Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

I think Capps might be a good person to shoot. Capps, why shouldn't I shoot you?

Because I am not evil, plus I have JOAT powers that will be useful.

Also your gun wouldn't work on me. Like I said before I am New Genesis, shooting me will only take away one of my powers, since like I said before I am actually several different characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I just want people to start posting thoughts and poo poo. Also my comment to MMM was meant to be lighthearted.

Why are you calling me out for wanting to actually play mafia in a game of mafia?

Compared to your previous posts, the fact that it was a joke flew right over my head. Its not that I am mad at you for wanting to play mafia, heaven forbid. But that post in addition to this one

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok let's get this game actually started. I don't want to play another boring lurker filled game.

Why do you present your vote as if your hands are tied on voting Opop? I posit it is because you are scum.

##vote capps

Discuss my vote. Thx

just makes it feel like you're super impatient for things to move on. It could be again that I'm completely missing the joke but to me this feels like you're trying to control the flow of the game and artificially end jokephase by being all business and professional. So it's not the will to play actual mafia that I find weird, but the way you are going about it strikes me as someone going "boy I can't wait to play a GOOD mafia game with GOOD cases let's get serious RIGHT NOW. NO JOKES."

Opopanax posted:

And you're ok with your vote on me?

Rolling Start is a sacred institution.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

#1 fart generator right here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Opop and FV are masons together.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Do you have proof on that, or is it just a gut feeling?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

Do you have proof on that, or is it just a gut feeling?

I am physic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dr. Hurt posted:

just makes it feel like you're super impatient for things to move on. It could be again that I'm completely missing the joke but to me this feels like you're trying to control the flow of the game and artificially end jokephase by being all business and professional. So it's not the will to play actual mafia that I find weird, but the way you are going about it strikes me as someone going "boy I can't wait to play a GOOD mafia game with GOOD cases let's get serious RIGHT NOW. NO JOKES."

Explanation for keeping the vote on me is okay but this right here is some bad juju.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I feel really strongly about jokephase.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Dr. Hurt posted:

boy I can't wait to play a GOOD mafia game

This is exactly what I want.

I read a lot of games I don't sign up for and I always get really jealous when there is a really interesting active game happening that I didn't end up playing because I feel that I tend to end up in a lot of quieter less active games. I also realise that part of that is my own fault because I am a lower volume poster, so I'm trying to change that this game. I'm trying to be more active early on, I'm trying to get content discussion going. I'm not trying to stop people from joking (although I don't consider turbos a joke and it seems like you might), I'd just like to help start the transition from joke phase to game phase.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

mr.capps posted:

I am physic

You're a doctor?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FV who should i shoot?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Capps or Hurt right now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Or BN. For revenge.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

There is nothing funnier than a turbo, imho.

I understand the distaste for a quiet game, but I just didn't like the way you were going about this. I think this just might be a situation where two different ideas about mafia clashed.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Capps or Hurt right now.

Rude.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah ok. Capps, you cannot outrun the omega sanction! Uh, I mean ##kill capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

Yeah ok. Capps, you cannot outrun the omega sanction! Uh, I mean ##kill capps

Everyone kill Opop and FV for me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you're telling the truth you won't die anyways. You wouldn't lie to me, now would you, cappy?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You just implied you are darkseid so I am assuming that means your vig is a bit different in what it would do to me than a normal vig.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What is darkseid and why are you obsessed with it?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Relax, its not like he unleashed the antilife equation

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

:getout:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps do not worry I will avenge you with the power of rolling start.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FC5 is probably my second favorite single issue of a comic, true fact. That splash plus the god number moment are just amazing. Still not Darkseid though

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So, he's a fun dude at parties then?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Opopanax, MODOK (Scum-aligned Dayvig), has killed Mr. Capps, Jack Kirby's Family In Legal Battles With Marvel (Self-aligned Lyncher)!

The day continues as normal.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Wtf?

##vote opop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
:ghost: There is no justice in this cruel world. :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (5): Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, HiipFire, Big Nothing, Dr. Hurt, Big Nothing, MildManeredManikin, fiery_valkyrie
Big Nothing (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (7): 100YrsofAttitude, Allen Wren, Big Nothing, Epsilon Plus, Opopanax, Tremendous Taste, ZeroCount

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 13th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, he's a fun dude at parties then?

He takes up all the room on a couch and steals all the dip.

Also hey dummies this is mod confirmed scum everyone should probs vote Opop. Rolling Start you did it again.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
what

##vote Opop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rolling Start is love, Rolling Start is life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dammit. I was hoping you'd help me elevate the level of discourse in this game.

I didn't mention it before, but your case on Rarity in Twin Peaks mafia was one of the best cases I've ever read. If it hadn't been about my scum buddy I would have given you a standing ovation for it.

Oh thank you. I've been busy with codebreaker and also have been living the drifter life and thus am not at my own house so I've been phone posting.
I haven't had a chance to take a proper look at this game and won't until tomorrow. I appreciate the sentiment though ##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

Oh thank you. I've been busy with codebreaker and also have been living the drifter life and thus am not at my own house so I've been phone posting.
I haven't had a chance to take a proper look at this game and won't until tomorrow. I appreciate the sentiment though ##unvote

Bad time to not read the thread. Go back and read PMush's post.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh wait ##vote opop

My internet kept cutting out I didn't get this page.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Why are you unvoting mod confirmed scum?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote opop

:v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:redhammer:

Yeah, Opop dead. Night 1 or whatever.

Role PMs of the dead.

quote:

Welcome, Opopanax. You are MODOK, 1-Shot Dayvig, and you are SCUM-aligned.

Once per game, during the day phase, you may ##kill another player. If this kill is successful, your role and alignment are revealed immediately, alongside the flip. Don't look at me like that, scum dayvigs are an insane power to have.

You win when Scum control the lynch, and there are no other factions or powers that could prevent this.

quote:

Welcome, mr.capps. You are Jack Kirby's family in legal battles with Marvel, Targetter, and you are SELF-aligned.

You have no special powers.

You win if, at the end of the game, all characters created by Jack Kirby are dead. Their players are as follows: [CENSORED], Opopanax. Good luck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This game is now being modded by Bowmore, because of reasons that I really don't want to get into.

By necessity, this now means nights are open.

Resend all your night actions to him, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hope things get better mush.

• Locked thread