Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

Title: Old Spice commercials make me uncomfortable
Tag: Rant
Text: why she arms gotta slither across the floor like some kinda snake armed weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland

by XyloJW

wth posted:

Title: Old Spice commercials make me uncomfortable
Tag: Rant
Text: why she arms gotta slither across the floor like some kinda snake armed weirdo

you watching the packers patriots too?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogcrash truther
Title: microaggressions MEGAthread

Tag: safe space

Text:

Welcome to the microaggressions megathread!

What Are Microaggressions?

Good question! According to Psychology Today,

quote:

Microaggressions are the everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs, or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.

But If They're So MICRO Why Do We Need To Talk About Them:D?

Viruses are pretty small too, but Ebola has killed thousands. JUST BECAUSE IT'S SMALL DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT DEADLY. Microaggressions are like an oppression virus, lowering our immune systems, loving with our brains, and destroying our hearts. They're the toxic background radiation of this terrible world. By talking about them we release the toxins, and reclaim our bodies, our brains, and, most importantly, our hearts.

My dad jokes with my younger sister that he remembers selling Girl Scout Cookies when he was a Girl Scout. She laughs, understanding the fact that since he’s a boy means that he could not have been a Girl Scout. Thanks, Dad. I’m a boy and a formal Girl Scout.

What Is This Thread For?

This thread is for detailing various microaggressions you've experienced, for apologizing for microaggressions you've committed in the past (even if you can't apologize to the direct victim), for discussing whether those apologies are sincere or still need work, and for unearthing possible microaggressions within this thread (think of them as metamicroaggressions...or is it micrometaaggressions? I don't know. Maybe we can talk about that too!)

What This Thread is Not For

Shitposting, fake apologies, fake experiences, making fun of microaggressions, or discussing whether microaggressions "really exist" (news flash, rear end in a top hat they do). I have been assured that the moderators will be carefully watching this thread and doing what's necessary to keep it safe.

Can You Provide an Example?

Sure. I can't count how many times one of my friends has said something like "Ohmygod, I am so bipolar," meaning that they're experiencing a temporary mood swing. BIPOLAR IS A DISEASE. If you were having a headache you wouldn't say "Ohmygod, I totally have brain cancer." You know why? BECAUSE THAT poo poo IS SERIOUS. And if you think bipolar people haven't been discriminated against, think again:

quote:

Bipolar disorder is associated with high rates of unemployment and job-related difficulties. A survey by the National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association showed that approximately 60% of individuals with bipolar disorder were unemployed, even among patients with college degrees. Additionally, 88% of the respondents reported occupational difficulties.

That's almost six times as high as it is for black Americans, a supposedly marginalized group.

Ok, so anyway, that's my most recent microexperience. Let's hear some of yours.

tao of lmao

i can't wait to post in that thread

dogcrash truther

wth posted:

i can't wait to post in that thread

if someone would make it, you could, my dude

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

dogcrash truther posted:

Title: microaggressions MEGAthread

Tag: safe space

Text:

Welcome to the microaggressions megathread!

What Are Microaggressions?

Good question! According to Psychology Today,

But If They're So MICRO Why Do We Need To Talk About Them:D?

Viruses are pretty small too, but Ebola has killed thousands. JUST BECAUSE IT'S SMALL DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT DEADLY. Microaggressions are like an oppression virus, lowering our immune systems, loving with our brains, and destroying our hearts. They're the toxic background radiation of this terrible world. By talking about them we release the toxins, and reclaim our bodies, our brains, and, most importantly, our hearts.

My dad jokes with my younger sister that he remembers selling Girl Scout Cookies when he was a Girl Scout. She laughs, understanding the fact that since he’s a boy means that he could not have been a Girl Scout. Thanks, Dad. I’m a boy and a formal Girl Scout.

What Is This Thread For?

This thread is for detailing various microaggressions you've experienced, for apologizing for microaggressions you've committed in the past (even if you can't apologize to the direct victim), for discussing whether those apologies are sincere or still need work, and for unearthing possible microaggressions within this thread (think of them as metamicroaggressions...or is it micrometaaggressions? I don't know. Maybe we can talk about that too!)

What This Thread is Not For

Shitposting, fake apologies, fake experiences, making fun of microaggressions, or discussing whether microaggressions "really exist" (news flash, rear end in a top hat they do). I have been assured that the moderators will be carefully watching this thread and doing what's necessary to keep it safe.

Can You Provide an Example?

Sure. I can't count how many times one of my friends has said something like "Ohmygod, I am so bipolar," meaning that they're experiencing a temporary mood swing. BIPOLAR IS A DISEASE. If you were having a headache you wouldn't say "Ohmygod, I totally have brain cancer." You know why? BECAUSE THAT poo poo IS SERIOUS. And if you think bipolar people haven't been discriminated against, think again:

That's almost six times as high as it is for black Americans, a supposedly marginalized group.

Ok, so anyway, that's my most recent microexperience. Let's hear some of yours.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684983

----------------

Ace of Baes
i posted it

in e/n :twisted:

----------------

dogcrash truther

lmao deadlypie

drilldo squirt

I just posted it in dnd, what a world we live in.

