Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Just came back from Freep.

They are eating this up like rabid wolves. Trump is killing it.

If you're brave enough:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3322199/posts?q=1&;page=1#1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Deki posted:

Oh jesus, they want (war criminal) Alan West as secretary of defense?

OF COURSE they want a war criminal as Secretary of Defense. This is Freep!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Obviously Fox hates Trump, but on which side are the other republican media giants like Limbaugh and Drudge lining up?

Drudge, Limbaugh(most talk radio), Breitbart, and Freep are breaking HEAVY for Trump and anti-Fox.

The battle lines are drawn.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freepers love these two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP6S3KE2DaI

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/sources-roger-stone-quit-wasnt-fired-by-donald-trump-in-campaign-shakeup-121177.html

I hope it's all true.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

There's approximately a 0% chance of anything Roger Stone says being true, but it's funny nonetheless.

Yeah I don't trust either of these carnies, but as you stated, it's very funny.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just on Meet the Press --- NBC Post debate Poll:

#1 Trump - 23%
#2 Cruz - 13%
#3 Carson - 11%
#4 Fiorinia - 8%
#4 Rubio - 8%

Moe +/- 3.4%
August 7th-8th

Bush and Walker fall out of the Top 5, Kasich falls out of the Top 10.

It will be interesting to see what other polls show, this poll is a HUGE shake-up. Cruz was averaging around 6th place and between 5 and 6%. Fiorina wasn't registering. Carson was around 5th place and 6%. Rubio was BEHIND Bush and Walker as the establishment candidate.

I can't find these numbers anywhere. Surprised Freep doesn't have them yet.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freep has just gone "gently caress CARLY"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3322544/posts#comment

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carly Fiorina attacked Freep favorites Donald Trump and Ted Cruz today... Here's what the lunatic fringe have to say...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3322644/posts#comment

EDIT: Seems that she attacked Cruz years ago, and Freep dug this up just now.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 9, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

What Happens When You Rescind an Invitation to Trump?

Looks like a lot of bad things happen.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/09/what-happens-when-you-rescind-an-invitation-to-trump/

quote:

What happens when you rescind an invitation to Donald Trump?

Well, my RedState email is suddenly maxed out due to a flood of very angry emails. I’ve been called queer, an n-word lover, Megyn Kelly has been referred to as the c-word.

My office phone line’s voicemail has also gotten maxed out with angry phone calls.

Last night, people were leaving voicemails in my hotel room — having somehow managed to navigate the hotel switch board. At 3 o’clock this morning I had to unplug the phones in my room.

My twitter feed is unusable. It’s just angry people, many of them very recently created accounts of people following few others and with little to no followers. But I can’t interact with much of anyone because of the timeline.

Greta Van Susteren exacerbated it earlier today with her tweet piling on me, which brought in her followers on top of Donald Trump’s. They could not really distinguish that I had apologized for things I had said and Trump just changed his story.

Facebook is much the same way.

RedState suffered a denial of service attack throughout the night and into this morning.

Yesterday, my wife and kids had to pack up and leave the hotel because the few angry people were very loud and vocal as my kids were present. The kids got upset and scared so were unable to see the Gathering or go to last night’s party. The party itself was fine. Only two people told me they disagreed and they characterized it as “understanding but disappointed.”

It’s the whirlwind of hate right now, but at least voicemail is maxed out and email is crashed.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. Rescinding my invitation to Donald Trump was the right thing to do.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

The Donald had a vodka. Trump vodka (labeled super premium, naturally) was introduced in 2006 to much fanfare. Under the slogan "Success Distilled," the liquor was touted as the "epitome of vodka" that would "demand the same respect and inspire the same awe as the international legacy and brand of Donald Trump himself." At the time, Trump predicted the T&T (Trump and Tonic) would become the most requested drink in America, surpassed only by the Trump Martini.

Yes, it came in gold bottles. Of course it did.

Donald Trump is a carny bullshit merchant the likes of which we haven't seen since PT Barnum.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Lum_ posted:

21 point lead. Holy crap.

We're way out of crazification factor territory now. The whole GOP (well, a third!) has gone batshit.

They're even making GBS threads on Rush Limbaugh because he refuses to throw Erickson under the bus.

