Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

@BillKristol: Ben Carson is more likely to be the 2016 GOP nominee that Mitt Romney.
http://t.co/dORqstuiaG

Has Bill Kristol been right about anything in his entire career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

And yet Palin was almost a heart-attack away from being POTUS. How the gently caress would that have even worked?

"Uh Mrs. President, we need your input on how to handle the Ukraine incident."

*rambling gibberish*

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh..."

I would like to suggest the documentary Iron Skies for their take on this scenario.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Obdicut posted:

Is this a good time to remind you that your schtick is really tired, unimaginative, and boring and that nobody likes you?

I like him, and his gimmick.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks > 2016 Presidential Primary: Advocating Gigadeath

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

On a related note, this happened last weekend

The white Confederates defending the south's honor in Selma

Video interview at the link

I lust for white death.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MC Nietzche posted:

Honestly, how many people are going to look at that headline and not realize that Carly Fiorina is even running for the Republican nomination? Aren't they going to think the destroyer of HP is running as a Democrat?

TBH I had to look her up to remember who she was.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He can always ask that Tim Draper loon who was behind the failed Six Californias initiative.

e: does Randy accept donations in bitcoin? This is all I gotta know :allears:

He's in luck, Tim Draper is also into bitcoins!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump RT'd this tonight.

:awesome:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Some Republican is going to say "Chipolty" on TV and then it will become a shibboleth.

Chi-poe-tull

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

And Obama's going to get assassinated if he makes it in, definitely.

Well, he would have, but Lowtax closed LF instead.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I just want to know who makes an important announcement at 7:00 am that's not he's running for president?

Mitt Romney did and it was hilarious.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

Looks like he forgot the third measure.

oh my god

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

But according to some D&D posters social progress is a given??

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Neeksy posted:

Fox News better make some space on stage for Undecided.

Represented by Lewis Black.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Presumably it's actually for an endorsement though (for whatever that's worth)? I can't imagine anyone actually want's Romney's advise on campaigning.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

Did we ever find out who was doing the raping?

Azure_Horizon and Aatrek.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum posted:

Just so we're all clear, this image was sent out today by the Scott Walker campaign. I haven't altered it.

You're kidding.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MisterJed posted:

This really isn't getting enough attention, and it was the most interesting part of his ridiculous speech IMO. If any other GOP candidate says this, they're doomed. I'm still wrapping my head around it, but it's clear that Donald is playing by different rules.

Actually...

Basically, right wing populism isn't actually significantly in line with the current GOP on many issues. The GOP retains control of them mostly through manipulating their spite.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I am going to vote for Donald Trump.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Instead of splitting the thread create a Leftist Purity Showdown thread in the crew forum and exile ideology fights there, and leave this thread for discussing the news.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I love Donald John Trump, Sr.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I think you might be looking for something other than HuffPo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Trump really only has a chance of holding it together so long as Walker and Bush keep the establishment and neocon wings split. Either's supporters would likely fall behind the other, while Trump's primary support probably can't exceed about a third, even accounting for a more extremist primary demographic.

I think it's going to play out like a game of chicken between the superNeocon and Establishment wings for their respective candidate to stay in the race. If neither backs down or suffers a major setback, Trump could potentially claim enough primaries for a full scale Tea Party revolt. If that happens, the choice becomes Trump or forfeiting the election, bar a major Democratic catastrophe.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

oh my god

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Whoever said "these candy-rear end forms aren't even big enough for me to write down how rich I am!" has it exactly right

Trump attached a letter to his filing saying as such.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Equine Don posted:

I hope he beats the poo poo out of everyone else at the debate next week.

This, except literally.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dahn posted:

Trump with a 52% favorable rating. How is this possible.

The Poll info

Aliquid posted:

I literally approve of Donald Trump at this point in time.

and I sent him a text message saying so!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Rubio wants to repeal the 21st amendment

what

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fronz posted:

Trump can't get more than ~30% of the primary vote. People will drop out and their voters will filter to Bush and Walker

Not everyone: Cruz and Carson voters will probably flow to Trump. Maybe Jindal too. I assume all the Perry voters that liked Trump have already jumped ship.

e: besides ~30% of the vote is enough so long as Walker and Bush are splitting it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Where are this man's handlers?

No Jeb, bad candidate! *newspaper*

I'm still not completely certain Jeb Bush isn't trying to sabotage himself.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:gowron:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, that debate was an unmitigated disaster for the RNC. Fox is desperately attempting damage control on Trump, but I think it's too late.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dalael posted:

Realism and sexism are not always mutually exclusive.

Nice avatar/post combo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Where's Deep Hurting when we need him?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Okay, fess up, which one of you was this:

Tea partiers are calling us the n-word?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Takanago posted:

Wouldn't kicking Trump out at the last minute guarantee a third-party run from him, though? Or would it just be too late for that.

I think the RNC would rather throw the election that nominate someone they can't control.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

This has been a fun ride but I am beginning to get the nervous feeling that the brakes on this freight train might be out.

We live, we die, we live again :kheldragar:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

donald will destroy Fox News in the next few months. he will destroy the Republican party by the iowa caucus. he will destroy the rest of hte mainstream media over the rest of the primaries. he will destroy the democratic party by october 2016. he will destroy america on january 21st 2017

insha'allah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just on Meet the Press --- NBC Post debate Poll:

#1 Trump - 23%
#2 Cruz - 13%
#3 Carson - 11%
#4 Fiorinia - 8%
#4 Rubio - 8%

Moe +/- 3.4%
August 7th-8th

Bush and Walker fall out of the Top 5, Kasich falls out of the Top 10.

It will be interesting to see what other polls show, this poll is a HUGE shake-up. Cruz was averaging around 6th place and between 5 and 6%. Fiorina wasn't registering. Carson was around 5th place and 6%. Rubio was BEHIND Bush and Walker as the establishment candidate.

rofl if this holds up this is cataclysmic for the GOP

• Locked thread