----------------

Full-Bodied Flavor

lol

Abysswalker

i was about to make the thread, but posting it in d&d is a much better idea

dogcrash truther

7777777 posted:

i posted it

in e/n :twisted:

enjoy you are ban. ps "aggressions" has two "g"s . I almost made the same mistake. its a very easy mistake to make and i don't fault you for it but :eng101:

tao of lmao

dogcrash truther posted:

if someone would make it, you could, my dude

alas

dogcrash truther
for the record, I intended for it to be posted here, in BYOB.

dogcrash truther
i bear no responsibility of any kind for what happens, unless its cool

drilldo squirt

Please be more clear next time.

----------------

emmie

emmie

i reposted it in byob just incase

dogcrash truther

emmie posted:

i reposted it in byob just incase

Thank you, you also made sure to include the quotes, which i appreciate.

Ace of Baes

dogcrash truther posted:

enjoy you are ban. ps "aggressions" has two "g"s . I almost made the same mistake. its a very easy mistake to make and i don't fault you for it but :eng101:

i only posted it where i thought it was appropriate. .if i die...so be it

----------------

dogcrash truther

7777777 posted:

tbqh it does belong ther but they already have this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2872710

drilldo squirt

dogcrash truther posted:

tbqh it does belong ther but they already have this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2872710

That thread is literally the most pathetic thing I know exists.

----------------

dogcrash truther

drilldo squirt posted:

That thread is literally the most pathetic thing I know exists.

u must not own any mirrors

drilldo squirt

Mirrors are really cool actually.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

dogcrash truther posted:

:iceburn:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

u musnt..either

FluffieDuckie

i am he posted:

u musnt..either

oh no you didn't :catstare:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

this thread's really getting good now...glad i had dogcrash truther post it for me

Ace of Baes

7777777 posted:

it only got gassed, but not before some psycho posted it in goonlulz and the FYAD bois went to town on my SJW-rear end

----------------

dogcrash truther
maybe it was too subtle

dogcrash truther
yeah, that's what i'm thinking. too subtle. must've been the subtlety

Matoi Ryuko

I want dogcrash truther to post a thread titled "Smoking's bad.", and the op says "You idiot!", use whatever tag.

FluffieDuckie

dct you got poor drilldo probed. don't you feel bad?

dogcrash truther

FluffieDuckie posted:

dct you got poor drilldo probed. don't you feel bad?

no. he's a big boy and knew what he was doing and I do not like BYOB poo poo anywhere but BYOB

tinkerttoy

by XyloJW
title: Dream Mice Bangin' Under My Bed
tag: whenever I post a thread I just go with weed but idk the tags offhand so if there's a better one please use your discretion

body:
Last night I had two weird dreams. In the first, I woke up to find a bunch of mice that looked like cat toys chilling over by my closet. I approached, unphased by the small army of mice (they looked kind of like fake mice but w/e), and began to pet one. The others turned to face me. I pet it for a while, then my cat came in to join me and pet another one. After some p. chill mice patting, the dream ended.

An unknown amount of time passed. Then the next dream began. I awoke again, not to mice in my closet, but to a rhythmic squeaking. Though I knew in my heart the source; it was obviously mice loving; I lay in denial several seconds, blaming first my cat then the TV. However, I eventually came to terms with the source, mice loving under my bed, and climbed out of bed to check. Mid-swoosh, I awoke for real. After a few seconds combatting my severe disorientation, I got up and checked under my bed. Not so much as a drop of mouse semen.

What does this mean? Is it an expression of my profound hopelessness? Am I an impossibly closeted furry? Am I the mouse?

----------------

froward

by Azathoth

tinkerttoy posted:

title: Dream Mice Bangin' Under My Bed
tag: whenever I post a thread I just go with weed but idk the tags offhand so if there's a better one please use your discretion

body:
Last night I had two weird dreams. In the first, I woke up to find a bunch of mice that looked like cat toys chilling over by my closet. I approached, unphased by the small army of mice (they looked kind of like fake mice but w/e), and began to pet one. The others turned to face me. I pet it for a while, then my cat came in to join me and pet another one. After some p. chill mice patting, the dream ended.

An unknown amount of time passed. Then the next dream began. I awoke again, not to mice in my closet, but to a rhythmic squeaking. Though I knew in my heart the source; it was obviously mice loving; I lay in denial several seconds, blaming first my cat then the TV. However, I eventually came to terms with the source, mice loving under my bed, and climbed out of bed to check. Mid-swoosh, I awoke for real. After a few seconds combatting my severe disorientation, I got up and checked under my bed. Not so much as a drop of mouse semen.

What does this mean? Is it an expression of my profound hopelessness? Am I an impossibly closeted furry? Am I the mouse?

i used this tag because luvvvv

posted here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685109

----------------

tinkerttoy

by XyloJW

Thanks, man, turns out it's an awesome thread.

----------------

dogcrash truther
Title: Let's discuss Serial, the podcast

Text: here's where you spoil the ending of the show. I don't know what that is because I'm not a thirty year old white dork but I bet some of you are. ps a little kid kills Omar in season five

bog pixie

dogcrash truther posted:

Title: Let's discuss Serial, the podcast

Text: here's where you spoil the ending of the show. I don't know what that is because I'm not a thirty year old white dork but I bet some of you are. ps a little kid kills Omar in season five

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689918

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

serial is just plain good olfd fashioned longform investigative journalism that isnt afraid to ask hard hittin g questions like" Who's lying - the black guy or the Muslim?"

• Locked thread