This frenzy cannot sustain itself till February, so enjoy the fireworks while they're here.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I remember when Trump would never make it to the first debate and yet he still did.

You maybe right, honestly I thought he was going to dump out when he had to file his financials. I just feel that he's not serious and when time comes for him to put skin in the game he's going to go down in flames.

Basically Donald Trump is a less serious Rob Ford. For all of Ford's goofiness the man put A LOT of skin in the game.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Nuclearmonkee posted:

He has lost millions of dollars worth of deals since he started the crazy train rolling. He's in for real.

I could be wrong but here's my opinion on Donald J Trump:

Donald Trump is a carny, and the Republican base are his marks. He is not serious, this is about bilking idiots out of money and having fun doing it.

As far as lost deals, when you get 24 million Americans to watch a Republican primary debate in the middle of summer it shows the power of your brand. Yeah he lost a lot, but he will gain even more once he dumps out. Hell, he's most likely in negotiations with Fox right now for an Apprentice-esque show.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Back on the CRAZY TRAIN - According to CNN, Fox has upped it's security in regards to threats on Megyn Kelly.

Freeper are going to throw acid in her face aren't they?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Another poll:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/10/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0QF1WL20150810

quote:

Trump led the party's 17-strong 2016 presidential field with the backing of 24 percent of Republican voters, unchanged from before Thursday's televised debate.

His closest rival, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, trails at 12 percent, down from 17 percent before the debate. No other candidate earned more than 8 percent in the online poll, conducted between the end of the debate and Sunday.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Full Battle Rattle posted:

So is "Trump can't win Iowa" still hard-hitting political analysis or has it become a prayer to an unfeeling, uncaring republican electorate?

An army of GOP operatives are looking for dead girls or live boys in Trump's closet.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL as if I needed more proof that Democrats are beta bitches.

Just saw video on FOX of Bernie's rally getting destroyed by two chubby little bimbos.

Donald Trump would have told them to shut the gently caress up, described in detail for the audience just how fat and disgusting they were, and then some loyal suits would have dragged them away kicking and screaming.

Imagine Bernie against Putin?!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Donald Trump, an actual fascist, is leading the GOP's polls.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ewTC1RJiik

She mad.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Iowa could be a swing state....

Of all the candidates Trump has the best shot of picking up the Deez Nuts voters, pushing him into the lead.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

""The Art of the Deal" is my second favorite book. You know what my most favorite book of all time is? THE BIBLE.. THE BIBLE!!"

-- Donald J. Trump

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is Trump actually a Christian? It seems to clash with the clear fact that his only god is himself.

He's whatever he has to be to snake out a mark.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how bad is this email thing going to gently caress Hillary?

Does anyone outside the #Bengazhi crowd care about emails?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

A supporter gave this to Ted Cruz yesterday :ughh:

You see this guy... This is the guy who is going to pick up the majority of Trump's numbers once he flames out. UGH.....

The fact that Ted Cruz' base are mostly made up of birthers is one of the greatest ironies and absolute brain fucks of the 21st century.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump is an actual true fascist.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

remusclaw posted:

Yeah, see there is exactly where Trump terrifies me the most. Can you imagine him, in the situation room during some crisis, while some joint chief is trying to explain to him exactly why his idea isn't going to work?

Reminds you of a certain someone?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

So... I guess BLM's next target is Trump.

Politically this could actually end well for both camps.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Looks like the Carson using Fetal issue thing is picking up steam in the right-wing circles.

Freep is having a minor meltdown over it. Half of them are done with Carson, the other half can't believe it and think it's a GOPe/MSM sabotage effort.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://instagram.com/p/6U95vmmhcR/?taken-by=realdonaldtrump

Holy poo poo.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

pathetic little tramp posted:

Well Carson was #2 in the polls, but we all knew that had to end. Just didn't think it'd be this fast.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/ben-carson-did-medical-research-with-aborted-fetal-tissue-too/

Yeah the right wing sphere is full of negative articles on Carson and Trump at the present. The Trump ones aren't sticking so well, but the Carson ones look like they're getting traction, and in the next debate watch for someone to throw this in his face.

EDIT: Just to add, if they take out Carson most of his support will trickle to Cruz, or Trump. If/When Trump flames out I believe Cruz will be positioned as the "Anti-Establishment guy" polling around 30%...

