Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Hodgepodge posted:

Realtalk: I woke up today, pointed out that a US politician's proposed policies are literal genocide, and was probated because mods are buthurt over Fishmech was going on about it for a few pages.

So.... :toxx:

I don't give a poo poo about being probated. Normally when hat happens, it's because I've been an rear end about something that means gently caress all. And I didn't really have any time to post in that six hours, so it barely mattered.

But, well, this is a thread about the election and has had multiple derails about loving BBQ recipes. No matter how much of a buzzkill, I was making a comment about the nature of actual proposed policies that really are seriously mosterous.

If fellating Donald loving Trump of all people and pages of foodchat are so important to you that you can't handle people having a problem with some people have the idea that mass deportations aren't actually just as lovely as all the other crap in history that the left likes to wring it's hands about and pretend to care about, cool. You're lovely, hollow people, but hey, feel free to keep being you.

But if that's the case, I'm not interested in being associated with your sorry asses further, and feel free to permaban me.

That's a matter of principle. It's been fun, and I've met some good people here and all. But at the end of the day, it's still just a message board.

Up to you, mods.

Quoting this so you can't edit it out. Rest well sweet prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i hope hillary gets indicted and no one pardons her

I too await the Trump presidency with baited breath.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Hillary Clinton: Voted in favour of the Trail of Tears.

Bernie Sanders: Sponsored a bill to make Anime real.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
pundits seemed to be really pushing fiorna but i don't think she was particularly strong; her response to criticism of her record at hp sounded incredibly desperate and defensive, trump will exploit that weakness for all its worth if his campaign people are worth anything

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think it's unfair to say she doesn't have beliefs that she has championed, particularly those of women's rights and she did try to pass hcr. but, yes, i think comparing her legislative record, which was actually pretty good -- she worked very hard on a lot of "wonky" issues that weren't sexy but were important -- to LBJ, who was one of the most effective senate leaders in the history of the body is a bit much.

i've said all along her biggest weakness to me is that she's just, naturally, a policy wonk who wants to get into the unsexy parts of running a government.

bernie is was way better ideas guy than her.

bernies 'ideas' will never survive contact with an american legislature that isn't a student union or a coffee shop co-op

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am a :shillary: supporter ;)

45 47 heil hilldog brother

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Baloogan posted:

I would prefer literally anyone else running to win. Even Lindsey Graham....

Most of the current crop make Lindsey Graham look like Abe loving Lincoln. Trump is Trump, Carson sounds like he's been tranquilized, Fiorna is one HP-focused attack ad away from obliteration, Jeb's campaign drifts from catastrophe to catastrophe like his brother's presidency, and Cruz is a sociopath who looks like someone microwaved his face. The ability to form complete sentences and at least passably imitate a sane and semi-literate human being is a mark of considerable distinction in this primary.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish we had actual hard-hitting journalism in the US, because seeing Huckabee go in to an interview and be asked to explain himself would be great; especially when he'd get up and storm out of the interview.

He'd probably explain it by saying that racism is a moral failing and a consequence of religious laxity and secularism, preventing Americans from uniting as a community of believers.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Chamale posted:

But just because America uses common law, like most of the countries on Earth, it's absurd to suggest that Queen Elizabeth II has any de facto power in the United States.

Yes, I imagine if that rule still has any effect it would be interpreted as giving the power to select a speaker to the President, since he/she holds the corresponding position to H.R.H. QEII as Head of State.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

sullat posted:

Really, this is Dubya's fault for not enacting Agnatic Primogeniture when he had the chance.

Americans only wish their monarchy was Elective.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I asked myself, and I'm voting for Bernie, so I predict all 50 states will go 100% Bernie, 0% Hillary. On to the general, 100% Bernie, 0% Trump.

Margin of error +/- 100%

Actually, the margin of error is more like +/- 100- 100%*(1/300,000,000)) since you're definitly not wrong about your own voting intentions.

/
:spergin:

Although is it perhaps possible that you could lie to yourself about your voting intentions? Perhaps your Ego causes you to claim to support Bernie, when in reality the Id cannot resist Trump's fierce, primal charisma.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

The X-man cometh posted:

I know a lot of Evangelicals don't consider Catholics and Quakers to be "real Christians". What's their take on Presbyterians?

