Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished this game 100% with a walkthrough for the stupid poo poo. I really liked the game but strongly question a couple of the design decision Fish made. Once one of them pops up I will bitch about it. I suspect the OP is going to say the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah. Fez dude was one of the guys in a cage.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^

I logged in every day for a couple weeks to finish that stupid POS...just so I could finish the drat game. Horrible, horrible design decision.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm wondering if anyone has ever finished this game without a walkthrough or hints of some sort. I ask because there is one puzzle in particular that is so needlessly obscure, I can't see how anyone would have figured it out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It stays the same all the way throughout. The things that aren't nice are game design decisions that are coming up.

Unless he is an autist, I'd not give it to a kid. You'll see why.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Milkman Cometh posted:

Bookmarked!

I've been hoping for a complete Fez LP for a while now.

Great user name.

No Gravitas posted:

I'm an autist and I did not like it later on either.

I just mean that in order to finish the game, the amount of really stupid poo poo you have to do is off the charts. Every puzzle does make its own internal sense but yeah. One of these updates will show, what I think, is the biggest flaw to the game, and then I will go in depth.

E: I'm waiting for the OP to explicitly point something out before commenting, though some LPers would have mentioned it by now.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 16, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

frozentreasure posted:

Wow, dude, one of the only rules I had and you still broke it.

He didn't say anything that was particularly spoilery unless you knew what he was talking about already. Dunno if that makes sense.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But this is a chill LP in like 50 chill parts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I dunno how I feel about this LP.

OP, you are posting short vids that are made even shorter by spending the last 20% of them doing nothing. You say chill a lot. And you ignore things on the screen that a viewer would/should notice. Do you have a plan or are you just kinda winging it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

frozentreasure posted:

Yes, the videos aren't overly long, and I said they wouldn't be that long at the start; this is because, like a lot of games, it's not that long when you go through it in an organised fashion. If I did videos lasting 30-60 minutes, we'd be at the ending by the next update. I don't do anything at the end for the same reason I don't say a whole lot: I'm trying to let the atmosphere of the game come through.

I think this is the problem. The attitude that there have to be a lot of videos to make a good LP. It doesn't matter as long as you present the content completely. Padding it out actually detracts and that is why you are getting a lot of guff. People who don't even know the game are saying "Hey, why are you ignoring all these things that I can see?"

I get wanting to show the atmosphere, but that happens on its own. Trying to force it is just padding. Three minutes at the end of videos of you swimming in one direction or watching the screen colors change is just masturbation.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did I miss it or have you completely ignored the map so far?

E: I could have sworn I saw it for a second in one of the vids, but nothing since and no mention of it at the time.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 24, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I say do the updates whenever, but actually do the LP as if you were someone playing the game, rather than someone who has played it and wants to show it off. I get that there are secrets that you wouldn't be able to solve at this point. But there are also some that you would take a crack at because players are curious. If the map shows there is a secret, and a player would know this, it should be in the LP.

Otherwise, when you come back to it, it's just like "oh btw, check this thing out." It's more interesting, to me, if you point out a secret and either show it off, or say, well...can't do this now.

For instance, the one in the achievements. There is no reason at all to hold that one back because it is obvious to anyone who looks in the achievements. Some people don't look at them, but many people do and anyone who did would immediately do it and be like whoa check that out.

In other words, stop glossing over stuff.

Also, in this last vid you skipped over something incredibly important when there was no reason not to explain it then and there.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 28, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or maybe it's a quote from the game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sorry for being a putz.

I didn't understand that you were going for a platform solve then a puzzle solve.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 30, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

frozentreasure posted:

Let's see how many of those endorsements for the way I've chosen to play stick around after this video.

Part 09: Application of Rotation Theory

Well, I'm sticking around. I just did a replay of the game and want to see what you have to say about certain things coming up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why does everyone think the owls are bad? I don't get that at all. Owls usually are associated with wisdom.

Also, what ghosts?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Vil posted:

Watch the latest video.

Ah..was waiting till I had sound.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah...I never noticed the ghost comment about owls. So rubik and the ghost both say owls creep them out. I don't really get it, though. Other than that, the owls aren't shown in a bad light. In the starter town there are pictures of them on someones wall and we see them in a few other spots.

drat you! I thought you were going to do the skull puzzle!!

First time through the graveyard I hated that place. The constant thunder and lightning was really loving creepy and unsettling.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Why are you commenting on spoilers outside of spoiler tags?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^way more spoilery than anything I posted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hugmonster VIII posted:

This is the best LP thread the subforum has ever had. So subtle and nuanced. It's a shame so few people will ever see it.

What?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

John Liver posted:

it's no dongs.exe

I don't think he knows who Nakar is.

This is not a bad LP by any means. But...yeah...Just look at the Dishonored LP that is going right now. That thing is amazing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think the puzzles become a bit more obvious once one or two are done. Until the main puzzle mechanic is shown in action, it isn't obvious. Also, the bit in the game that shows it off is much more apparent to the person holding the controller than to someone who is just watching.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mraagvpeine posted:

It was hinted at that the skull tombstones are a puzzle. I'm guessing that you have to make them all face the same direction. I don't know how you do that though.

Congrats! You solved a puzzle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The biggest thing I have taken away from this LP is that the game should have been split in two. A platformer and then if you finish, a puzzle game.

Just watching along as a platformer only, this is an impressive game.

As a puzzle game, not so much.

SPOILER THINGY REMOVED

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SPOILER REMOVED

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread