Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Disinterested posted:

Mitt Romney is only really racist in the way that a lot of rich white people are, so it's arguably not much of a disqualifying factor for him until the revolution comes and he's ritually murdered.

Surely the sun will flare brightly with the mirth of Huitzilopotchli when the Peoples' Hierophants offer the heart of the devil Romney to the highest altar of New Aztlan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
In those glasses he looks like he could be Tina Fey's mom.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Come Taste The Pride"
:mitt:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
What grim night follows this acrid sunset?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deteriorata posted:

I guess our political system has been sick for about 190 years, then. The disease does not appear to be fatal.

Well, at America's founding the vote was restricted to landowning white men. Any pretense of democracy in this oligarch republic may prove the passing disease, eventually burnt out, once looked back on in the fullness of a few hundred years.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheeee posted:

Barring some major poo poo going down that leads to a Republican winning the general, Hillary is the next POTUS.

She may not be the Leftist hero that America needs, but she is the ambition-fueled sociopath that America deserves.

i too anticipate the inauguration of the first American president to have sat on the board of directors at Wal-Mart

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
voting republican hastens the decline and fall of american imperialism and is thus the morally superior option. checkmate, beer-gut boy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ogmius815 posted:

Some of the founding fathers kind of sucked (looking at you Jefferson) but George Washington was basically the man.

Except for the whole slavery thing

You don't get a nickname that translates from Iriquois as "Devourer of Villages" for planting peace lilies.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

you intend to vote for a former member of Wal-Mart's board of directors to be president of the United States

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

BristolSOF posted:

If Trump didn't pull a Trump, then the Netroots mob would be leading the Sunday Morning shows.
It was that bad.

still more evidence that trump and sanders are actually the same person. have you ever seen them in a room together?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

hearkening back to the time he Punished that coyote on his morning run

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ride the wave. embrace the trumpocalypse

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sinteres posted:

Fox News will turn all their guns on Trump if it looks like he has even a remote chance at winning the nomination. They like him now, when the entertainment value and ratings outweigh the risk, but once the voting starts they'll be pushing viability hard.

Old Man Murdoch's getting phased out of whatever role he once played in the day to day running of Fox. His sons are far more mercenary sorts of cretin than him, and I can only imagine the amount of coin they can milk out of giving the Donald whatever he needs to continue his dogged march to the White House.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never dreamed i'd get to experience this period of a world empire from the inside

what a time to be alive

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/623927694967894016

It's from an MSNBC political reporter so it's legit. Apparently it's from a speech that is just now filtering out that sounds amazing.

Here's the transcript: https://rickperry.org/defending-conservatism-against-the-cancer-of-trump-ism

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

sbaldrick posted:

Murdock doesn't seem the type not to fire Ailes on the spot if he felt like it. If Rupert really wanted it stopped it would be.

It's not his call to make anymore. http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/16/james-murdoch-21st-century-fox-chief-executive

The old man's been usurped, and his vile progeny care about money far more than their father's ideology

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wasn't expecting him to comment at all. What is that Napoleon said, that you shouldn't interfere with your enemies when they are busy destroying themselves?

Obama hasn't a 10th of the little corporal's political savvy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

if this is a shop it's indistinguishable from our post-sanity reality

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm really tempted to buy a Donald trump hat. Can someone talk me off the ledge?

donald doesn't need your petty donation, pay someone to make your own donald trump hat as capitalism intended

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought rubio projected the most 'presidential' mask during the debate

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

Additionally I have serious doubts that he actually wants to be President so much as loves running for President.

It does look like a pretty fun time if you can afford it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
please don't homeschool your kid

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

McDowell posted:

The GOP strategy in a nutshell.

Here's an idea: send Bill on a loving apology tour. Just him on stage with Robert Reich showing Adam Curtis clips and saying 'I hosed it all up.'

if either clinton were capable of executing this plan they might be worth voting for

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue squares posted:

would there be any real negative consequences to the liberal states seceding peacefully?

it's always cool to watch blue staters stroke themselves over how much more moral they are than all those barbarians in the red states while fantasizing about removing the most heavily minority-populated territories from the union

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mons Hubris posted:

Does anyone honestly believe Trump can't be bought? He's just more expensive. You don't get to be a billionaire by not taking other people's money.

I'm far from being a billionaire as you may have guessed, but in my experience the more money I get, the more money I want!

I mean he may have better policies than the rest of the field to the extent that he has policies, but I'm not convinced that the idea that he's too rich to be influenced by lobbyist money is really a thing.

for me it's more his proven track record of happily taking whatever money people are willing to offer him, squirreling it away in the byzantine financial recesses of the Trumpire, and then screwing over whoever paid him in ways they can do nothing about

i am sure he'll receive plenty of lobbyist money. he'll even promise to do what they want. but in the end he'll only do what Trump wants, for good or ill

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocks posted:

At least Romney was intentionally funny, #JebNoFilter is just cringe worthy

Case in point:

http://youtu.be/jBg6hU5zXDA

i frankly thought he was fatter than that

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

he should quit this political racket and just start selling paleo diet stuff then, plans and cookbooks etc.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

I anticipate ugliness.

sounds deserved if true

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe, having looked true evil full in the face, paul can no longer stomach the grotesque chicanery of politics and just wants to go back to doctoring?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
:bernget:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

if the american president was only the president of barbecue id probably go perry because hes a texan rancher and rightly called carolina vinegar poo poo roadkill

you can say a lot of lovely things about the carolinas in perfect honesty but ours is the final bastion of sanely and successfully prepared barbecue in this woe-begotten empire

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GlyphGryph posted:

BBQ is poo poo anyway, I want to see the candidates at a good Lobsterbake/Clambake.

disgraceful heathenry

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
truly this will mark the high tide of Trump's march to the white house. this far, no further.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope lindsey graham has the courage to bow out soon without offing himself

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

mastervj posted:

I can't be arsed to pay attention to yet another HRC scandal, unfortunately.

dunno why anyone needs to know more than "she used to sit on the board of directors for Wal-Mart" to stop supporting her frankly

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Because that's a dumb reason to stop supporting her?

you can't honestly want someone evil enough to hold that post to possess control of the united states armed forces and nuclear weapons

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Miltank posted:

We need the daily show :(

John Oliver's show and the Nightly Show have both been on point lately

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Sounds like Walker and Rubio will be in the next kiddie table debate.

which is funny, since i thought Rubio gave the most consistently 'presidential' performance of the first big debate

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Well three thousand years ago, right? The Great Wall of China was built." Applause. "We'd like to have that wall, that wall no one gets through."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

I can't be the only one who sees a little resemblance. One in two hundred of us is supposed to be a direct descendant of old Temujin, after all.

• Locked thread