Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

OniPanda posted:

Still no Pokémon quotes, still not a replacement for the Cain Train.

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

I desperately need this as my avatar, but I'm so certain that someone already has it because it is so awesome.

Also, Ben Carson forever. I would vote for him just to keep the crazytrain going as far as it can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
They would seem less desperate and maybe do more damage if they found an instance where she didn't tip compared to this email nonsense.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm not racist, but let me tell you something about black people

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Mike Huckabee's newest venture will be late-night TV ads selling nascent iodine for grandparents.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

thrawn527 posted:

Just as a warning, I sent this link to my wife, who is on a Mac in Safari and it launched something that completely hijacked the computer. Had to unplug from the Internet, reset Safari, and reboot the computer to get control back.

So, um...National Review is terrible.

Huckabee's new money making scheme: hijacking computers for bitcoins

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Joementum posted:

He's still using his email list to push shady crap...

If I paid Huckabee enough could I make him send out a Hillary campaign ad? :allears:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Gotta let them keep unskewing their polls, how else will Ted Cruz rocket to victory in every state?

Or anyone really. Unskew them enough and you realize how much of a political steamroller [INSERT CANDIDATE NAME HERE] is.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ted Cruz constantly looks like he's wearing a mask and it's highly disturbing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Can we make it a rule that every republican logo has to be black, white, and red?

:hitler:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

comes along bort posted:

Especially as a Republican you want to avoid any Nazi association. I suppose it could be worse though. You could have the red/white/black combo and your logo looks like a mid-priced hotel chain.

This looks like a mid-high range tier suit brand.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If I don't see at least one Mike Huckabee-branded food item in my local grocery store by the end of the year I will be sorely disappointed.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I want the echo chamber to be more airtight than its ever been. I want Fox News/Alex Jones/Grudge Report turned on in every campaign office.

Too many of the joke candidates/serious-but-lets-face-it-lol candidates with the exception of JEB! are locked in a room full of yes men. They are running what they really believe is a serious campaign, and it will get more serious (and thus more hilarious to everyone else) the more positive feedback they get.

The problem is that none of them have a loving chance of actually winning the nomination, because the establishment has a way of shutting the whole thing down. But the longer they last, the more debates they run, and the more serious they seem, they'll drag down JEB! and any other possible candidates. After all, we will be treated to excellent photos of Jeb, Cruz, Walker, Paul, and the rest of the clown express on stage at the debate. And Jeb will look like he's an adult talking to a bunch of children to an audience of children and it will be glorious.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Why can't I be Gay for Rand? :smith:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Replace Fort Knox's gold with print toner.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
9/11 was Obama's fault. Vote Rand 2016.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

I don't know about this, I prefer Italian fashion brands.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If I didn't know it was a Rand comic book, I would not have been able to identify him in the comic.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Good Citizen posted:

Man Fiorina's whole thing right now is "wow that Clinton lady sucks huh? It's cool I'm a woman so I can say anything I want about her!" She realized if she gets the VP spot she's gunning for she won't be debating Hilary right?

Also running on her record as a CEO, and ignoring everyone that reminds her that she was awful.

I guess it's not important how good you were, as long as you held the job :colbert:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump for President so we can have him bring us on the edge of war with Russia for ratings.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hillary's logo looks like it belongs to a healthcare company or something which really throws me off. Years of logos have probably just convinced me that all campaign images need heavy american imagery, though.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Political analyst extraordinare DICK MORRIS

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

*turns on*
*Marco Rubio saying "American Century"*

Jesus gently caress republicans are so inbred they just run around the same set of FAITH+GOVERNMENT conventions saying the same poo poo to a different group of white people

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm okay with Trump 2016 if it means he can give highly-regarded financial advice to Israel.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Less reservations about a gay/lesbian candidate than an evangelical christian candidate :unsmith:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

I mean yes you can backpedal, but when you answered the question with not just a "yes" or a "no" but with a whole sentence it gets a little bit harder.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zeroprime posted:

But it reads very much as he thought she asked if he would have done it with the intelligence at the time.