They're Calvinist Protestants so I really doubt they'd be considered 'not real'. Most Southern Evangelical Churches are actually Arminianists rather than Calvinists, but the average evangelical is basically theologically illiterate so it doesn't really matter. The differences in actual practice are minimal, especially compared to Quakers and Catholics. Their ecclesiastical structure (so much as they even have one) is similar and they have the same biblical canon, unlike the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches, which recognize some extra books in the Old Testament)

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Montasque posted:

I've been saying this for a while, but Rubio is in the Paul Ryan zone - Both the teaparty and the establishment sides can stomach him. With that said Rubio needs to step up and actually campaign now.

I don't know if there even is a Paul Ryan zone anymore, the tea party has come to expect it's candidate to say the most insane poo poo at all times that I don't know if there's a theoretical candidate who could make both sides feel even moderately good about backing him. (And it would be a him)

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Rocks posted:

Remember when we all thought that George W was the dumbest Bush

George wasn't actually stupid, it's more that he was insanely naive and put far too much trust in his absolutely terrible advisors.*

*Most of whom are now on team Jeb LOL

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Totalizator posted:

My brain shuts down when I try to imagine a Clinton - Carson debate.

So does Carson's.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Three Olives posted:

Polling a Republican against Clinton right now is useless seeing as Clinton isn't really actively campaigning for the General and getting very little press coverage while the Republicans are busy with their circus.

I mean of course Clinton is going to poll lower right now, she can't run against all of the Republican's insane platforms at the same time.

God could you imagine what hitting Carson with Mannatech would do to him in the general?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

stoutfish posted:

ben carson reminds me of a cult leader

cult leaders are generally expected to be charismatic, or at least not the opposite of what charismatic is

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Since I was banned for voting in a poll, I had to rebuy an avatar and I guess now is as good a time to come out and say it: Smoothrich has converted me to the cause of Sleepy Ben.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Praying for a nice safari seems like a bit of an abuse of your wondrous prayer powers.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

emfive posted:

That was the old Smoothrich. He's back in medicated, singing form.

Nah 2.0 is banned as well.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Montasque posted:

I think we need some perspective here. While making nice on TV by going to a mosque gave everyone some warm fuzzies GWB was plotting two wars that ended up killing millions of muslims.

Tell us more about how George Bush 'plotted' the war in Afghanistan, with special reference to steel beams.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Vladimir Putin posted:

According to Giuliani there were small pockets of these celebrations throughout New York and these are recorded in police reports. In one incident a celebration broke out in front of a candy store and was stopped when people from a nearby housing project went over and beat them up.

And yet Obama does nothing to protect us from Jihadist support among America's Sour Patch Kids.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Lord of Pie posted:

Also the alternate universe would be taking place at the tail end of the second term of President of our hearts, Pokemon Master Herman Cain

In this reality the Tea Party never happened, John Huntsman served two-terms after the 8-year disaster of Jesse Jackson's presidency. Critics point to the decisive factors in the 2008 election being a massive economic recession attributed to financial over-regulation, Hillary Clinton's choice of Jill Stein as a running mate, and war weariness over America's then 5-year long occupation of Israel.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

The fight against neoliberalism was lost decades ago, especially in the US, while identity politics is in perfect lockstep with the tendencies of late modern capitalism. What you're describing is the almost inevitable result of this, whether you think it's a good thing or not.

Really looking forward to seeing the advent of extra-late revolution's-almost-here-folks post-modern capitalism in the 2050s.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

paranoid randroid posted:

hm cant wait for incredibly salty bernouts to start blaming his loss on the treacherous blacks in earnest

The Assassination of Bernie Sandman by the Coward Black L. Ives

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I just marathoned the first season of Fargo a few days ago and now I can't see Rand Paul as anything other than Lester Nygaard with worse hair.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Montasque posted:

1. Arnold believes in man-made climate change. He's dead in their eyes.
2. That kid isn't being ironic.

Arnold also has a half-hispanic lovechild.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"I can say without hesitation that Jeb Trump would be the healthiest unholy fusion of science gone mad ever elected to the office of the President."

"Our model shows that, 95% of the time, Jeb Trump wins between -11 and 152% of the popular vote in the republican primary."

