through and the writing is really bad (nothing new there).. the garrisons are neat and do a lot of cool stuff but its super fuckin lame that a lot of it is limited behind restricted buildings and you can only have two out of the six or eight and you end up missing out on features that would otherwise be available to you

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Silver Striker posted:

I think this is preferable to just being able to do everything.

in an expansion that's already lacking on content across the board i don't think its a good idea to completely restrict content from players.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bonzi you should give up now because it doesn't get any better at endgame. Endgame is honestly some of the worst poo poo out there now. You have to do the same content 3-4 times a week in order to get maxed and a ton of the achievements are bullshit locked behind needing to run the same content 3-4 times a week. They don't directly say it int he achievements themselves but to get the raw numbers you do, the raiding decisions for WOD are more boneheaded than when Cataclysm launched. Honestly achievements were fun to get extra vanity poo poo, but now all fun things are locked behind serious hours of work you need to pour into the game.

i dont think i'll make it to 100 anyways

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im kind of warming up to it but theres still a lot of things about world of warcraft that really bother me, i think final fantasy has spoiled me in a lot of ways. After my 30 days are up i think im just going to go back to final fantasy, as that's what all my friends play.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

I'm thinking of getting FF14

its pretty rad and there is tons of stuff to do other than sitting in orgrimmarwarspear and waiting for a queue to pop

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
ff14 is designed so pretty much any content is always relevant, you can always play with low level friends cause it scales your level down to help them out with FATEs and dungeons and stuff, max level players have a reason to go back and help their friends to do low level content. There's no "bags" or looting, there's no junk grey items, you just have a massive inventory and if something drops it automatically is given to you, there's no fighting over quest mobs, or bullshit farming quests where you have to farm quest monsters for an item that only has a chance to drop, there's no bullshit devs constantly changing core class mechanics every patch and totally changing how your class plays, or artifically increasing the difficulty of things by making them super grindy and taking months to get. FF14 also already had an equivalent to garrison missions and it's still better, it even has player housing which is awesome, and even provides a lot of functionality. it also looks way better and is super anime. theres a lot of other reasons why it's better designed than WoW but i cant think of them off the top of my head. they'll probably come back to me the more i play draenor.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've heard the world isn't one big area and it's EQ style of loading every single place behind a screen.

all the zones are connected but yeah, there's loading screens between zones because it's still on PS3. When they remove PS3 support, they said they were gonna get rid of the loading screens

its kind of funny to get in a dungeon with someone playing on their ps3

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I got to level 100 and there is nothing to do.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Understand, NihilVerumNisiMors, I don't care if you do or don't play FFXIV.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Simoom posted:

yeah, my dead friend would be seriously pissed at me if he saw me playing some poo poo with bunny girls and pedophile lallafel garbage or whatever, because he was not mentally sick. im going to kill kargath bladefist and kilrogg and a lot of orcs for him.

There are no bunny girls, and your dead friend would be ashamed of you for making stuff up about a great MMO. Reported.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Concurred posted:

shadowmoon, grogrond and spires are 3 of the best zones in this game imo

What?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im a goblin on moon guard so add me,my name battletag is bonzibuddy#1979.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i dont understand why people get upset over spoilers in an MMO, in final fantasy 14 when a new patch came out with some new dungeons i explained the fight mechanics to a new group and they got really pissy at me for Spoiling The Fight.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I like the garrison stuff, i just unlocked the level 3 fishing post, now i can catch every single kind of draenor fish in my garrison lmfao.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i made the new blingtron

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
the draenor reps are a really lovely and pointless grind

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rexicon1 posted:

Lol at the wow addict calling me an anti gamer

Your the one killing games bro

Can someone ban this guy? Jesus christ.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im about to be exalted with frostwolf orcs, then i just need to hit exalted with the arakkoa outcasts and i can get my level 3 trading post.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I got exalted with steamwheedle preservation society and frostwolf orcs, now i just need arakkoa outcasts and i can get my level 3 trading post

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rexicon1 posted:

Who said I hate wow? I have tons of fond memories of it. I'm just kinda done with it and I'm disappointed by the path they've taken the game.

Your posts are bullshit and no one wants to read them. Get out before your permabanned..

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rexicon1 posted:

I still dont understand what it is about wow that makes people who play it fly off the hinge when it gets criticized. There are bad parts to wow that I dont like. Why does this affect you to your core? Perhaps a little introspection would help.

I dont care whether you like WoW or not, i just dont want to see you post here, ever again. Get the gently caress outa here before i do something i regret.. :bang:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rexicon1 posted:

You have got to be the most obnoxious poster on this entire forum. Maybe you should stop posting and go do your daily quests. I hear you have a lot of rep to grind.

stop posting you retard

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
You sound like a loving retard, if no one has yet conveyed to you the truth.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im going to bring Eric back, they banned him from goon squad malganis because the dumb rear end guild leader hated him but never told him why. He used to be an orc warrior but now hes making a comeback as a human paladin on malganis.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Can they only happen one time, then?

No

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I grinded frostwolf orcs to exalted and I got a whopping Two Iron horde invasions

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im leveling ahuman paladin named Eric so i can experience draenor by being an Alliance commander at the fore front of the darenor expedition.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah I guess it's kind of serving as a contrast between then and now. However now has bullshit like those ungodly rare spawn timers, garrison bullshit, and rep grinds that are not fun. I really thought those world boss guys would be up way more frequently but they're on like Time lost Protodrake timers. And I'm like "no I'm not going to camp something in the year 2014".

At least my private custom server removes all such nonsense.

Highmaul looks like something out of Crash bandicoot. I spent 2 hours dicking around with the assets in Maya, I made the best ogre fortress ever.

New Old Nagrand has some good parts like the forested area, and some iffy parts. Not sure how I like it. Flying around certainly does help.

your so loving strange lol

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I ran outta subscription time and I don't think I'm gonna resubscribe. See ya later everyone.

P.S. Anyone here in Goon Squad?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I logged on to battle net and i have 25 hours of game time for some reason.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
they are bad and even the cool new thing, gladiator stance, is getting nerfed because they dont like that everyone is using it. its like they dont understand that people dont want to play specs that are not fun to play. they keep completely changing how a class feels and plays, and their design philosophy of "nerf everything across the board to balance it and make it less fun" is Epic Fail. Well, thats just my two cents.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
stormwind looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Fargield posted:

Theres a dwarf shaman in my guild name "Dubstepsanta" I was in tears luahging so hard at his name

LOL!!! You owe me a new keyboard, sir!

• Locked thread