Montasque fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 13, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

More Carson/Abortion stuff is popping up today. Freepers are passing this link around:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/251078-carson-abortion-pill-should-be-available-in-cases-of-rape-or-incest

"Carson: 'Abortion pill' should be available in cases of rape or incest"

And this is what Freep thinks of his stance...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3324443/posts#comment

quote:

So murder the child because his dad was a monster?

Well, that’s one too many strikes Bennie.

2 posted on 8/13/2015, 6:38:18 PM by AmericanCheeseFood

quote:

Goodbye Carson, it was nice knowing you. Thanks for accepting the leftist premise that rape and incest makes up a significant portion of abortions, when in fact it's less than one-tenth of 1%.

War on Wimminz!
3 posted on 8/13/2015, 6:39:38 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Bush [the 90s rock band] for POTUS 2016!!!)

quote:

Got that right. If abortion is okay in “certain cases” like rape and incest, then, quite frankly it’s okay anytime. WHy can’t people see this simple logic: it’s always a baby, the baby is ALWAYS innocent, you can never murder a baby.

6 posted on 8/13/2015, 6:41:05 PM by vladimir998 (Apparently I'm still living in your head rent free. At least now it isn't empty.)

Freepers and their ilk were big supporters of Carson, he loses them it's bad news for him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

So is this just 'by chance' that all this Carson/Abortion stuff is popping up a few days after it comes out he's doing well in post debate polls?

Hmm....

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

JT Jag posted:

At this high of a level in politics almost nothing happens by chance.

Absolutely this is not by chance. On the same day they bring up Carson's stance on Abortion they hit Trump on the same subject. Difference is Trump supporters care more about illegals and general fascism than abortion. The same cannot be said for Carson supporters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

You could get lost in some kind of Illuminati conspiracy if you want, or you could think logically about it and realize that yes, he's being taken just seriously enough to incur some opposition research and this came up.

No conspiracy theory, just well planned political movements against an opponent is all I'm saying.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

From a few pages ago in regards to the timing of Carson's research with aborted fetuses being released:

It is definitely not coincidence. Journalism relies on sources and in the world of politics, your best source for information on a candidate is an opposing candidate's organization.

A friend of mine worked for a gubernatorial candidate here in Illinois. He found out that an opposing candidate had let go of a staffer after that staffer had accused him of making a pass at him. He held off on that information for a few months because he did not want to use it unless necessary (because the guy could be a decent ally if needed). The opposing candidate started getting media attention (a little bump in the polls) so he let the info leak to some reporter friends that he drinks with. The opposing candidate's poll numbers went down while my friend's candidate numbers went up (picking up the voters). If he had used that earlier in the campaign season, it might not have been noticed by the media and things lose their effectiveness when you can say "I was accused of this months ago and it went nowhere, stop wasting people's time". My friend does not have any issue about gays and he actually liked the candidate as a person but as he said "this is what you do when you want your guy to win".

The question "will this hurt Carson?" is not the important one right now. Instead, the better questions are "Who released this information?" and "How does Carson attack them back?"

Well considering a bunch of PRO - Walker stuff has been dropped today... I think I have an idea.

Also interestingly enough George Will's wife(and maybe George himself) are working for the Walker campaign...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FairGame posted:

No those are not important questions because Ben Carson is not an important candidate and any candidate with a chance already recognizes this and wouldn't bother kneecapping a useless candidate.

Op research is cool and fun and I rather doubt anyone is making any money doing it on Carson because he is too irrelevant to bother with.

In the grand scheme of things you're right, but this Iowa poll came out yesterday:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politics/iowa-donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc/

Since then we get Trump and Carson getting attacked on abortion, while the right wing sphere is full of pro-Walker talk...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carly Fiorina: "Always the parent's choice" to vaccinate kids

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carly-fiorina-always-parents-choice-vaccinate-kids/

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Gregoriev posted:

Teenagers/Foreigners/Twitterbots following him?

I think this nails it.

With that said less than 40% of 4 million is still a lot more than the others in the GOP field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

:siren:Donald Trump state fair helicopter rides still on:siren:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/14/politics/donald-trump-helicopter-state-fair/

You can't stump the Trump.

• Locked thread