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

It's not that the American Left doesn't have firing squads, it's just that theirs are circular.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

The fishmech cannot stop, he must argue constantly or he will drown in his own insecurity.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

PleasingFungus posted:

People in this thread like to make fun of D&D posters who talk about 'dogwhistling', and that's fair. But come the hell on. In 2015, the Year of the 'Republicuck', are you going to seriously tell me Trump meant nothing of the sort?

Trump does all his rallies freestyle, more of a stream-of-conciousness than a speech. I think it's much more likely that he just kind of rambled out the 'schlonged' bit without really thinking about it, at least not nearly as much as everyone in the media and this thread seem to be.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

If there's one thing this election has done, its raise the bar for what we accept from our candidates. Remeber when Donald Trump mocked a physically handicapped man? Or implied that Megyn Kelly was PMSing..or how about the fact that he's twice divorced and cheated on at least 1 of his wives?

That brings up another good point. After the "blood coming out of her whatever", we're supposed to be pointing to the schlongening as the reason why Trump's a misogynist?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

'Chazz Darling'

Sooo... this 'vampire role-playing' thing is a front for buttfucking, right?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

fishmech posted:

What the image shows is that at her peak, people expected her to clear 14% of the vote in the Iowa caucus. I bet against that and now the current expectation is that she'll manage 1.8%

Are the bets in monopoly money or do you actually have money riding on this shitshow? I'm aware it's illegal to bet on US elections but it's not like that's stopping anyone online.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

zeal posted:

Bernie's getting the old Vince Foster treatment next week, according to an anonymous source in the Clinton campaign

Is it possible to car-bomb a stairlift?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

oystertoadfish posted:

one of the predictions i've seen out there is that in the event of a trump vs clinton general election, with no stupid-rear end jeb! as establishment third party scenario or whatever, the traditional third parties, so not your perots or teddy roosevelts but your constitution party and libertarians and, well mostly those if republicans are defecting but there are so many others, those lebanese ultra-zionist phalangists and all the other weird fuckers, they'll collectively have their best election in a long time because republican voters will refuse to vote for hillary but will decide to make their presidential vote a protest vote. and that's only half as bad for trump as those guys really effectively voting against him would be

every one of those voters would be better for the gop, and for conservatism in general, than the people who really just stay home out of embarrassment, because all those down-the-ticket races need to get won too. that's the democratic wet dream at the moment, that 10.5 months from now you've got the conservative half of the nation cringing in embarrassment and the democrats are looking at wins up and down the board

but this is definitely cruz' strategy and he's so far been the only non-carson to take a dent out of trump while easily neutralizing santorum and huckabee, so he might make your prediction true

Old as hell but gently caress you for linking me to the Neo-nazi wikipedia you rear end in a top hat, I really wasn't on enough watch lists already for posting on SA.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Peztopiary posted:

Just because the Republican base is dumb enough to fall for Trump doesn't mean Real America is.

Real America is the republican base, you clearly aren't listening to enough country music if you didn't realize this yourself.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

TheTatteredKing posted:

If Bill is guilty and it comes to light does Hilary throw him under the bus?

If Bill was guilty it would have come to light a decade and a half ago when half the journalists in the country were going over his life with a fine-toothed comb.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

/pol/ hates star wars because it features a black man and a woman in its leading roles

The use of the term 'cuck-staff' leads me to believe this is the work of /pol/'s elusive 'troll/irony' faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

the_paradigm_shift posted:

He had a large problem in that reagan had gotten the ball rolling on being more inclusive of the religious and radical parts of the party. He was more moderate and of a different generation. So he kept getting kneecapped by his own party and the opposition who were still a majority in Congress iirc.

He was head of CIA and a warmonger who was Reagan's VP so he was no angel and competence would have to be measured by the administrations around his and that makes him look even worse. Throw in a recession and a third party right winger(perot) and he never stood a chance at reelection.

I don't understand the characterization of Bush I as a war monger, except it's the American Left so every Republican after Lincoln was a bloodthirsty psychopath bent on world conquest. H.W. faced intense criticism for not going all the way and deposing Saddam, and that decision kept America out of the bloody occupation that his son went and got the US stuck in more than a decade later.

The reason he wasn't re-elected was because he promised 'no new taxes' and then raised taxes, making him probably the last federal-level Republican politician of any significance to even openly contemplate anything other than budget cuts as a response to deficits.

• Locked thread