Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Other than calling Romney a cocksucker (big other) this has been a pretty boring press conference. What the gently caress is he even talking about now, marble floors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It feels like he's trying to tone things down to appeal to a broader audience and just doesn't know how to.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
WALLS WORK!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

Dear Seeming New Posters in Thread:

Is this your first Trump rally? Are you just watching now? Because literally every single one looks and plays out exactly like this.

I've seen several, he's having trouble keeping the crowd today.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Could the GOP have told Trump to gently caress off when he announced he was planning on running as a republican? Like I get that technically just about anyone can run for president in but since he was registered as Republican, would they have been able to block him from officially running as a member of their party before any of this started?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 15, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

Thing is, this should be easy as hell to verify. Why wouldn't someone snap a photo?

Apparently it's illegal to distribute copies of the ballot in FL.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

Watch: Glenn Beck’s Farewell Address to His 40 Laid-Off Troops… from His Pretend Oval Office
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9cGBWuOUmk

Imagine being fired and then having to listen to this rear end in a top hat justify it.

E: Last time he did lay offs it was because he bought a private jet and a $200,000 Maybach sedan.

This time it's because he blew $500k traveling around with Ted Cruz.

Does he actually believe the words he is saying? I honestly don't know. I thought that the Silicon Valley clip that was linked earlier was satire, but good lord.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ahaha, of course he had her stand in front of his Playboy cover.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wow once again Trump is whining like a bitch about being asked to provide basic facts, what a surprise.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ahaha, Trump got run off the stage!
e: he's back.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Serious question, how much of this actually has to do with Trump and his....everything since announcing he was running?

Also, is there a way to view Trump's twitter follower numbers over time? He seems to have been gaining almost 100k followers per week for the past few weeks, I'd love to see a 3 year graph by month for him.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mannerup posted:

could only go as far back as july 2014

(link)

This is perfect, thank you! What the hell did he do in mid-October last year that netted him 100k followers overnight?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741590381503086592

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741600981251657728

Like a dog!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So that Don King endorsement Trump's been flaunting? When asked about it at Muhammad Ali's funeral, King denied it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The first word out of his mouth when asked the question was 'No'.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

No Mans Land 5 posted:

That goes down the rabbit hole of what the difference between "support" and "endorsing" is when it comes to a political candidate. Not that you care

Yes, I agree, answering 'No' when asked if he was endorsing Trump goes down the crazy rabbit hole of whether that answer refutes 'Donald Trump claims Don King endorsed him'.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

No Mans Land 5 posted:

Sticking to your guns I see. Ignoring the rest of what he said. "the people are for donald trump, and I am for what the people want". "I like donald trump". He seemed to want to stay out of the political fray, even if trump dragged him in because he voiced his support. You act as if i didnt understand your post the first 2 times.

Yes, let's ignore the fact that he said 'No.' when asked if he was endorsing Trump.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

No Mans Land 5 posted:

You're dumb as poo poo. What material difference is there between "endorsement" and "support". None? OK. He was making a rhetorical point by denying it. Make the post a 4th time

Considering he never said he supported Trump either, does that matter? Howard Stern is vocal about how he likes Trump but is voting for Hillary, does that mean he is supporting/endorsing them both? You can like someone and not endorse/support them for a job you think they'll be bad at.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Clarification!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741696814194274304

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

What a loving piece of poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

From Sebastian Gorka's twitter bio:

quote:

Irregular Warfare Strategist, author of DEFEATING JIHAD

Strong!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q14fiir6OE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Finally!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743192668017205249

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MaxNV posted:

Trump hasn't tweeted in 12 hours.

I just noticed this, usually his long silences are broken with a flurry of crazy angry attacks :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I was just wondering about how much the media would cover Trump after the GE considering how many bridges he's burned, I guess he won't have to worry about it!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DrPlump posted:

Trumps news network is already live at Trump.news
Ahahaha, the first headline:

quote:

Trump’s Campaign Is So Successful That He Actually Just Broke His Own Campaign Goal When It Comes To Winning Delegates

This has to be a joke right? No, of course it's not.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Would Trump fall for it?

Tweet it at him, all he knows is what's on the internet.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

this is pathetic. i can't really figure out any other way to describe it, it's just pathetic to tweet out a low-effort, nothing of a quote from a right wing cheerleader.

Excuse me, that cheerleader is the author of Progressive Racism thank you very much:
https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Racism-David-Horowitz/dp/1594038597/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The Trump campaign would not comment on the record about its relationship with the RNC. One Trump Tower official called it “a great relationship. I work well with everybody over there, and I haven’t heard of anyone who doesn’t have a great relationship with them.”
"One Trump Tower official"

From: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republican-national-committee-224403

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/261899230673784832

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

e: Oh, that was 2012. Still.

Yeah it's old but I mean really

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ThirdPartyView posted:

Honestly, Trump wrote it vague enough that it could be a Obama presenting an anti-Romney October Surprise rather than a death threat.

Death threat or accusing him of faking/actually performing (depending on if you literally see Obama as an ISIS agent) a terrorist attack to boost his approval ratings somehow.
e: which killing Romney would be listed under I suppose.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 16, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump calls the venue too small, blames Secret Service for not letting him go hug and kiss fans outside.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bernie's more on our side about that (gun control), maybe we would like running against him!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump rallies: the safest places!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll ride that horse!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo he called himself a prognosticator. Is that the yugest word he's used at a rally beyond like, names & titles?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Did you tape that? I want it for my children, so they can remember me! (talking about a lady complimenting his hair)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Trump REALLY loves Bobby Knight. Does anyone care outside Indiana?

Texas Tech fans? Though they're out in Lubbock...

• Locked thread