Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This upcoming presidential primary race and election has gotten me to re-watch Election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Now what are your liabilities Donald? :allears:

It's just a photo of Trump paper clipped to a white piece of paper with "LIABILITY" written with a Sharpie on it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I've got it: Trump/Friedman 2016.

But his hairpiece is already his running mate :confused:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Joementum posted:

One would think, given their own country, the Kurds would be a major producer, perhaps outranking Wisconsin.

:drat:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Bernie's gonna make for a good vice president.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Probably not. But I wouldn't be opposed to a Clinton/Sanders ticket.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What was fun was Dubya campaigning in 2004 that he would ban same-sex marriage whike Cheney would try to avoid the question because his daughter is a lesbian.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DaveWoo posted:

lovely attempt at a joke aside, the 4th of July isn't even about "independence from gov't". It's about the declaration of our independence from Britain, so that we could form our own system of government.

How the gently caress do you get something as fundamental as the meaning of July 4th wrong.

I don't think most Americans even know that.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So why are we so set in our ways with two major political parties? Is it just historical tradition going as far back as the Federalists and Anti-Federalists or is it something else?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yes. Nu metal. "Real good" regardless of time period. Music that could only have come from the mean streets of Agoura Hills, California where street sweeping is performed but twice a week and the HOAs will wreck your poo poo if you look at them sideways. Twenty-somethings screaming about their parents being total drags, but tempered in such a way to allow the children of said parents to blast these rebellious anthems from their bedrooms (I said close that door, Jonathan!) with impunity. Ageless. Classic.

Somewhere, a kid found his older brother's stack of old CDs and thinks this band called Linkin Park is old school.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Spacebump posted:

But what would a kid use to play that outdated technology?

His PS4 or Xbone.

I mean, poo poo, my PSX and PS2 were my CD players that I had the audio cables hooked up to a stereo.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

VanSandman posted:

I will never forgive Trump if a loving PERIOD joke is what kills his campaign.

You could say that it ended on a period.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MrBims posted:

How long until Carly Fiorina has to apologize to Trump?

Until she wants to be his VP nominee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

free college is yet another one of those ideas that advantages white people over black people

How?

• Locked thread