Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JOHN SKELETON posted:

saunas are pretty good and drinking beer is fun but those are literally the only two things to do in finland
i just watched bad taste off youtube and i didn't get murdered by cops so

3. ok internet
4. cops don't randomly murder people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flavor posted:

note how they all stand the same distance from each other. either the picture is CGI'd or the people are soulless robots. we're watching not what people are doing, but what some machine(s) think(s) people would be doing. makes ou think
if it makes u feel better, olds and smokers still chat to people on the street. ran into some drunk that called me a human being though, wtf was that guys problem

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
seeing as gbs is under attack from aatrek sjw nsa again, you can get your daily gbs intake here:

http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1418526

the only thing that's more gbs than gbs itself

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
conan aged 37 years when leno took his show

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

still trying to figure out the difference between norway sweden finland, estonia, denmark netherlands and belgium
figure out the differences between US states and add centuries of separation and you've got it

if it makes english speakers feel any better, i learned the language from japanese videogames. "we're not in kansas anymore" -vandal hearts, konami

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Desperado Bones posted:

I actually want to learn to speak Finnish because it sounds so funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5QSjx99tOM

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there are definitely bald people with varying rectal conditions

rohoku posted:

Best/worst thing about finland is their Language. Can't understand a god damned word even when they're speaking english.
mom downstairs: "what does this english word mean?"
me upstairs: "what's the context?"

this happened multiple times. conveying context and word class through suffixes and conjugation is definitely a trade-off

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
finns most definitely bbq. mostly in suburban areas, or on ~summer vacations~, though. thread title is complete fabrication

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
otso is totes the better word for a bear. p. sure karhu just caught on because there's a beer called that

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
suic'de is good, & cool

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
unless the temperature meters lied to me, i've been in a sauna up to around 100 degrees celsius. that russian guy totally hosed up. if it gets too hot, you get out

wouldn't try dipping into a frozen lake in-between löyly again, though. that poo poo was crazy

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
suicide by doping at a loving sauna competition. guy basically qualified as a honorary finn

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hei, Moi, Terve, Päivää, all good neutral greetings. you can try to add regional flavor with things like Moro or Morjens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
finnish tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1qJRbgNCU

• Locked thread