Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Virigoth posted:

I have no idea what is going on here but that seems awesome. I'm still chopping trees and poo poo in the newbie zone as a F2P lol

Same. I looked in the wiki and that is some rare dye of which only like 300 have ever spawned. I assume its worth billions of gold if Runescape is anything like EVE or Path of Exile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Extremely rare consumable cosmetic item in RS3 that is worth billions of gold. You can use it to dye certain items a particular color. (Not many items have such customization methods.)

The price in there isn't accurate, as the true price goes beyond the max cash stack. It's worth around 2.7 billion at the moment.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 5, 2020

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Long time player (Brony Slayer in game), but haven't posted in this thread for years. Thought I'd join the discord given the chatter I've seen in the Clan Chat, so here to say I tried to join, Stephen#0937, please give me permission to view things, and big grats Araxxor/Disaster Sr. You are now obligated to become the clan paypig.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
That's a lot of citadel wages.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Old school RuneScape is conveniently set at almost the exact spot my original account was banned but this quarantine has got me tempted to take the plunge and see what's going on in modern RuneScape. My phone's autocorrect insists RuneScape has a capital S in the middle.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's a ton of fun to explore, and there'll always be a couple of us around if you need any help.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

rodbeard posted:

Old school RuneScape is conveniently set at almost the exact spot my original account was banned but this quarantine has got me tempted to take the plunge and see what's going on in modern RuneScape. My phone's autocorrect insists RuneScape has a capital S in the middle.

They were unbanning all sorts of accounts pretty recently, even botted acounts, if you want to see if your works now.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I have a mediocre RS3 account that I've been dipping in and out of for years but I thought I'd try OSRS for a change. As I understand it, each account can have 1 character on each.

I made an OS character and intended it to be ironman for a contrast to my RS3 one but I must have missed the point at which I could have chosen ironman and left the tutorial. Anyone know of there's a way of deleting the character and making another? I haven't gained a single exp or anything on it but I can't seem to find out how to delete characters and I don't want another account as I have premium on this one.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Rapacity posted:

I have a mediocre RS3 account that I've been dipping in and out of for years but I thought I'd try OSRS for a change. As I understand it, each account can have 1 character on each.

I made an OS character and intended it to be ironman for a contrast to my RS3 one but I must have missed the point at which I could have chosen ironman and left the tutorial. Anyone know of there's a way of deleting the character and making another? I haven't gained a single exp or anything on it but I can't seem to find out how to delete characters and I don't want another account as I have premium on this one.

There's no button for it or anything, but you might be able to email jagex support.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Saw the forum ad for this thread so I figured I'd join in. I just restarted my membership after a decade or more of not playing.

I'm Pseudorandom (Reduviidae#3949) in the discord, and Psilidae in RS3.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

My runescape account got banned the same day I joined goon clan and got traded some dragon armour. How odd

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Post more acquire isk get girls

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Manyorcas posted:

That's a lot of citadel wages.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

After 15 years of having this account I finally have a trimmed cape :toot:

Wonder what I should do next. Might round out the classic gathering trifecta with mining.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So after a few year hiatus I'm back, entirely because Twitch Prime gave me a free 2-week trial. Though I'll probably subscribe again in full when it ends.

I'm playing on RS3 and honestly, game still feels good! I get why people are upset with stuff like Treasure Hunter, but it's something that's legitimately never bothered me because I really don't care much about cosmetics or selling exp. Base EXP rates are fast enough for me. Archaeology is a really fun skill, too! I've long felt like the writing and quest design are one of Runescape's strong points, so it's good to see a skill that goes pretty heavily into lore and worldbuilding.

I'm TomcatBuchanan#9227 on the Discord, Arzaac in game. You'll probably see me around.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Ayyy iOS mobile is finally getting kicked to the players. At least a closed beta for now. Speaking of which, there's another round of openings approximately 2h from this post. Hoping to snag one so I can start the rebuild and work towards 120 Slayer

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got the Attack pet whilst doing Fight Caves again and also beat Jad :toot: Today was a good day.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I can't believe how quickly I keep managing to bounce off of modern runescape. If I wanted something that wasn't mindless clicking I'd be playing a real game. I might try it again when I have a good enough phone. Old School Runescape got me through a lot of long nights on the graveyard shift.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

Ayyy iOS mobile is finally getting kicked to the players. At least a closed beta for now. Speaking of which, there's another round of openings approximately 2h from this post. Hoping to snag one so I can start the rebuild and work towards 120 Slayer

aaaand I didn't snag one, RIP me until the next wave

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
After ten thousand years, I'm free!

Do goons do anything in osrs or is it still all rs3?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Magres posted:

I don't know if Ennyone is Hy or Dum enough to play OSRS in 2020.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just read the OP

I forgot about and was reminded of how deeply proud I am to have been a part of the jorts ad

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Magres posted:

I think there are a fair few goons playing osrs, I'm one of them. We are on the discord but tend to be in different clan chats in game.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Last two waves of closed beta iOS access tomorrow. 2k spots at 10am BST and 2k spots at 5pm BST. Good luck if you're interested.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

Why do people buy burned food in oldschool?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Snagged an iOS beta spot. Debating carrying on the maxed grind or starting an Ironman to work towards bossing mobile only. Maybe even both

Also people buy burnts because they’re spergs but since they play RS we already knew that eh??

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bastastic posted:

Why do people buy burned food in oldschool?

Same reason people do anything in runescape. They want to brag about having the biggest number

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

also certain things like burnt shrimp are constrained because you stop burning them at a very low level

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

:suicide:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Finally got around to joining the discord - madbro420 in RS, JeckL on Discord. I hate having disjointed names it's so annoying

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

You didn't get the ring but they gave you a drink. That feels appropriate.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Finally got around to joining the discord - madbro420 in RS, JeckL on Discord. I hate having disjointed names it's so annoying

You can change you discord nickname exclusive to a server. Just be in that server, right click your name, and change nickname.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Thank you for the hot tip, i can now match my RS name and fully participate in not talking in the discord

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Signed back up as rodbeard420. Don't play very much because I started conan exiles and final fantasy 14 at the same time because I'm stuck at home all day.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

A reminder for anyone who is or was a part of the community that we have a link to the discord server in the op, and it's very active and full of cool goons and nerds (but I repeat myself)

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Abusing my mod powers to sticky this thread. Runescape is a cool and good game with cool and good goons playing it.

jim bob
Apr 7, 2009

Love is over.
I dont play runescape but I saw the sticky and joined the discord just in case I ever do.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I am fgsfds on the discord. I hope to get to change my handle soon

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Come play free, milord!

As a Twitter-verified Goon Poster, I would never lie to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

jim bob posted:

I dont play runescape but I saw the sticky and joined the discord just in case I ever do.

If you aren't playing now that the whole world shut down for corona virus you probably never will.