Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

VanSandman posted:

I will never forgive Trump if a loving PERIOD joke is what kills his campaign.

Not unless he's running as a democrat. The rep base most likely agrees with him that that blonde hussy should shut her bleeding holes shut and get back in the kitchen. What I wondered about is whether Kelly is actually aware this is the type of person her side had been molding all these times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

This made me laugh because obviously Trump would be on top in that ticket and Satan is VP. Which reminded me of one of my favorite throwaway jokes from the old South Park movie - I'm blanking on which characters have the exchange, but it goes like:

"Satan and Saddam Hussein are coming!"

"SADDAM HUSSEIN???"

I think the other guy meant MR. Satan, not Satan himself. Also, Mr Satan is a better bullshitter than Trump. He saved the universe after all.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

iJeb! and W really do have scarily similar manerisms.

The difference is in the cartoon of a short yet strong Bush VS a tall yet feeble Kerry, Jeb looks like the Kerry in that.

Also, no, Trump does not have the charisma of Obama which is the swagger of a preacher. Trump has the charisma of an angry leader so not even Reagan's nor Clinton's. There's a reason his base is not people who are optimistic about things (like Obama's) and more of people who are angry about things. That's right. It's Hitler. Except Hitler was a better orator.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

-Blackadder- posted:

I'm watching the knoxville rally link and it's hilarious, he doesn't actually say anything, he just rambles, it's not even pre-written, he just makes it up as he goes along. It's scary that he might be even more effective if he actually read a speech someone wrote for him, but he just ad-libs everything.

This is why he won't be able to win in general election. Hillary will crush him in an actual debate. He's not good when pressured since his experiences has been about pressuring someone else who are already at a disadvantage either by position or personality. I don't follow Hillary's career and all I remembered before was how she was Bill's wife doing first lady stuff. Then I saw clips from the latest 11-hour grilling session and holy poo poo that lady can handle pressure and look presidential. Nothing will change if Hillary became president but the Reps don't really have anyone who could stand up to her in a debate. Maybe Cruz since he's so good at deflecting, or Rubio if he prepared mentally and somehow didn't get caught off guard. But they will most likely look like school children being scolded by their mom. Just bring back Romney.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

America is becoming more conservative.

Are you talking about "American" as in American people or government? Because thinking the average American citizen is becoming more conservative is laughable.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Sancho posted:

Worked on Cosby in 2015.

Cosby is black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005

radical meme posted:

Shut the gently caress up about nuking people. There is no parallel between WWII and the current strife in the Middle East. WWII was total war; poo poo going on in the Middle East is the same thing that's gone on there forever.

Really? You don't remember when a number of Koreans flew planes into Pearl Harbor so we just had to invade Japan? Or when some Japanese bandits attacked Paris while their group was occupying Hiroshima and Nagasaki so we just had to nuke those cities?

• Locked thread