It's lovely because he said "I would" in response to "if you knew what we know now", then added the modifiers at the end. Stick the first few words into a campaign ad, and I think it can be this season's version of "the fundamentals of the economy are strong".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm more hyped for these republican presidential primary debates than any movie coming out in the next two years.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Why the gently caress would we want more territory? The poors and browns live in all the places we expand freedom to. Just send us resources and we're all good.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Holy loving poo poo that was the best thing I've ever read :pusheen:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The only thing good about Pataki is that he'll make a few more awful statements in order to drum up outrage so he can get some face time on TV.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Somebody's been reinforcing the echo chamber, and I love it :getin:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's doubly hilarious because the whole point of Mad Men is that everything, the people and the era, is a sham. The 50's and 60's are presented as idyllic eras before Americans lost faith in business and government, social turbulence divided the country, and the American dream felt out of reach. In reality, it sucked for most people and the woman, gays, minorities, and disadvantaged white men are just written out of the narrative.

Don Draper seems like a god. He's wealthy, successful, intelligent, a war hero, came from nothing, and has a beautiful wife and kids. He is the iconic 50's and 60's success story. Just like the whole era he turns out to be a sham too. His name isn't even Don Draper, his wife and kids hate him, he has a toxic relationship with women, his job is killing him, he wasn't a war hero, and even when he thinks he is being progressive and taking a stand, he still ends up being completely unable to empathize with anyone else. He is basically surrounded by people, but completely alone.

Apparently the message Rubio took away from the show is that the sham was actually great and we should go back to pretending.

It fits in well with the entire Republican Party, since their entire platform is based around marketing "Remember the 1950s? Let's go back to that" to people who don't know the difference.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

King of Solomon posted:

Most of this is pretty standard Republican rhetoric, but the line about term limits caught me off guard. Did I miss that being a common Republican position somehow?

It's basically an attempt to more easily stack Congress with less RINO-y politicians, in their view. The older politicians have annoying perspectives on "compromise" and don't usually share the ridiculous views that many of their constituents now do. Any attempt to unseat them in the primary is (usually) beaten back thanks to the inherent incumbent advantage. Thus, they'd rather just purge the whole thing every so often so congressmen can better reflect the political attitude at the time, which fluctuates wildly anyway.

This comes up with freepers quite often, but they quickly change their tone when they are told that California's term limits actually caused the state to be taken over by Democrats. Leave it to them to make a full 180 degree turn when they inadvertently help elect traitorous unamericans democrats.

tl;dr i don't like my congressman but i can't beat him in the primary so let's just kick them out.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

RACHET posted:

Jeb: I know you want to kill all the Mexicans and eat their children but this isn't reasonable policy

Base: LIBERAL

Don't worry, he can just shake it off and reset like an Etch-n-Sketch if he decides to go full Cruz.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The answer is always more Trump, all the time.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Alter Ego posted:

Completely un-factcheckeable. His one strength.

There is no "Pants on Fire" powerful enough.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
He's going to get a bunch of washed-up celebrities to run his campaign, film it all, and then when it finally implodes release a new season of Celebrity Apprentice: Campaign Edition.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

sharkbomb posted:

This actually seems like a really great idea, but I'm wondering how the show will get around the reality of Donald Trump LOSING to someone else. It seems like the Id of Trump could never let even the scent of loss anywhere near him, let alone on television.

I'm glad he filed, but part of me was hoping Trump would serve as an over-the-top challenge to the FECs authority. I was hoping he would call their bluff about campaign finance laws and see if anything happens - it would have been more notable than Bush's slimy approach to evading the laws, and it would have gained him lots of publicity.

He didn't lose, his advisers did. They all get fired for the season finale :colbert:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump offered $25 to everybody that votes for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If Trump gets to a presidential debate, he will use his time to pitch his new reality show. Calling it now.

• Locked thread